Adrian Shepherd return?

But, what did the US. try to do after Black Mesa was nuked?

Darkside55 said:
It's really a wonder Shephard has so many fans to begin with. I question WHY people want to see him back so badly. Was it because he was a "badass" marine? Was it because you were playing in opposition to Gordon Freeman? I don't get it.

No one's going to say that Adrian Shephard didn't do some awesome things and tackle a crap-ton of aliens (along with the black ops), but really, a lot of people were in that boat with him. Counting official expansion packs and mods, it's like everybody and their mother grabbed some handy tool (crowbar, wrench, tire iron, a hammer...) and kicked the crap out of aliens and the military. So what's the big deal with Shephard?

The opposition thing too, that's one of the real reasons I remember hating on Adrian fans. Remember in the months *cough*years*cough* before HL2 came out? People would fill that rumors and speculations board with, "Hey, maybe the Combine soldiers were trained by Adrian Shephard or based off his DNA," silly fanboy theories like that. Just because he was tracking you in the first game, he's automatically a candidate for a future boss fight, or he has to fill some role of greater importance. Now that Gordon's loosed from the G-man, automatically everyone has to assume that the G-man's going to pit pawn against pawn because hey, they were on different sides before, right?

The bottom line is that Shephard's act is done. The curtain has closed on his scene. Samon has the right of it, his story is concluded and there is no reason for him to come back. Because if he comes back, he's going to fill some half-assed role of fighting Gordon Freeman, or backing him up, or training resistance fighters (ah, I can hear the fanboys going nuts with glee over that idea)...and it's just really pointless. The man got the Adrian Shephard. He was placed in another dimension to sit and die. He had a cool adventure but that doesn't mean he should have another. Not everyone is deserving of a second scene...and if his first game ended so well, why should you want to disturb that?

Bad ass marine is one, two its a another Half-Life game, three its cool to have other people view of things besides Freeman's.

Shephard's act is not done!

Black Mesa was, IMO, a private sector facility but Government support was probably needed for such dangerous research. The US govt. must have helped fund BMRF so the military could use teleportation.

PS: The one named Shephard must dieeee!

Roman Legion said:
But, what did the US. try to do after Black Mesa was nuked?

Err, nothing? The world was hit with portal storms, masses of aliens spawning from Xen left right and centre.

Azner said:
Ur meant to be in lime werent you...:p
No, have made posts not in lime. I do not when I post quotes, TDC articles or console commands. :p

Shepard might return?

The unholy warrior will return to our divine game, as foretold in the prophecy! His ungodly spanner will cover the world in darkness for a thousand years, seas will boil! Earth will tremble! Night will be as day and time as we know it will cease! These are the end of times! Repent! Repent!

Haha I love the RVB quote, kudos to you. But i must say i have full faith in Valve bringing back Shephard, woot!

I always thought it would be interesting if Gordon found Adrian Shephard's dog tags on a dead Combine soldier, solving the argument once and for all.

Gman is Shepard. Grunt man. Thats why he put himself in stasis. The same mater can't exist at the same place at the same time.

i hate all fanboyz...all anti shephard, all ps3, all xbox360, all hl2,halo all kinda fans..they always make stupid arguements like this

Gman is Shepard. Grunt man. Thats why he put himself in stasis. The same mater can't exist at the same place at the same time.

If that wasnt saracastic, i'm going to kill you :p

Of course that was sarcastic. Everyone knows that the Gman is Samon in disguise.

Well, I'll say this about Sheperd - if they do another Half-Life about him, and they do it well, then I won't be complaining.

Of course that was sarcastic. Everyone knows that the Gman is Samon in disguise.
But...Samon is Dr. Breen
k1om.gif

WTF this thread is months old who bumped it?

"It is always better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one!"

I've been itching to find an excuse to post my Shephard Dog Tag idea for yonks. God bless bumps!

But...Samon is Dr. Breen
Only if he's self-hating. :p You should hear the discussions Samon and I have about the consul. Samon despises Breen.

Rizzo said:
I'm speechless, but in a good way. You deserve an award.

And now he's avatarless. He couldn't stand looking at Breen's face every time he made a post. :LOL:

"It is always better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one!"

I've been itching to find an excuse to post my Shephard Dog Tag idea for yonks. God bless bumps!

Aha, I forgot/*cough*never seen that qoute*cough* Whoo. Excuse me.

I love Breen! Darkside is just...delluded. :p
As a character maybe. Unless you finally agree with me that Breen was right the whole time, and he was the true protagonist of the story. Admit it!

No. Don't be silly. He's the antagonist, the bad guy, despite this odd flicker of humanity in him. Your ideas are warped and silly Darkside, you know it!

Lies! Lies propagated by the resistance! Dr. Breen is (was? :( ) the only one capable of humanity's salvation, and Freeman and his ragtag group have dashed it all to pieces.

We're all doomed now.

When I saw the thread, I predicted the first post would be from Samon. :)

If Samon ever created a thread about the return of Adrian Shephard it'd cause a blackhole that'd devour the forum, the site, then the entire internet. Such a scenario would break all kinds of natural laws of the universe.

And I'll be quiet about Dr. Breen...for now...*lays low and goes back to drafting a robotic body for the good doctor*

Yeah, I don't think Shepard will make an apperance for a while (if at all). IMO he has been left out of the storyline for too long, so I think we can doubt his return.

No, he's coming back. It's been all but confirmed. Gabe likes him, and he's said, quote, "We'll get around to him eventually." Or someone at Valve said that. It was probably Gabe.

No, he's coming back. It's been all but confirmed. Gabe likes him, and he's said, quote, "We'll get around to him eventually." Or someone at Valve said that. It was probably Gabe.

Ha ha! I don't believe anyone said that. It would have been made into a bumper sticker by now.

No, it's been said. Trust me, I wouldn't make something like that up. You're gonna hate me for saying so (your sig has been noted) but saying "Adrian Shephard's return is all but confirmed" is something I don't want to say. I really, really wish I didn't have to.

So you can start printing up those bumper stickers.

No, it's been said. Trust me, I wouldn't make something like that up. You're gonna hate me for saying so (your sig has been noted) but saying "Adrian Shephard's return is all but confirmed" is something I don't want to say. I really, really wish I didn't have to.

O yay, I can rejoice now. *fireworks*

NOOOOOOOOO.

Shephard for the lose. I don't see any point in brining him back, at all. Why? What need? What for? He achieved nothing. Apologies, but I tire greatly of this Shephard love.

I see you're still anti-shepard , bastard :) .

My guess is that Shephard will get sent either:
1. into the 7 hour war
2. To hunt down Freeman

As some say he's got nothing to back him up, he'll quickly adapt, because he's got a load of his weaponry and equipment not confiscated. His longest mission - hunt down freeman. One time ordered by the government, this time by the Gman.

Ohh NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a horrible day, I shall not live another day. I don't think I can forgive VALVe for this. D:

I think Shephard (we) won't know our mission till the middle/end of the game, much as we didn't know what are we into( or shouldn't have, would we not play hl :p) in opposing force.

Back