Adrian Shepherd return?

gordonslastsightqy3.jpg

OH NOES!!!!1111!

I think that they should bring him back in some form.

OH NOES!!!!1111!

*snip*

I think that they should bring him back in some form.

Yeah, as a dead ragdoll; thats how it should be for shepard, why wont the fantisizing of him stop? He is quite irrelivant for the future of HL, such as ep2, ep3, HL3 and beyond.

Well here is my theory, G-Man fully loses control of Freeman by the end of these particular episodes, in the next game or episode of the next story arc, G-Man then uses Shepard to hunt down and eliminate Freeman, seem like the only way he could be use, other than it would be utterly useless and pointless in any other scenerio in my opinion

It makes no sense bringing shepard back at all, but there you go, as far as I am concerned, the only thing that remotely makes any sense Shepard hunting down Freeman because...i dont know, Freeman being in that part of time but not under G-Man control is messing up his plans are whatever, or he is pissed off that he has evaded his control and wants him dead. Either or he is put into the 7 hour war (hmm...), either way its pretty lame...

I give anyone this challenge of finding a decent and logical reason why Shepard should return

But G-Man doesn't control people's actions per say - he just places them in situations where he knows how they will react. I think a lot of people forget that Shepard himself would have to decide to go after Freeman - and I can think of no logical reason why he would. That and there is no logical reason why G-Man would want Freeman dead.

But G-Man doesn't control people's actions per say - he just places them in situations where he knows how they will react. I think a lot of people forget that Shepard himself would have to decide to go after Freeman - and I can think of no logical reason why he would. That and there is no logical reason why G-Man would want Freeman dead.

There is but one - Freeman making Shephard go through all that bmrf killing. He'd like to kick his ass for that i'm sure :O .

Which is why Shepard coming back, is utterly, utterly pointless, he just will not fit into the storyline and will most likely confuse everything

Agreed, plus I don't think G-man will use him because he is seen talking to alyx's unconcious body.

Shephard: get into da choppa!!!111

He's gonna make sense if he'll cause wreckage.

Lololololol 2-bit ava Kamakazi :thumbs:

Shepard was irrelevant right from the start. He did nothing to change the situation in BMRF and has pretty much no insertion point in the HL story so far that actually needs some mentally/physiaclly retarded marine.

Piggy, Shephard is neither. He's an agile, sturdy fellow with a fair bit of IQ under the helmet.

I'd love to have Shephard make a cameo, for instance, a guy in old HECU gear in the silo hospital ("Vortigaunts found him, we still can't make out where he comes from and why does he look like one fo those grunts from Black Mesa") and the player could zoom in to see a tag on his uniform.

Or in the form of a convo between two rebels about the combat provess of this guy vortigaunts brought in.

He might also be a personal bodyguard to Kleiner, with parts of HECU gear mixed with Combine equipment.

Just not a fully featured character.

I'd like to see his rotting corpse in one of those outdoor areas, when some rebel says, "poor feller, probably died in the seven hour war" or something.

Shephard phails.

Actually, I like Shephard a lot, despite him being a, well, simple grunt.

Or a cameo made by his son, Andrew Shephard.

Rebel 1: "What's your story?"
Rebel 2: "Well, not really interesting. I'm son of Adrian Shephard, he was in Black Mesa."
Rebel 1: "Really? He worked there?"
Rebel 2: "Uh, kinda'."

I'd like to see his rotting corpse in one of those outdoor areas, when some rebel says, "poor feller, probably died in the seven hour war" or something.

Shephard phails.

the best thing really, the only good shepard is a dead shepard as far as i am concerned, either kill him or just dont bring him in at all

I have yet to hear a good (ie, good storytelling), sensical and well thought-out scenario for the return of Shepard.

That's because LaidLaw hasn't had his say yet. Of course, one could argue (read: not necessarily right) that bringing Shephard back is non-sensical altogether. I think he would work better as a POV (you play him) than an NPC Gordon meets/interacts with.

Dead Sheppy is too extreme. I want him in some kind of insane asylum blubbering about suited men and how he is a soldier from the Black Mesa incident. He could be attended by Vortiguant nurses who administer injections when he gets too excited, and play along with Sheppy's stories, only to say "The Freeman will be wise to disregard the Shephered One, he is loop of fruitiness" behind his back.

I think it's pretty much been settled that any dislike for Shephard is based on irrational, pointless grounding. With that said...

