Are you going to purchase COD4: MW2 :: The re-count

Are you going to buy COD4:MW2?

• Total voters
I was going to get it, then I saw the price and I was like what gives? Then I read the article on Activision's CEO being a total ****, so no. Not buying it.

Have a console copy of Modern Warfare 1 on PS3 AND 360, so I'm sure the same housemates are going to get the sequel. I'll play it that way.

I'll buy it when it is cheap and play the single player . The multiplayer doesn't really intrest me anyway, it's been the same thing since the first CoD, and that wasn't to different form allied assault.

Wait are you joking? That's for consoles right?

8v8 will probably be the player cap. Dedicated servers can run 32 players plus games easily. P2P connections can't. That is one of the reasons people are so angry about this whole IW.net thing.

Wait are you joking? That's for consoles right?

Not really, IW confirmed that 16 players is the highest you'll be able to fit onto a server. I doubt a locally hosted server can take more than that anyway.

This used to be one of my most anticipated games of the year. Screw Activision for killing it.

I'll get it for the Single Player, that's it. My pre-order means I won't be paying anymore than a standard PC game.

COD2 and COD4 never really had good mods, just skins and sound replacement mini-mini mods. The PC versions is going to be just 60 dollars? Big deal. Almost every new release is like that nowadays.

I'll be purchasing the Xbox 360 version, and I'm confident this will be the best online FPS for the Xbox... just like MW1. I really like also that it has Hans Zimmer (TDK, Batman Begins and Transformers 1 and 2) doing the score.

Hans Zimmer (TDK, Batman Begins and Transformers 1 and 2) doing the score.
You either think those are the only worthwhile movies for which he has made music, or that those are the only movies he's scored that we'd recognise.

Either way, it reveals a lot about your tastes/knowledge.

For the record: he scored, or collaborated the score on*, the Moonlighting series, Rain Man, Paperhouse, Driving Miss Daisy, Days of Thunder, Thelma and Louise, Backdraft, A League of Their Own, Cool Runnings, The Lion King, The Rock, As Good As it Gets, The Thin Red Line, The Prince of Egypt, Gladiator, The Road to El Dorado, Black Hawk Down, Hannibal, Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3, Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, Simpsons Movie, Frost Nixon, and, yes, the Batman and Transformer movies.

*Not a comprehensive list.

Sorry to derail.

nope
they've butchered the PC version
lost my business
gonna play Borderlands and L4D2 instead!

The PC versions is going to be just 60 dollars? Big deal. Almost every new release is like that nowadays.

haha_oh_wow.jpg

well if hl2.net is representative of...anything public (haha), they've lost 66% of their customers.

MW2 is only the third top seller on Steam, instead of the first. Granted, it's up against Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2, but still, this Kotick-spawned bullshit seems to be having an effect.

I was going to get it.

Now I'll just get something else.

There's over 150,000 names on that petition already.

http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html

Sure IW might not think much of it, but it is indicative of a general feeling amongst the PC gaming community.

Lets assume that 150K people don't rush out and buy it, but wait till its half price or on a Steam weekend, that's still a few million $ less than they were probably expecting, and probably enough to trim a few bonuses in the office.

There's over 150,000 names on that petition already.

http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html

Sure IW might not think much of it, but it is indicative of a general feeling amongst the PC gaming community.

Lets assume that 150K people don't rush out and buy it, but wait till its half price or on a Steam weekend, that's still a few million $ less than they were probably expecting, and probably enough to trim a few bonuses in the office.

I rarely sign these things but I'll sign this one.

I have never purchased a Call of Duty game. This one mildly interest me but I know I still won't buy it. I reckon I only buy about 5% of the games that interest me. Lack of dedicated servers makes it even less likely I'll buy it.

Likewise.

I have never purchased a Call of Duty game. This one mildly interest me but I know I still won't buy it. I reckon I only buy about 5% of the games that interest me. Lack of dedicated servers makes it even less likely I'll buy it.

CoD 1, 2 & 4:MW are all good games tbh dude. I recommend them, albeit CoD4:MW is only about 7 hours long. However unlike MW2 it does feature dedicated multi-player server support.

Oh yeah after this: -

http://twitter.com/IW_hyphen/status/5031626712

"Seriously, people, grow up. The stunts you people are pulling only hurts your case and gets you nowhere." IW_hyphen
William Cho

Developers DICE have spoken out in support of Dedicated servers:-

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2009/10/21/out-of-touch-infinity-ward-gets-rebuked-by-dice.aspx

Hehehe

You either think those are the only worthwhile movies for which he has made music, or that those are the only movies he's scored that we'd recognise.

I don't think I could be arsed to list all of that. :rolling:

Either way, it reveals a lot about your tastes/knowledge.

