Anyone as exited for portal 2 as I am?

JCgroves

Reaction score
I mean, portal 2 was pretty good, but i think it could have gone on a little longer. Portal 2, Seems like it will top portal 1, 100%. I mean, the idea of haveing one personality sphere, that dosent sound robotic, seems appealing to me, Kinda lightens up the mood you know? Cant wait for the arrival, Also, It might just be me, but i think its kinda lame how she magiclly puts herself back together. I mean, There would be no Portal 2 without G.l.a.d.o.s but like come on, I dont recall there being magnets on her.

Tell me what you think!

I think I should probably get around to finishing the 1st one myself rather than watching a friend speed through it.

I too am exited for Portal 2. Ironically I'm usually not much into puzzle games but there was something about Portal that I enjoyed. I think what appealed to me the most was the Portal Mechanics. Being big into Science Fiction, Wormholes (and the usage of Wormhole Technology in Science Fiction) have always fascinated me, and the Portals in Portal are much like digital wormholes. Of course, Portals have been used in other games before but Portal was the first game I've played that allowed you to open up portals yourself as much as you liked (well, there was the Wrench Portal mod for Prey that allowed you to open portals). There have been times I would load up Portal, go to my favorite test chamber, and just mess with the Portal gun.

Watching those E3 videos was painful knowing it's not coming out for some time.

Also, It might just be me, but i think its kinda lame how she magiclly puts herself back together. I mean, There would be no Portal 2 without G.l.a.d.o.s but like come on, I dont recall there being magnets on her.

I'm wondering if someone (one of Aperture's many robots) has been working on her during the past 100 years. At the end of Portal 1 she was in pieces across the parking lot. Now she's hanging from the ceiling again.

Excited as friggin' hell! The game looks beautiful, love the abandoned/destroyed setting, though most of the footage is probably placeholders to show of the new dynamics. At the moment I'm really interested to see how that room/apartment in the trailer (0:40) fits in the game, as well as Wheatly and everything else that is new. Yeah, super stoked! :D

HELL YES. I can't wait for Portal2

blank.gif

Portal 2 looks far more challenging than the first one, but that also makes it more entertaining. The paint features in the game already have me drooling.

No, whats to be excited for. The game isn't being released until late fall 2011.

Watching those E3 videos was painful knowing it's not coming out for some time.

I'm wondering if someone (one of Aperture's many robots) has been working on her during the past 100 years. At the end of Portal 1 she was in pieces across the parking lot. Now she's hanging from the ceiling again.

or there are a couple mechanical GLADOS units, but only one conciousness that was uploaded to the new unit

Yes, I am excited.

Sorry, I'm a dick. But misspellings just make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Yes, I am excited.

Sorry, I'm a dick. But misspellings just make me want to gouge my eyes out.

I was going to say something about that, too... I guess I knew someone was bound to notice that error soon enough.

I try not to get too excited for games that are a long way off. But I am certainly looking forward to it.

oh MAN I have allready preordered it! Maybe it will be in a package with Episode 3?

Portal 2...can't wait to play. It's 9th February 2011 right?

Yep. Unless Valve does something completely out-of-character and delays it.

Yep. Unless Valve does something completely out-of-character and delays it.
I don't think they've let a release date slip since HL2. Yes they've had release estimates slide a lot, but once a date was confirmed I think they've been on time. They learnt their lesson from the Sep 30th fiasco.

I think I should probably get around to finishing the 1st one myself rather than watching a friend speed through it.

ya but it'll take a while that game is tough portal 2 might be even harder haha!

I wasn't excited when Portal 2 was first announced, but every bit of info I've found about the the puzzle types, tech improvement, art direction and voice talent has made me eager to play the game

I agree, but I've tonned down my excitement abit by not looking at gameplay videos etc because I think I'll spoil too much of the experience for myself.

Portal 2....... YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS THIS IS DELICSIOUSE

fail spell

Can't wait to play it... and then get on with my friends to Co-op it. Even better if a whole bunch of us get together in a room - it's gonna be hilarious! (especially if someone brings some beers...)

Wheatley is going to ruin it for me.

I don't need my games to be dumbed down and I don't want to spend 3 hours going through a lame introduction where every aspect of the plot is explained; like they do in lame moves.

Wheatley is going to ruin it for me.

I don't need my games to be dumbed down and I don't want to spend 3 hours going through a lame introduction where every aspect of the plot is explained; like they do in lame moves.

Protip: Don't buy it; don't play it; don't spend your time whining on Valve-related forums about it.

No, no one is as excited as you are. The mood is pretty downbeat around here on the fan forum.

Back