Adrian Shepherd return?

If we knew how long it took Freeman to get his phD we'd have the exact year HL1 took place. He graduated MIT in 1999, and was 27 at the time of BMRF. Getting a phD in physics is usually less than seven years, but it can be shorter than that. MIT also requires new students' first year "major-undeclared," picking their major in the second year.

If Freeman took eight years to get his degree that'd place him at 26 years old in 1999, with less than a year at Innsbruck, which means HL1 took place in 2000. This is also assuming that Dr. Freeman's 28th birthday was not about to fall in the near future.

HL2 would therefore take place in 2020.

Can someone give a link or something to where it said HL2 was 20 years after HL1? because I'm pretty sure I read 10 or 15 years in RTB, but it doesn't seem right anyway.

I thought I remember Kleiner making reference to almost 2 decades in game?

Can someone give a link or something to where it said HL2 was 20 years after HL1? because I'm pretty sure I read 10 or 15 years in RTB, but it doesn't seem right anyway.
It IS ten years in RtB, but RtB isn't a story bible, just a graveyard of old concept work that has been altered for the final product.
Gordon emerges from the darkness, nearly two decades removed from his last conscious thought.
http://ep1.half-life2.com/story.php

I don't really care. Eli seems to be about 20 years older than he was in HL1, all the cars are from like 1999, It would take a whil for something like a citdael to be fully rigged and operational after deployment, and the water level has dried up considerably, which takes time. RTB was (as Kupo said) a collection of concepts made, possibly RIGHT after HL1's launch, obviously, some concepts were cut.

Oh, and you spelle 'Suicide' and 'The' wrong.

Would be fun to see SHEPHARD again, not Shepherd. I don't understand these guys, it is not SHEPARD or SHEPHERD or SHEPERD, it is SHEPHARD.

Sorry but I'm just getting annoyed for that none knows the real name. Even some modders say that "Shepard" makes return.

Bad thing is that about his return that it was Gearbox character, not Valve. Valve doesn't care much about Gearbox storyline, sadly.

Would be fun to see SHEPHARD again, not Shepherd. I don't understand these guys, it is not SHEPARD or SHEPHERD or SHEPERD, it is SHEPHARD.

Sorry but I'm just getting annoyed for that none knows the real name.
We apologise, Doctor Johnson.

Sorry but I'm just getting annoyed for that none knows the real name.

Either that or nobody actually cares.

Sorry but I'm just getting annoyed for that none knows the real name. Even some modders say that "Shepard" makes return.

Bad thing is that about his return that it was Gearbox character, not Valve. Valve doesn't care much about Gearbox storyline, sadly.
I'm sorry, let me correct myself
SHEPHARD SUCKS

I've always spelled his name right, but until you made such a big deal of it right now I never noticed how much it looks like "sheep hard."

Sheep Hard sucks.

Samon, when you see my sig and others like it, do your eyes burn?

Burns my eyes, the colour is too bright lol

I can't actually read it. It merges with the forum theme!

I'm not one who 'likes' Shephard's character. I mean, you know nothing about him. But I just enjoy the way he fits into the storyline. I'd rather play as a soldier sent to permanently shut down Black Mesa, rather than being the guy to be blamed for it all... Does ANYONE (in the game) ever mention that it >BMRF incident< was all HIS fault? Because I feel sorry when rebels or people talk about how bad the combine are, and I kinda feel guilty as a clip of me >Gordon< pushes the sample into the antimass spectrometer flies through my head... *eye twitch*

I believe that Adrian Shepherd should return. Though maybe as an NPC, like G-Man releases Adrian and tells him that Gordon is on his side or something like that. If they don't have Adrian somewhere in HL2 or any upcoming episodes, Opposing Force was a complete waste of time. Adrian does surivive the nuclear explosion, and was put into stasis by G-Man. Adrian should be in Hl2 or at the least included in some game that depicts the 7 hour war.

In the middle of Episode 3, Gordon will meet a rebel NPC standing over a mangled corpse saying 'Poor Shephard, the antlions got him!'.

And then Half-Life fans everywhere will be filled with a sense of profound joy.

My idea is that he must return. G-man didn't place him in stasis just to rot away in there.
He was "waiting for assignment" or something. He has to return someday.

Well if he was put into stasis, the Gman or his..."employers"...had to have some use for him.

He said he would preserve him "for a time". Perhaps that time has passed.

The word "preserve" makes it sound, to me, that he doesn't have many future prospects.

Dammit, Vortigaunts could've taken him with them while shoplifting Gordon.

You know, buy one Freeman, get Shephard for free.

I don't think they needed Adrian.

And could he possibly be held there to replace Gordon when he should die?

He said he would preserve him "for a time". Perhaps that time has passed.
It'd seem odd if Shepherd's indefinite detention was only a matter of days longer than Freeman's employment release.

Like developer says, people wants to see some new concepts instead of old content. I'm not against Adrian nor other contributions done by Gearbox, but there is no point of bringing old business back.

Would you care to specify, just WHAT you mean by "old business".
Adrian is NOT old business. Nothing is. Just because something was featured only once in an expansion and hasn't appeared since, even though it had potential doesn't instantly make it "old".:hmph:

All sound like good points. Now I haven't played EP1 and I don't know much about upcoming EP2, but doesn't Freeman betray G-Man? If so, wouldn't it be possible that the G-Man may send Adrian after Freeman as some sort of revenge? It would in fact complete Adrians mission which was to hunt down Freeman. I think it would be a very interesting story line with many plausable ideas.

All sound like good points. Now I haven't played EP1 and I don't know much about upcoming EP2, but doesn't Freeman betray G-Man? If so, wouldn't it be possible that the G-Man may send Adrian after Freeman as some sort of revenge? It would in fact complete Adrians mission which was to hunt down Freeman. I think it would be a very interesting story line with many plausable ideas.

That would be cliche, Shephard hunting down Gordon Freeman because he escaped Gmans grasp.. now they have to fight to the death in a never ending battle of silent transparent protagonists.

Gordon didn't escape himself. He was taken from the Gman by the purple Vorts.

Shepherd did not know his mission, his Osprey was shot down before his unit was briefed.

Back