Good for you, I'm perfectly happy with my tastes in movies.

Whatever makes you happy.

I perfer the Xbox 360 version because my friends are console gamers. Maybe there is things that are in the PC version that are bugging gamers, so I wouldn't see it reguardless. In any event, we all know that PC games are becoming extinct (in terms of fanbases, etc.). :p

Whatever makes you happy. :p

What? That response makes no sense considering what i was saying. You are wrong. Its not a matter of what I like... very very few pc games are that expensive.

Modern Warfare was $50, Modern Warfare 2 is $60. There is zero justification for it.

"But it's a bigger, better game!" Okay. Name a sequel that jumped up $10 in price from its predecessor.

"But the development costs were huge, they need to recoup!" Yes, and they will do that by selling more copies. It's THE most hyped, most anticipated game of the year. It's pretty much guaranteed to sell more copies than COD4.

Raising the price only happens in two cases: 1) when the company is under threat of bankruptcy and needs to ensure they break even, or 2) when the company knows they can take advantage of the consumer base by charging more money while still selling the same or near-same number of units.

It's 60 USD, right?

If one wants the game and have been a fan of the previous - they will get it (lets say Battlefield 3 comes out, people will buy it, reguardless of price; Half-Life 2: Episode 3, if the game is as short as Episode One and costs 50 USD - people will buy it). I think you need to include the economy in this, aswell.

In my honest opinion, I didn't really like the PC versions because they had so many ****ing commands on the controls. A separate button for primary fire, separate button for alternate fire, separate button to zoom in, a separate button to melee, a separate button to crouch, a separate button to go prone, separate button to throw frag grenade, separate button to throw special grenade, separate buttons to strafe, etc. I can list a ton of other PC games that had more simplified functions.

Well I would confidently bet money that Episode 3 will not be $50, so I don't really have to worry. Or are you not trying to make a point and are just stating random facts? Oh, and 'regardless of price', I hope you realize, means that they might charge into the thousands and people would still buy it.

No. Nor will i be purchasing it even if they re-added dedicated server and mod support.

I own all of the previous titles and i was a fan of the games.
But after reading a few articles regarding Robert Kotick, i will not be supporting this developer nor Activision anymore.
Call it childish, moronic...whatever. I find this kind of business practice and attitude towards its customers utterly disgusting.
It is becoming more and more frequent these days.
Crony capitalistic fat cats such as him, that have no background in game development or gaming whatsoever are what's wrong with this industry. Quantity over quality.

I'd rather support an independent developer, even if the game is shit.

Likewise.
I would sign it too, but I don't care anymore.

Being taken for every cent they can get is not the great business model that they think it is.

For example, I bought hundreds of DVDs, brand new, at $5 or less. I was buying 20 or 30 a week at one point, but I bought none at a higher price. Not even $2 more.

I'd rather support an independent developer, even if the game is shit.

I pay full price for open, half-eaten chocolate bars. No wait, I don't. That's ridiculous.

It's 60 USD, right?

If one wants the game and have been a fan of the previous - they will get it (lets say Battlefield 3 comes out, people will buy it, reguardless of price; Half-Life 2: Episode 3, if the game is as short as Episode One and costs 50 USD - people will buy it). I think you need to include the economy in this, aswell.
Well that's kind of my point. It's the company saying "You know, we could make more money if we charge more. People will still buy it." They're not doing it for any other reason. They're not doing it because they're going to go bankrupt if they don't. They're not doing it because of the economy (if that were the case, all games would be $60 now). They're doing it for money and nothing else. And that shows contempt for the consumer base.

Valve didn't charge $50 for Episode 1 because it wasn't a full game. And they charged $50 for HL2 because they knew tacking on a "next-gen premium" is a stupid, short-sighted thing to do. This is because they respect their consumer base.

I would sign it too, but I don't care anymore.

Being taken for every cent they can get is not the great business model that they think it is.

Its more for stiffing the people who want to play dedicated servers that I signed for. Personally I doubt I'll have the time for it myself, but a lot of people were looking forward to that, and now they've been gimped.

Was planning on buying it eventually and now I'm not so sure.
I'll wait for about a year and see what happens to it.

I'd suggest they televise themselves punching themselves in the face, getting fired/retiring, or taking turns kicking each other in the balls, in order to rectify the situation.

GreatEmperor, I sense a great pre-tension in you.

You're the kind of guy who'd bring a Lute to a death metal jam and expect it to work out.

Michael.jpg

Then again, that always isn't a bad thing.

Your little stories and cultural references are kind of endearing dont ask me about why

meh..suckers..

I'll be going to India to buy it, at 900 RS (should be that for new games), and thats like 20 US Dollars

Back