I do not see an insertion point for Shephard at the moment in HL2's storyline. Then again, I never expected the Combine either. In the end it's all up to Laidlaw. And when Shephard does make his return (Gabe Newell has expressed interest in returning to the character), I'm sure it will be in a fashion that makes sense, is of significance, and everybody can be satisfied with.

The haters will just have to chew glass or something.

Maybe Shephard is the character that Valve promises to return in Episode Two(if i'm right they do). And if he does indeed return, he's gonna make some kind of a sacrifice :p...but to be in stasis for so long just to be returned to die, haha.

I hate to say it but that picture Darkangel posted is awesome.

Making Shephard look awesome should be a crime.

Absinthe said:
The haters will just have to chew glass or something.
*crunch, crunch*
Glaff in mah teef!

Maybe Shephard is the character that Valve promises to return in Episode Two(if i'm right they do). And if he does indeed return, he's gonna make some kind of a sacrifice :p...but to be in stasis for so long just to be returned to die, haha.

The character in Episode 2 is one of the scientists seen in the test chamber.

Ya picked the wrong color to hide that remark.

Hey, Shephard is not retarded, not by a long shot. Otherwise, he'd shoot himself in the foot with the displacer.

You pig! ;)

I have this theory, or idea if you will, that Adrian Shepherd returns to save Gordon. Made a few Garry's mod 9 screenies with him carrying Gordon over his shoulder. Valve could easily put him in as Opposing Force kind of ended with a cliffhanger.

I would like to play as Shephard again myself, but at the same time I think Opposing Force's cryptic ending is very fitting. There aren't enough of them these days. Regardless, there are plenty of plausible ways Shephard could be reintegrated into Half-Life. I still think that he or someone else should have been used for the "Episodes". The intro to Episode One was a slap in the face to the ending to Half-Life 2.

I really like the starting of Episode One. I think people don't like it because we don't fully understand it yet.

Plus, it runs in parallel to the intro sequence to Half-Life 2, both were a sort of a dream...

On its own I like the start to Episode One, but not when I take Half-Life 2's ending into consideration. It's a retcon. Half-life 2 ended perfectly, and it had feeling of finality to it. Episode One ruins that.

The ending to HL2 was never supposed to be final, though; it was transitory. You knew that ending couldn't last, and one of two things had to happen: Freeman breaks free or the G-man sends him on another mission. And while either of those two things could've happened at any time afterward, Valve chose for it to happen almost immediately after HL2's end. I don't see how it's a retcon, considering the ending still happened...just the next event happened within the space of a few hours.

The ending to HL2 was never supposed to be final, though; it was transitory. You knew that ending couldn't last, and one of two things had to happen: Freeman breaks free or the G-man sends him on another mission. And while either of those two things could've happened at any time afterward, Valve chose for it to happen almost immediately after HL2's end. I don't see how it's a retcon, considering the ending still happened...just the next event happened within the space of a few hours.

One of my friends predicted something along the lines of "If and when... your time comes again... AND THAT TIME IS NOW! *punts Gordon backwards*"

Why are some people saying Adrian has no purpose and would be pointless to make him return?

I hear some people here say there is no military anymore and that is why,
but seriously why would there have to be? Thats like saying Freeman wouldnt have been able to return half-life 2 because theres no Blackmesa.

Valve can offically bring him back into the story and they would make it work.

and remember;
Adrian was detained by G-man for future use much like Gordon except not hired, But at the end if you paid attention it stated "Further Evaluation Pending"

And the body suit as someone mentioned, would be chargable, it can be charged through the HEV unit like Freeman's hazard suit.

Anyways It could happen; Valve did announce that there will be four episodes to Half-life 2 and the fourth one being developed by a different developer (Gearbox perhaps?) do the math and Gearbox= Adrian Shepherd.

Why are some people being so anti shepherd? he has no purpose? thats why when they fit him in the story they'd "give" him a purpose, sheesh its not like Freeman was as fleshed out and deep into the story before #2, Half-Life 2 would have worked even if it was an entirly new character in city 17. if Adrian is brought back you can be assured that he will fit right in and become a character with a "purpose"

Characters aren't 'given' a purpose they have to be needed for the story. All the characters in HL2 are needed for the story to progress. The new character in Episode Two will be introduced due to a need in the story (my favourite theory ATM is this one.
For Adrian to be introduced into the story G-Man would have to have a reason for releasing him. No one has come up with a plausible reason why he would return.

Back