Anti-Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.
marksmanHL2 :) said:
I understand what you're saying Mullinator but its imposible not to get involved for me.... I can't stand the idea of standing idle by the sidelines while a country subjects itself to another four years of mistakes....
heh, I just realized that the US is basically one of if not the only country in the world where its democratic politics are basically not a private affair. Only Canadians care about Canadian politics, only Mexicans care about Mexican politics, only Japanese care about Japanese politics. However when it comes to US politics everyone cares and wants to have a say. Personally I think that is one major problem, it just can't work that way.

The Mullinator said:
heh, I just realized that the US is basically one of if not the only country in the world where its democratic politics are basically not a private affair. Only Canadians care about Canadian politics, only Mexicans care about Mexican politics, only Japanese care about Japanese politics. However when it comes to US politics everyone cares and wants to have a say. Personally I think that is one major problem, it just can't work that way.
the reason should be obvious.

Absinthe said:
I could handle the results of this election a lot better if conservatives didn't feel the urge to prance around like ponies and act like jackasses, smirking at any liberal that previously disagreed with then. Then again, I guess many liberals would be doing the same had Kerry won.

But this election only shows me how effective the Bush admin has become at brainwashing its citizens, and how hopeless and ignorant so many Americans are.

At least we can look forward to assassination attempts.

^^^

(I'm not sure wether or not I'm joking when I say that)

why do people keep saying americans are brainwashed? it really bugs me as so many other people in the world are just as easily swayed by some charismatic person, fact is people voted for Bush because they wanted to, not because they were brainwashed, americans aren't ignorant and easily led

Icarusintel said:
why do people keep saying americans are brainwashed? it really bugs me as so many other people in the world are just as easily swayed by some charismatic person, fact is people voted for Bush because they wanted to, not because they were brainwashed, americans aren't ignorant and easily led

Many people say that Americans are easily brainwashed... but the fact is people are easily brainwashed.

Its not restricted to America.

Some people seem to like to think it is. But it isnt, thats a fact.

I can not logicaly explain why people voted for Bush.... thats what worries me.

I cant think of one good reason to vote for him. :(

Icarusintel said:

Oh how wrong you are.

othello said:
you anti-bush fools spewing out your ill-derived hatred are so completely and superciliously ignorant, its absurd. bush has been a great president and we are fortunate he was re-elected. i'm so glad that the majority of the american people haven't bought into the ingorant bullshit being spoonfed by our liberal media and dumbasses like michael moore. my faith is restored in the general public... somewhat.

Amen bruddah! Looks like Bush is NOT a one-term president, as so many bumper stickers said. Woot!

Icarusintel said:
americans aren't ignorant and easily led
that's just an opinion. it's not a wrote fact that americans, in general, are either. i am of the opinion that anyone who voted for bush was 1) too stupid or lazy to understand what was happening ("kerry flip-flops!") 2) convinced that jesus is lord and voted for bush because he's an evangelical like them ("i hate gays", etc.).

it's just an opinion.

K e r b e r o s said:
Im not a zombie. If Bush does something wrong, I hold it against him.

Im not sure of some forum members have'nt got it, but one thing I do hold against Bush, is he invaded a country on illegal grounds. He also, has'nt found Weapons of Mass Destruction.

I dont care what other people say, if one of our candidates does something wrong, I wont forget it.

yet neither one of those are true. the invasion of iraq coincided directly with U.S. policy, and WMD's have most certainly been found.

i hold against bush his educational reforms and that he allows illegal immigrants to hold jobs legally.

Lil' Timmy said:
that's just an opinion. it's not a wrote fact that americans, in general, are either. i am of the opinion that anyone who voted for bush was 1) too stupid or lazy to understand what was happening ("kerry flip-flops!") 2) convinced that jesus is lord and voted for bush because he's an evangelical like them ("i hate gays", etc.).

it's just an opinion.
Or they were pissed off at the rest of the world telling them Americans are idiots.

othello said:
yet neither one of those are true. the invasion of iraq coincided directly with U.S. policy, and WMD's have most certainly been found.
i hold against bush his educational reforms and that he allows illegal immigrants to hold jobs legally.

