Amy Winehouse. Dead at 27.

Stylo

The Freeman
Reaction score
So, yeah. Breaking news and shizz.

Full article here.

Miss Winehouse, who came to fame with her debut album Frank in 2003, was found at her flat in north London this afternoon, the Metropolitan Police have confirmed.
They say that they received a call at 4.05pm calling for help for a woman in Camden. Paramedics were called to the scene, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

The death is "unexplained" but not thought to be suspicious, according to police. Sources have told the Sunday Mirror that an overdose of drink and drugs is the suspected cause of death.

Last month, Miss Winehouse cancelled her entire European tour, after an on-stage breakdown in Serbia. A statement on her website said "Amy Winehouse is withdrawing from all scheduled performances. Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen."

Friends of the singer had reportedly voiced fears that she was drinking herself to death, according to the Sun. They said: "Her drinking is totally out of control. Amy is constantly out of control on vodka.

So, who isn't surprised? I bet there are people everywhere who had her in the dead pool.

Drinking and drugs, man. S'why I'll never go that way.

Still a shame. Talented gal, powerful voice. She's now joined the 27 club.

She did say she never wanted to go to rehab in one of her songs. Oh well...

Losing your septum doesn't help you life expectancy much. Dirty coke-head.

We tried to make you go to rehab, you said no, no, no.

I really do like that Rehab song though.

Shame it wasn't that **** Pete Doherty instead.

Unsurprising. Still sad to see someone die so young, especially when its (possibly) drug/alcohol related.

I wont forget that time when I saw a performance of her singing rehab while drugged and was singing so badly and shaking I just couldnt hold my laugh

She was a sad pathetic creature and it's sad to see her (or anyone) go... but what really gets me about all this is how every goddamn news channel / site out there suddenly is far more concerned with the passing of a self-destructive drug addict than they are with the largest shooting rampage in recent history where a gunman slaughtered 80 Norwegian children in cold blood.

What a ****ing shame.
She had a great sound, despite how horrid her personal life was.

Yeah oddly enough my first reaction was shocked (not incredibly shocked) and then sadness. You had that Jackass star die and tbh, I was grateful he didn't take anybody with him. With her, I wished that she would make a comeback after a decade or so. You have some stars like Robert Downey Jr who messed their lives up with drugs and alcohol and it happens all the time in entertainment. However you want to see people succeed and beat their addiction then come back in a big way. I think this is what ultimately broke her:

[video=youtube_share;6c2t-51X1gM]http://youtu.be/6c2t-51X1gM[/video]

To go from a 6 time Grammy Award winner, and multiple other awards, to a hopeless alcoholic in rehab has to destroy your self esteem. RIP Amy Winehouse. :(

I don't know who she is.

This thing.
E4B71.jpg

That image of her was when she was at her worst. There are far better pictures of Winehouse that were taken before she began her downward spiral. Let's not be unfair.

That image of her was when she was at her worst. There are far better pictures of Winehouse that were taken before she began her downward spiral. Let's not be unfair.

So? That's what she is representative of now, she used to be quite a fox, but that isn't the point.

mBStx.jpg

So? That's what she is representative of now, she used to be quite a fox, but that isn't the point.

mBStx.jpg

It would've been better if you had posted this side-by-side comparison in the first place instead of the image you had used before. You only showed her at her worst when she actually went through many phases in her life.

It would've been better if you had posted this side-by-side comparison in the first place instead of the image you had used before. You only showed her at her worst when she actually went through many phases in her life.

Not like I would have recognized her either way. At least with ZT's image I didn't have to really feel bad for her, because it got straight to the point and showed how ****ed up she got herself.

mBStx.jpg

and dam,she was a nice looking woman before drugs

Wow, you people are dicks.
But, it's HL2net... I expect nothing different.

Wow, you people are dicks.

*Hl2.net makes puns about child being ran over by a car or something equally horrible*
*Lucid Joins In*

*Hl2.net mocks the death of Amy Winehouse*
Lucid: "NOW WAIT JUST A GODDAMN MINUTE."

Yeah oddly enough my first reaction was shocked (not incredibly shocked) and then sadness.

Oh I was shocked.

That this generated more news coverage and facebook traffic than getting on for 100 dead Norwegians.

Unfortuneate? Yes. Unexpected? No. Worthy of more coverage than one of the most serious terrorist attacks in Western Europe? Everyone else sure seems to think so.

Another musician lost before their time, I suppose.

Terrible waste of talent and life. Not liking all these Pete Doherty comments either. You'd rather someone who actually goes to rehab and tries to kick drugs constantly die instead of Winehouse who has made a lot less of an effort?

It must be hard work up there on your golden pedestals, dictating who deserves to die, guys.

*Hl2.net makes puns about child being ran over by a car or something equally horrible*
*Lucid Joins In*

*Hl2.net mocks the death of Amy Winehouse*
Lucid: "NOW WAIT JUST A GODDAMN MINUTE."

Well, the difference here is I kind of liked her music. :(
Kids being run over doesn't have a very pleasant sound.

To be fair there's a difference between "I guess he was feeling a little run down" and "I'm actually, sincerely glad she's dead."

But yeah I don't give a ****.

You'd rather someone who actually goes to rehab and tries to kick drugs constantly die instead of Winehouse who has made a lot less of an effort?

Yes, I would rather he constantly die.

(Haha just kidding who's Pete Doherty.)

Not like I would have recognized her either way. At least with ZT's image I didn't have to really feel bad for her, because it got straight to the point and showed how ****ed up she got herself.

I understand, but the side-by-side comparison that ZT posted later would've also gotten straight to the point. I just thought it would've been more appropriate to show how Winehouse looked before she messed up her life with drugs and alcohol. She was a different woman back then, but something changed. She was physically attractive and healthy before she made a few stupid decisions that ultimately took her life.

Sure, making a joke about death or injury is fine, but anyone who is actually glad that someone--a real human being--has died has something wrong with their moral bearing. Especially if it were someone who led such a troubled life as Amy Winehouse. People like that, who had such talent, but so many problems, deserve sympathy no matter who they are.

(indignant rage about this event overshadowing the Oslo shooting)

No one cares about this woman. Moving on.

I can only conjecture, but I doubt anybody here is sincerely glad someone died. I for one dont really care. From the sounds of it, it was her own damn fault, so that makes it hard for me to be upset at all really. Add on top of it the fact that I didn't know about her at all until this thread, and you've got a whole lot of apathy from me. Would I have prevented it if I was magically given the chance to? Of course. But asking me to feel bad about some stranger who let themselves die is a bit of a stretch.

And for the record, I've felt this way about pretty much any celebrity who died from drug overdoses or alcohol. Except maybe Heath Ledger.

She lasted longer than I thought she would. It was inevitable.

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=34f_1311459924[/video]

Back