aleens comin to kick our shit

Orcone101

Reaction score
So, like, aliens n shit.

Airforce generals going on CNN and admitting ufo's and aliens have been ****ing us for years, the UN elects an "Alien Ambassador" all of a sudden, ufo sightings increasing to **** and back in 2010, UFOs disarming nukes all over the country, SETI being taken over by the government and talks of a planet 20 light years from us with 100% chance of life on it.

What the ****. We're all going to die and you're all still fat.
And I ain't linking shit. Google anything in the above paragraph and you'll find reputable sources of information.

I'm off to wank, for what may be the last chance I ever get.

Didn't find many reputable websites from much of that.

That planet 20 light years away has a CHANCE of life on it, and it is probable, but not 100%. Its similar enough to ours to house life, but they don't know. On that subject, who says a planet needs to be under our conditions to house life? Can't there be life that adheres to other rules?

Far as I'm concerned, I believe in alien life, but I don't think it's here. Aliens with good enough tech to find us and watch us, would see us as inferior and non-intelligent, and kill us off to loot our resources.

If aliens were going to kill us, they could and would have done so thousands of years ago. If they're busy disarming nukes, they're benevolent as f**k.

I'm tired from not sleeping for the last 3 days, so I'm just going to post this instead of another speech on the Final Solution of the Alien problem. We will triumph.

...the combined might of the nations of Man will be more than enough to annihilate the Alien who seeks to disturb our peace. In the end, however, we'll be the ones visiting. We'll be the ones that will turn their homeworlds into nothing but radioactive ash. They shall fear the millions and millions of human beings, a tidal wave, a force of nature that sweeps across the galaxy in our rightful quest of total domination of this universe. They shall call us the Swarm, a Plague of Locusts. They shall fear us, because they realize there is nothing that they can do to stop us.

ya well the UN ambassador thing was just a rumor. they dont even know if there's water let alone life; their reasoning was that life would be contingent of there being water on this new planet

also Numbers you'll be the first casualty in a war againtt the aliens. how do I know? I'd shoot you myself just to stop the overly gungho crap. this is war son shut yer yapper

also Numbers you'll be the first casualty in a war againtt the aliens. how do I know? I'd shoot you myself just to stop the overly gungho crap. this is war son shut yer yapper

It's OK I can end this war without firing a shot!

jeffgoldblum.jpg

You know that whole thing with extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary proof? Eyewitness accounts won't cut it.

Despite the silliness, it's nice to revisit the nostalgia of the 90s when Alien threats were all the rage. There were TV shows, documentaries, and newspaper articles that were frequent, with discussions of UFO sightings, alien visitors, and the assessment of their threat. Hell, I use to watch TV shows on this sort of thing. One of them was called...."Strange Universe", I think. And there was the alien autopsy that was "leaked", that was pretty famous and there was even a documentary that exclusively talked about it. Spielberg was one of the people talked about it, and he marveled how lifelike it was if it was a fake. He went as far as said that he'd hire the people for special effects behind it if it was a fake. Well, a year or two later a team did manage to replicate the autopsy footage and thus proved that it was a fake.

I believe wholeheartedly that there is life in the universe, perhaps intelligent life we can somehow communicate with (if they want to bother "Communicating" with us instead of dismissing us as lower lifeforms not worth attemping to communicate with). Hell, even in our solar system there might be life in the form of microbes of even simple but multi-celular creatures. But I for one do not believe that we are frequently being visited by aliens and that they cross over into our daily lives while trying to keep their race a secret, such as abducting people, experimenting with cross breeding, and even infiltrating bases. This is all just sensationalistic nonsense stemming from 1950s science fiction. I'll believe in these alien visitors if we have any *CONCRETE* evidence. However, I believe that we may one day come into contact with aliens. If that happens, and if they have an interest in making a public visit, then it'll be a day that I would be exited but yet also dread. Some scientists, including Stephen Hawkins, fear that they may treat us as how early Eurpoean Settlers treated Native americans. For the sake of our species, I hope he's wrong but I can't deny the possibility of it occurring. And it doesn't help that humans don't exactly have the cleanest historical record even though we are also capable of great compassion and mercy. In alot of sci-fi stories we see Alien visitors coming to earth to either help us or destroy us. I think more likely than any of the other two will be neither, they'll just want to study earth and it's various life forms and either be on their way or stay for some time. Maybe even form a colony here (let's hope they don't fight us for the 'room'). But again I could be wrong and they'll either possess compassion so great that they'll want to help us by offering us great scientific knowledge and technology years ahead of our tech. Or they'll want to colonize on earth with no interest of sharing this planet with us, annihilate us without a second thought and be done with it. And maybe I'm being too pessimistic about our species but I am expecting at least one crazy religious leader to regard the alien visitors as demon invaders and try to gather enough followers to wage a merciless war with them.