Say again?

We use the term brainwash like its something only stupid people can get. It's not.
Everyone at some point gets "brainwashed" I for one have been watching the TV, seen an ad for a mars bar and gone to the fridge to get one.
Before even seeing HL2 I bet a good many of us who had heard about it were already 'sure' it was going to be a great game. Even though we didn't really know.
Ever gone to a stand up comedy nyt, the guys told a joke that you didn't get, or find funny, but cuz every1 laughs, you laugh too.

America has a very strong media prescence, and perhaps (although this is a guess) less restrictions on certain elements of them.
Any one who watches TV will get 'brainwashed' in some way.

Now I'm off to wash my hair in pantene pro-V, eat a Mars bar, say no to drugs and watch the latest top great film.

THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING America. I'm NOT American but we, everybody AROUND THE WORLD is watching AMERICA. IF the WORLD was allowed to VOTE, John Kerry would definitely had WON coz the WORLD HATES BUSH. No offence but thats a FACT.
- World didn't support Iraq war, no WMDs to be found.
- American people demonstrated in D.C. & NYC & L.A.
- Whole world critisized Bush.
- Even Fahrenheit 9/11 was a blockbuster film.

Then, WTF are American people upto, in my country more than half of the populace HATES america, but I don't hate America, I hate Republicans, the one's representing & driving america. I try to convince people that Govt. is not representing people. People are not Blood, Oil thirsty. they are curteous, generous etc. Yes, Bush secured American people BUT at the cost of innocent Iraqi & Afghanistani people, the biggest PROOF? Watch Al Jazeera or Fahrenheit 9/11

But still, now Bush retains his post. I'm just hoping that he might change his policies. come on plzzzzz Bush, don't let world hate america. My friends bash me for my favor for US.
Shame on ME

othelle, are you trying to be sarcastic. I don't follow. I'm assuming you DO know that WMD have NOT been found.

The Mullinator said:
Or they were pissed off at the rest of the world telling them Americans are idiots.
and they decided to prove them right in the name of spite? i wouldn't put it past 'my fellow' americans.

Lil' Timmy said:
and they decided to prove them right in the name of spite? i wouldn't put it past 'my fellow' americans.
Human beings are not logical creatures. Everyone here should know that by now.

TerminatorT850 said:
THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING America. I'm NOT American but we, everybody AROUND THE WORLD is watching AMERICA. IF the WORLD was allowed to VOTE, John Kerry would definitely had WON coz the WORLD HATES BUSH. No offence but thats a FACT.

Quoted for emphasis

well im canadian.. all i gotta say is this ... kerry is a amazing person who could have changed your guy's country around. Bush is the most ****ing stupid person i have ever read about. He scares me beacuase he has no idea wtf he is doin. thats all im going to say because i am soo pissed off right now. but wahtever.. ehhh?

PEACE

Mike

TerminatorT850 said:
Yes and if people from the US were allowed to vote in elections for other much smaller countries then do you think the elected leader would support American interests or their own countries interests more?

It has been brouht up in world politics before. The serious issue of the rest of the world voting in the American elections because of the impact they have on the world.

I disagree with it, to an extent. Voting for president is down to the American ppl, it's their right. However when it comes to things that affect us all; environmental policy, war etc, I believe we ALL have a right to express our views and vote for what happens.

Applicable to all countries with crappy environmental policies who start wars.

@burner: that is what usually the UN does, voting for such things. Because I as a non-american (with a green-card but no voting right) am not allowed to vote your president. It would not be fair. It's the american president, not the world president.

Too bad Bush has chosen not to work together with the UN but against it, the UN being the overall ruling party for world-wide decisions.

Can't vote? Don't whine.

Didn't vote? Don't whine.

Didn't get what you wanted? Don't whine.

