Adrian Shepherd return?

^ I concur. Adrian Is not a bad person. Sure he could kick the ass of everyone of this entire forum, but still, not a traditional "bad guy".

Eejit said:
As for why the Gman chose Gordon to be his champion in HL2, it could simply be because the leading Rebels already knew him. We don't know enough about his motives.

In my opinion there's simply no way to tell.

I also belive that it would be impossible to tell. Adrian's and Gordon's skill is dependant on the skill of the player. It would be like fighting a exact replica of yourself.

Cmon, are you guys gamers? We should'nt care about Anti Adrain and support adrain, good guy bad guy... Be happy theres a new game to play!

I just want the SAW back...that was the sweetest thing about Opposing Force. Oh and team mates that seemed pretty hardcore, more so than the runty rebels of HL2. Thinking about it, that was also because of the SAW; that weapon was the greatest!

Personally, I hate Shephard. I hate him a lot.
Nonetheless, Shephard MUST BE brought back in HL2. Since:
Shephard takes a role in HL. So he had, inevitably, become a part of the story. He must not vanish suddenly for no reason. If Shephard is absent, the game will become INCONSISTENT.

Shephard must appear. And he must be working or be use to working for G-man, according to the origin story.

There is no doubt in Shephard return, but...

The question is: Will Race X return? Rather unnecessary, for me. But still, Shephard and Race X seem to be inseparable. As my theory said, Race X cannot go disappeared soundlessly. Even if Race X does not appear as an enemy in the game, should its name be mentioned wordly in order to keep the game's consistency?

bbson_john said:
Shephard takes a role in HL. So he had, inevitably, become a part of the story. He must not vanish suddenly for no reason. If Shephard is absent, the game will become INCONSISTENT.

Shephard must appear. And he must be working or be use to working for G-man, according to the origin story.

The question is: Will Race X return? Rather unnecessary, for me. But still, Shephard and Race X seem to be inseparable. As my theory said, Race X cannot go disappeared soundlessly. Even if Race X does not appear as an enemy in the game, should its name be mentioned wordly in order to keep the game's consistency?
It's not inconsistance. Otis' non-appearance was never explained in HL2. Every lose end doesn't need tying.

I have asked this before but, who the hell is Otis?
bbson_john, thats silly. Shepard dosn't need to return. Gman could easily keep him in stasis for all eternity for all we know, and besides, we play from Gordons point of view, we learn what he learn. He never even heard of race X or Shepard.

Rizzo89 said:
I have asked this before but, who the hell is Otis?
bbson_john, thats silly. Shepard dosn't need to return. Gman could easily keep him in stasis for all eternity for all we know, and besides, we play from Gordons point of view, we learn what he learn. He never even heard of race X or Shepard.
Otis Laurey is a security guard from Blue Shift and Opposing Force, Half-Life 1's expansions. He is most for wishing to put a headcrab on hs mantlepiece...if he had one.

bbson_john said:

Race X will not be continued, this has been confirmed. And no, it won't be inconsistent if he doesn't return. Far from it.

Let us hope that they appease both groups of fans then, by bringing back Adrian Shephard...and summarily killing him off in a way that brokers no chance of return.

It is not so much that I hate Shephard for the man himself. I simply believe that his role has been fulfilled and there's no reason to bring him back. There's no real convincing way that you could put Shephard into the story without it seeming cheesy; the G-man controls him just as he controls Gordon, therefore the G-man would have to release him. And for what purpose? To fight alongside Gordon Freeman? To fight AGAINST him? Both foolish reasons that would do nothing for the story except to excite the Adrian fanboy masses. And the third option of Adrian escaping from G-man's control is also ridiculous.

I don't hate Adrian Shephard for Adrian Shephard. I hate Adrian Shephard because he has some ridiculous following that wishes to see him back again when it would serve absolutely NO PURPOSE. Therefore, I'd like to see him die. Maimed, if possible.

Darkside55 said:
Let us hope that they appease both groups of fans then, by bringing back Adrian Shephard...and summarily killing him off in a way that brokers no chance of return.

It is not so much that I hate Shephard for the man himself. I simply believe that his role has been fulfilled and there's no reason to bring him back. There's no real convincing way that you could put Shephard into the story without it seeming cheesy; the G-man controls him just as he controls Gordon, therefore the G-man would have to release him. And for what purpose? To fight alongside Gordon Freeman? To fight AGAINST him? Both foolish reasons that would do nothing for the story except to excite the Adrian fanboy masses. And the third option of Adrian escaping from G-man's control is also ridiculous.

I don't hate Adrian Shephard for Adrian Shephard. I hate Adrian Shephard because he has some ridiculous following that wishes to see him back again when it would serve absolutely NO PURPOSE. Therefore, I'd like to see him die. Maimed, if possible.

Valve would think of something. The Gman (or alteast from what I understand) Is a contractor of sorts, so if he needed a job done, and Gordon is already doing something than why not use Adrian? I dont know im just throwing stuff out there @_@ It would probably be something insignificant though..like when he killed the Race X giant worm..factory thing, the base still blew up..so..he really didn't need to but oh well =/. Also..

ríomhaire said:
Otis Laurey is a security guard from Blue Shift and Opposing Force, Half-Life 1's expansions. He is most for wishing to put a headcrab on hs mantlepiece...if he had one.

They could always have a random house you goto have a headcrab on a mantle =P Not actually otis, but a reference to him >_>

I want to see Shephard thrown in somewhere as an easter egg. For example, in Aftermath when your in some sort of sewer there is some sort of passage that doesn't go anywhere. If you go down that passage you will see a Shephard in his old PCV. Nametagged or something.

This is only an example. I'm sure a better one can be thought up :D

Darkside55 said:

That about sums up my feelings.