Damn, I guess I put more of my thoughts here than I thought.

how can aliens not be real?? I can't believe people have to have this conversation. we are not the first, every culture has drawings or data on them dating thousands of years. who knows maybe all of us are human outside of this solar system. the chances are very high for intelligent life imo

how can aliens not be real?? I can't believe people have to have this conversation. we are not the first, every culture has drawings or data on them dating thousands of years. who knows maybe all of us are human outside of this solar system. the chances are very high for intelligent life imo

Oh, I do believe there exists alien life in the universe, maybe even intelligent. In fact, there could be life in our solar system (Especially on Mars and Satur's Moon Titan. Maybe even one of Jupiter's moons). But I do not believe in the nonsense stories of Aliens frequently visiting us in secret, that they cross over into our daily lives while trying to keep their race a secret, such as abducting people, experimenting with cross breeding, and even infiltrating bases. This is all just sensationalistic nonsense stemming from 1950s science fiction. I'll believe in these alien visitors if we have any real evidence.

Oh, I do believe there exists alien life in the universe, maybe even intelligent. In fact, there could be life in our solar system (Especially on Mars and Satur's Moon Titan. Maybe even one of Jupiter's moons). But I do not believe in the nonsense stories of Aliens frequently visiting us in secret, that they cross over into our daily lives while trying to keep their race a secret, such as abducting people, experimenting with cross breeding, and even infiltrating bases. This is all just sensationalistic nonsense stemming from 1950s science fiction. I'll believe in these alien visitors if we have any real evidence.

from the way I see it though, every day that goes by is just one more step towards finding them. who knows, in 15 years we could photograph a gigantic space station of some sorts, but keeping in mind its all in the past. they may look out at us and see nothing and then bam we're in their backyard because we figured out faster than light travel

The bolded stuff is just ridiculous, yes, but I don't think it's too farfetched to say that they might visit us in secret. We humans do the same thing to basically every animal on the planet when we try to inconspicuously intrude on their habitat and watch them go about their business.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I say aliens are not real I mean aliens that visit Earth, not the possibility of other intelligent life in the Universe.

Also, drawing and data? Weird drawings I have heard of, but what data are you referring to exactly? Anyway to say that something like this is proof of the existence of aliens that have visited Earth, is like saying that the Iliad and Odyssey is proof of the existence of giants, cyclops, Medusa, etc.

from the way I see it though, every day that goes by is just one more step towards finding them. who knows, in 15 years we could photograph a gigantic space station of some sorts, but keeping in mind its all in the past. they may look out at us and see nothing and then bam we're in their backyard because we figured out faster than light travel

No, the way I see it, the more time passes the more I'm convinced that we are either currently the most advanced technological civilisation in the galaxy, or the only technological civilisation in the galaxy.
In other words what I'm thinking about is the Fermi paradox.
Also how Ray Kurzweil put it: "Somebody has to be the first, so why not us?"

The bolded stuff is just ridiculous, yes, but I don't think it's too far fetched to say that they might visit us in secret. We humans do the same thing to basically every animal on the planet when we try to inconspicuously intrude on their habitat and watch them go about their business.

If an alien civilisation millions of years more advanced than us, was visiting us in secret and didn't want to be detected, chances are they would remain undetected. However just the possibility of this happening is not enough to prove that it is actually happening.

If an alien civilisation millions of years more advanced than us, was visiting us in secret and didn't want to be detected, chances are they would remain undetected. However just the possibility of this happening is not enough to prove that it is actually happening.
I'm not so sure. To use the humans-viewing-animals example again, we're millions of years more technologically advanced than them, yet they still know when we go and set up video cameras or try to sneak around in submersibles or the darkness. Some birds, for example, have specific calls for human intruders, alerting not only other birds, but various mammals and other co-existing creatures to our presences. And technological advancement does not allow a species to venture into the impossible - for all we know, things like real invisiblity cloaking could be impossible, forcing alien ships to be visible in some way at some times. And since visiting aliens would be millions of years ahead of us, they would really not have much to fear over being detected in the first place. They already disarmed our nukes, what can we do to them now? :p

And technological advancement does not allow a species to venture into the impossible - for all we know, things like real invisiblity cloaking could be impossible, forcing alien ships to be visible in some way at some times

Actually, prototype materials that can bend light around them have already been made in the lab. So if we are already starting to slowly turn real invisibility into a reality, a civilisation millions of years more advanced would be impossible to detect by any of our instruments.

And since visiting aliens would be millions of years ahead of us, they would really not have much to fear over being detected in the first place.

Alright so where's the proof? If you're going to say "government is hiding it" I'm going to facepalm my head off.

They already disarmed our nukes, what can we do to them now? :p

No, actually they didn't disarm anything. Like I said before, the eyewitness accounts of a few former air force guys is nowhere near enough.

WHERE ARE MY ALENS
They were supposed to be here by now! I have to go to church now, but when I get back you better tell me what you saw.

hey weren't you from bm:s? How's that coming along.

btw I stole your alens.

We're all going to die and you're all still fat

this approaches absolute truism that it threatens to rip a hole in the space-time continuum

Back