If you hold an opinion that strongly, go do something about it, the internet is hardley the place for

BUSH TEH SUX!!!! OMG HE INVADED IRAQ

or

KERRY FLIP FLOPS OMG HED LET IN TERR0RISTS

Just accept the bloody result.

othello said:

where's your proof? NOTHING has been found ..besides a few spent shells that may or not have been able to carry wmd ..but those were rusty piles of junk sitting for almost a decade in a warehouse

ComradeBadger said:
Can't vote? Don't whine.

If you hold an opinion that strongly, go do something about it, the internet is hardley the place for

or

I for one will NOT accept the bloody result

I for one WILL do something about it

I WILL continue to protest the illegal invasion and occupation of iraq and state terrorism

the more people become aware the more people who resist state sponsored terror

burner69 quotes "I don't know how to quote so I'll just do this:
"I disagree with it, to an extent. Voting for president is down to the American ppl, it's their right"
Prone said just after, and I quote: "It would not be fair. It's the american president, not the world president."

But yeah, I should have mentioned the UN. Not that the UN matters to Bush.

Btw I never thort I'd have a good political debate on a half life 2 website.

PS halflife2 will be mint :D

I for one will NOT accept the bloody result

I for one WILL do something about it

I WILL continue to protest the illegal invasion and occupation of iraq and state terrorism

the more people become aware the more people who resist state sponsored terror

So, then you became a citizen of Canada?

...good job! :thumbs:

I'm ill. I don't know how I'm going to live through 4 more years of this. It's only going to get worse. Look out world, Bush is staying and he has nothing to lose. Time to build my bunker. Maybe I'll hibernate.

K e r b e r o s said:
So, then you became a citizen of Canada?

...good job! :thumbs:

you have this uncanny ability to make little to no sense

CptStern; well done to you sir. I was about to post something similar but without the links.

I can't believe I'm in a forum having a serious discussion over whether or not iraq had WMDs.

Perhaps now I understand how the hell Bush got back in.

Why are (51% of) Americans like men?
They like Bush.

you have this uncanny ability to make little to no sense

<As he replies in english back to the American>

What? I dont make sense when I say something you dont like? Yea, egomanical freak. Thats the term I was looking for.

Your not the brightest tack in the box, are you?

K e r b e r o s said:
<As he replies in english back to the American>

What? I dont make sense when I say something you dont like? Yea, egomanical freak. Thats the term I was looking for.

Your not the brightest tack in the box, are you?

ah kerberos on my weakest day I make you look like you're borderline retarded. You also have this uncanny ability to lose every debate we've had :)

ah kerberos on my weakest day I make you look like you're borderline retarded. You also have this uncanny ability to lose every debate we've had

Simple hearsay. Your only declaring this because I intimidate you--even with borderline retardation.

CptStern, go back to what you do best. (Make threads about how horrible America is! Fun threads, for everyone!)

K e r b e r o s said:
Simple hearsay. Your only declaring this because I intimidate you--even with borderline retardation.

LOL!!!! best laugh I've had all day .....hehehehhe ...you intimidate me? bwahahahahahah ..I eat uber-patriots like you for breakfast

K e r b e r o s said:
CptStern, go back to what you do best. (Make threads about how horrible America is! Fun threads, for everyone!)

ok :E

ComradeBadger said:
Can't vote? Don't whine.

or

I think that's exactly the wrong way to go about it myself. The whole point in a democracy is that people can speak out with their thoughts and contest and moan about their leaders. American's have a right to moan in my opinion.

I don't particularly like the American electoral system, I think it's rather silly myself, because American's don't actually vote for the candidate they want, they vote for who they want their state to vote for. If for instance Bush win's by a small majority in a state then all the people who voted for Kerry are forgotten about and their votes mean nothing (as happend with George Bush and Al Gore in Florida in 2000). Which I don't really agree with.

Also it is a fact that a lot of American's are uneducated in world affairs, George W. Bush speaks "American" or more to the point "Southern American" and that's all they seem to care about, to hell with all the screw up's he's made with foreign policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back