Amy Winehouse. Dead at 27.

You know what we could probably do? Just throwing this out here. We could talk about the Oslo deaths in the Oslo thread and Amy Winehouse in this one?

Whatever you think, clearly people regard this as a significant event. Not that one should overshadow another but they're entirely seperate things. I don't see why people who do care / are interested in her death should suddenly not give a shit because a tragedy happened elsewhere.

Multi-tasking, guys.

People on this forum remember me of Walter White. Two commercial jet planes crash in mid-air and Walter White just starts talking about how lucky the planes were not full then starting to compare other, more terrible plane crashes. Yeah people on this forum would come off as the Walter White as normal people say "who the f is this guy"?

People on this forum are not even talking about the high speed train that de-railed in China. You folks just might say population control or something.

I am sorry but I dont feel much empathy for a woman who literally basked in a unhealthy lifestyle and even boasted it whit its drug consumption that especially interfeered whit her performances

They try to make me go to rehab, I say a no no-hngggggg.

i may as well not bother reading your posts, news or threads here, because i just see it on facebook word-for-word an hour before :p

i may as well not bother reading your posts, news or threads here, because i just see it on facebook word-for-word an hour before :p
Haha that was my exact thought when I saw it. Although I'm not sure he came up with it, since other totally unconnected people on my FB were also posting it and ZT has a penchant for facebook whoring with these sorts of relevant one-liners a little bit <3

Another musician lost before their time, I suppose.

Terrible waste of talent and life. Not liking all these Pete Doherty comments either. You'd rather someone who actually goes to rehab and tries to kick drugs constantly die instead of Winehouse who has made a lot less of an effort?

It must be hard work up there on your golden pedestals, dictating who deserves to die, guys.

Getting your nickers in a twist over this is just as high up on the golden pedestal equation; as if you gave a Hong Kong Phooey about either of those two before this thread showed up.

Getting your nickers in a twist over this is just as high up on the golden pedestal equation; as if you gave a Hong Kong Phooey about either of those two before this thread showed up.

I'm not going to pretend I loved all of Amy Winehouse's work or anything but I'd be lying if I said I thought she wasn't a talented singer.

As for not giving a "Hong Kong Phooey" about either of them before this thread, the whole reason I started a band of my own and became a musician was because of The Libertines who were fronted by Pete Doherty.

I even met him at a Babyshambles gig and everything people said about him crumbled for me. He was a sweet, shy man who gave my friend his guitar (but a bouncer took it back off him >:[ ) and spoke to us like we were on his level. He was lovely.

Pete is a fantastic musician, in my eyes. It is a horrible shame he got himself into drugs, I've always been anti-drugs since I know people personally who've either ruined their lives/died from them. I'm not a hardcore 'no drugs' advocate but I myself just won't touch any of it. The only thing I do do is drink and even then, not excessively.

I just think wishing death upon people willy-nilly makes you a dick. Especially somebody you don't even know.

So yeah. I did give a Hong Kong Phooey before this thread, ta. (Y)

Yeah, what's with all the Doherty hate in here? He's a great musician, and it's not like drug abuse is new to the music industry. Why aren't people pissing on Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon and Jimmy Page for being heroin addicts back in the day? Pete isn't worse than any of them, it's just that the tabloids are even more abhorrent in their "reporting" than they were back them, so people see it more.

Yeah, what's with all the Doherty hate in here? He's a great musician, and it's not like drug abuse is new to the music industry. Why aren't people pissing on Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon and Jimmy Page for being heroin addicts back in the day? Pete isn't worse than any of them, it's just that the tabloids are even more abhorrent in their "reporting" than they were back them, so people see it more.

Couldn't agree more with this. The only reason Doherty had it reported in the news originally was because it was the reason The Libertines split at the height of their popularity and fame. The media was all over it like a rash. Now for some reason for every conviction he gets, Tabloids do the "Omg dirty smelly crackhead" routine.

People like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin spent most of their careers blazed off their tits and nobody cared.

To be honest I was annoyed about all the media coverage her death received. I really don't think you should give that much attention to someone who did hardly any good in the world and f*cked their life up, and then killed themselves by overdosing. And I hadn't heard a thing about the Norway bombings because all I heard on the radio was f*cking Amy Winehouse.

Those three men were extremely talented musicians, and so deserved the respect despite their drug abuse. Pete Doherty isn't, he has about as much musical talent as a donkey, to me he is just a drug addict who can't sing.

Those three men were extremely talented musicians, and so deserved the respect despite their drug abuse. Pete Doherty isn't, he has about as much musical talent as a donkey, to me he is just a drug addict who can't sing.

Cool. Lemme know who else is and isn't a musician so I can tell them to die.

Nothing is ever black and white is it.

Strange how so many celebrities are dying through unnatural causes, makes you wonder the true value of these people.

I did a three day bender (continually drunk) this weekend and with Amy Whinehouse in the news I was worried I might get alcohol withdrawal and so tapered off. I had a can at 11am the next day, then a glass of wine at 1pm then a tiny sip of cider at 3pm. I felt ****ing awful all day and had the worse nights sleep, thought I was dying of alcohol withdrawal. Turns out I've just got a cold as I feel the same 48hours later and now getting a temperature etc. ****ing sucks, but I was so scared promised myself I would never go mental again, yet turns out I was just deliriously ill.

Saying that alcohol withdrawl can be very dangerous. My housemate once woke up in the middle of the night and a big session the day after and started jumping around his room. I went in and he was crouched on his dressing table half naked thinking there was something on the floor.

I did a three day bender (continually drunk) this weekend and with Amy Whinehouse in the news I was worried I might get alcohol withdrawal and so tapered off. I had a can at 11am the next day, then a glass of wine at 1pm then a tiny sip of cider at 3pm.

What willpower!

The UK seems to be taking it a bit too seriously.

I find it almost hilarious when she was reportedly found dead in her room with no wounds or signs of struggle, and everyone was like ''hmm, we dont know how she died...''

Oh come on. Do we need to frigging spell it out to you?

Yes its a tragic loss...somehow...not to the music industry or anything...but nobody in the world who has heard of her can claim they were shocked to hear she had died by a blatant overdose/alcohol poisoning or withdrawl. I mean, there's only so much the body can take.

I've never liked Amy Winehouse, thought she looked weird and the fact that she was into drugs big time, drank far too much and didnt like her music put me off her from day one, but still, at 27 it's such a waste.

Back