Darkside55 said:

Well, sadly, if VALVe did want to put Shepard back, The g-man has lost control of Gordon, right? Wouldn't that warrant some sort of action from his side you think?

It doesn't make any sense from a practical point of view, though. Gordon escapes control...so the G-man sends out ANOTHER agent? Who's to say that he won't lose control again? G-man's control--as far as we've seen--amounts to nothing more than the ability to retrieve said agents, mess with their heads, and place them in stasis. While that's a mighty power, it doesn't prevent his employees from having free thought...and if you were a man who's been flying around in an osprey on some godforsaken (though otherworldly-beautiful) alien borderworld, and you were suddenly released and charged with picking up your last mission from nearly twenty years ago, wouldn't your first thoughts be on escape rather than compliance? He'd try to break free and the G-man would just have to send him back again. That is not a risk I think he would be willing to take.

Darkside55 said:
It doesn't make any sense from a practical point of view, though. Gordon escapes control...so the G-man sends out ANOTHER agent? Who's to say that he won't lose control again? G-man's control--as far as we've seen--amounts to nothing more than the ability to retrieve said agents, mess with their heads, and place them in stasis. While that's a mighty power, it doesn't prevent his employees from having free thought...and if you were a man who's been flying around in an osprey on some godforsaken (though otherworldly-beautiful) alien borderworld, and you were suddenly released and charged with picking up your last mission from nearly twenty years ago, wouldn't your first thoughts be on escape rather than compliance? He'd try to break free and the G-man would just have to send him back again. That is not a risk I think he would be willing to take.

True, but the G-man could probably release him at a time where given the circumstances, escape really wouldn't be an option. I think the G-man would know when and where to release his Agents, so that whether they like it or not, they would somehow end up finishing whatever job he had sent them on.

Adrik_Senturu said:
True, but the G-man could probably release him at a time where given the circumstances, escape really wouldn't be an option. I think the G-man would know when and where to release his Agents, so that whether they like it or not, they would somehow end up finishing whatever job he had sent them on.

You stay out off this site mister!

Your sig looks wired.

Maybe Shepard got realesed when Gordon did. He loeses control of both of them.
And i dont think that Shepard has experienced 20 years, maybe it just felt like 2 weeks or something. If it was in fact 20 years of darkness and blinking lights flying by, you whould go insane. And thats not a very good idea, send in crazy agents with military training.

Rizzo89 said:
Your sig looks wired.

Maybe Shepard got realesed when Gordon did. He loeses control of both of them.
And i dont think that Shepard has experienced 20 years, maybe it just felt like 2 weeks or something. If it was in fact 20 years of darkness and blinking lights flying by, you whould go insane. And thats not a very good idea, send in crazy agents with military training.
Of course you can do that, you just gotta have an exit strategy...

Yeah, thats what i said, i onely meant that if Shepard or Gordon had to wait all the time they spent in stasis, they whould go nuts.

UltimaApocalyspe said:
For Gordon, 10 years was like 2 seconds. Same for Shephard.

But Gordon wasn't in for 10 years. It was two decades.

Ha ha ha!
You know what i mean. Please im not trying to speak for bringin in Shepard, i have no desire for him to return, whatever Valve desides will work out. I think.
They won't just have some npc standing there with a a gas mask and we will be all: Woot?!?!?!11+ The sHaperd is Back!

If Gordon escaps, Shepard can.
I belive they where in some sort of slow teleport, like the one Alyx and gordon went from Nova prospect to Klieners lab.
So they dont feel that its been two decades. Its more like a few days or less.

Samon said:
I was using 10 years as an example :)

Edit: Look what I found on another site:

1142_1.jpg

Samon said:
TBH, I'd say whoever wrote that probably pulled the two decades thing out of their ass.

Its the Episode 1 official site, wherein the story section is undoubtedly going to be written by Marc Laidlaw. Are Valve that stupid? No. They've a writer, they use him. Its never said how long its been in HL2, and is therefore open to whatever Valve see's fit - two decades is far more plausible than 10 years.

The site isn't a fansite. Its run by Valve. Everything on it - official.

I don't believe them :p.

10 YEARS I SAY! 10 YEARS!

And the Shephard pic is pretty awesome.

Samon said:
Its the Episode 1 official site, wherein the story section is undoubtedly going to be written by Marc Laidlaw. Are Valve that stupid? No. They've a writer, they use him. Its never said how long its been in HL2, and is therefore open to whatever Valve see's fit - two decades is far more plausible than 10 years.

The site isn't a fansite. Its run by Valve. Everything on it - official.
Does that mean they really are clever? :O

Err, in AM the Gman is losing control of good ol' Gordy. So....it seems pertinent that he might lose control of Shepard, or maybe unleash him. Who knows.

But losing control in what way?

Maybe in order to keep a person trapped in stasis, it requires some concentration on his part. Maybe he's been getting weak lately, and loses this concentration. Perhaps he actually does age, but his human form that he is in doesn't.

We can hardly say that Gordon just said "Screw this" jumped out of stasis. SOMETHING must have happened. A third party, the resistance, Alyx, who knows. But what I'm wondering is how Valve will show how you got out. Will it be HL2's opening except Kliener is saying "Rise and Shine"?

But as for Shephard, it's the same thing. G-Man has to release him if he is to ever see Earth again. I doubt someone would try to break HIM free.

I hope Shephards osprey gets lost in stasis, wherein Gman can't find him.

I think it's not just a case of the g-man accedentaly droping Gordon off in the citadel, that's Deus Ex Machina and shouldn't have any place in HL. More likly something "is pulling him away". And whoever it is would hardly have heard of Shephard, not to mention be interested in him.

Back