Armed Assault News from BIStudios

I have been playing it for a while and am really enjoying it. I was playing at 1024x768 on high and some mediums. It looked great and I was getting 60+ fps almost all the time. Still, even on lows looking into big groups of trees will slow the game down for me. It wasn't horrible but it is a little difficult to adjust.

I run on a Athlon64 3500+ and a geforce 7800gt and my fps on 1680x1050 (I have a widescreen lcd and that's the native resolution on it) with no AA and AF is 20 fps. It's playable but you'll notice the AI do some weird stuff because of the fewer cpu cycles I can dedicate to them.
I have a pretty much identical system and I can't run at that resolution without the game looking like operation flaspoint. Even raising it to 1280x1024 made my game run much slower

I think I am going to uninstall it (and starforce...lot of good it did) and wait for the US release. Between the ai fixes and preformance issues fixes from the latest patch, and it should be a much better game.

Hi guys, not sure if you know or not, but you can now download the German version of the game legally.

more info HERE

Is there a way to change the lang in-game to English ?

I believe all the spoken dialouge is in English to begin with, the only thing that you need to change would the the texts, which I know you can do with a download from armedassaultzone.com.

Is there a way to change the lang in-game to English ?

Theres a German to English mod.

Tempted to buy this myself, but I hear its not as good as the physical copy for some reason. ???

I speak german better then english so I don't mind,but will I play on US Server or German ones??

Well I finally tested the game out... Using my computer, on 'normal' settings except with aniscopic filtering turned to low, and antialiasing turned to normal... my game was running at a pathetic 7-11fps average. It generally went no higher than that, and dropped occasionally to 3 fps.

Raziaar: Did you upgrade to the patch 1.01? That increases performance quite a bit.

Also, there are quite a few performance tweaks which grealty help out performance out there on some ArmA community sites.

AAZ Gets A Chance To Meet BIS & 505 Games

That's right folks Armed-Assault-Zone.com is going to London next week to attend a special event and meet some of the people from BIS (the guys behind Armed Assault). There will also be 505 Games staff in attendance and a press release. Oh and did I forget to mention we are going to be one of the 1st to play test the UK version of Armed Assault.

As we are going to be chatting with the people who make this game possible, we thought it would be good idea to give the community a chance to put forward some questions they would like answered, we will choose the best of the bunch. We will have a full report on the event shortly after we get back.

Visit AAZ HERE to put your questions forward.

tell them to try harder next time.

what a waste of almost 50 bucks that was.

Yah this game needs alot of work before I even think of buying it!

Ok as promised here is the full report of the AAZ & BIS meeting from London.
The Article covers some key aspects of the game and we get some exclusive Q&A's with Markus Kurzawa (Armed Assault Designer) we also have some unseen screens of the new content that will be available in the 505 Games release.

Here's a small extract of the article:

Markus confirmed there would be new missions in the 505 release that will incorporate the new content. There will also be multiple new features and tweaks on existing content so that the game is given a full overhaul before release. One notable new feature is different armour values for tanks.
Real life weak spots on tanks will be brought into the new armour system. For instance, a shell or rocket into the join between the turret and chassis on a T72 will hit the ammo store causing the tank to burst into flames. On both M1A1 and T72 tanks, the rear of the tank will be more vulnerable among other specific hit zones.

Go check out Armed Assault Zone for the full article

Hi guys, just to let you know Armed-Assault-Zone has launched our 1st official public dedicated server and also a teamspeak server.

Sever name: Armed-Assault-Zone.com Dedicated
Server IP: 81.19.209.32:2302

We have a load of custom missions on the server so you have plenty of choice.

Hope to see you soon soldiers.

JD

arma_league1.jpg

Armed Assault Zone is proud to announce that we are starting an ArmA league.
Our Fully automated ladder ranking system is the best in the business and has a great interface and management system for squads.
We are going to have a mix of CTF, CO-OP, CTI and other game types, along with tournaments.

We will be opening the Arma League from the 24th of February and each season runs for 4 months, so make sure you get yourself signed up ASAP.

There will also be prizes for the top squads at the end of each season.
If you think your squad has what it takes to get to the top of the Armed Assault League, you can sign up HERE.​

Eurogamer has reviewed ArmA: 8/10.

Right now it's an essential purchase for anyone interested in war simulation or tired of the contrived drama that fills mainstream military shooters.

I'm worried I'll have to upgrade my computer before I can play. I tried the not so legit version for testing of performance, and it ran crappy. I un-installed it and will be waiting to buy the US release, but I'm concerned it'll run horrible on my computer bought in 2003 for half-life 2

I'm worried I'll have to upgrade my computer before I can play. I tried the not so legit version for testing of performance, and it ran crappy. I un-installed it and will be waiting to buy the US release, but I'm concerned it'll run horrible on my computer bought in 2003 for half-life 2

It does on mine and I did the same thing, bought my PC for HL2 that is.

That's what I don't get with games nowadays. I've turned all the video options in the demo down to minimum and it looks like similar to the 1st game, yet it still runs majorly sluggishly.

Same with Company of Heroes, with everything on low it still goes a little sluggish when looking at the horizon even though it looks like crap.

I'm gonna purchase it as soon as a few more patches has come out, have a few mates in OFPECs official chan that said that that's the best thing to do so.:)

I still don't own a TrackIR set, can't find a store in my country with one >_< But I really want one, both for my flight sim and race sim needs..

What what what! ?? Where have i been? is this operation flash point 2? Is this game out now?! WTF??!!?/?///...

No, this is Armed Assault, basically OFP1.5, a testing ground for SOME of the new technologies that are gonna be featured in 'OFP2'(Which will not be named OFP2 because Bohemia lost the rights to use the name, so it will probably be called something like "Armed Assault 2").

which should be released within this decade? maybe? perhaps? why didnt they just work on of2 from the offset instead of splitting their resources

Wouldnt mind the TrackIR thing myself. But at the moment I have no games that will use it afaik. And I aint buying it simply for Armed Assault. But looks like it does make games more immersive somewhat. Would be nice to see it used more in the future.

Not sure wether to pick Armed Assault up or not. Project Reality has got me hooked right now, and I still play css every now and then. How would it run on my system?
Amd Athlon 64 3700+ @2.5GHz
2x BFG 7800GT OC in sli
2gig ram

Reckon it'd run well?

It's already used quite alot, pretty much any modern sims support it, even older sims from the 90 do via fanpatches.

Oh btw, guys, a warning for you all buying ArmA, I have two mates reporting that ArmA refuses to run on their 8800GTXes with the latest drivers under WinXP.

Interesting, I ran the demo on my 8800gts just fine. I'll probably pick this game up when it is released in the US. I'm also stuck on Project Reality myself for the time being.

Does the english version use starforce? Does it still run like shit? Have the bugs like the unresponsive weapon selection screen when playing online been fixed?

As far as the 8800 problems, I have not heard of any problems and I know a few people who have the cards. And no the English version does not have starforce ;)

Nope, it uses Securom 7.:) Mate ran a program from GBW that identifies the protection on CDs.:)

Ah just starting to figure this one out. This is somewhat an unofficial sequal to flashpoint. All makes sence now.

Whats it like compared to flashpoint? Is it worth my hard earnt student lone?

Well, I played it over at a fellow sim-mates place, I'd say wait a while, it still seems pretty poorly optimized imo, and buggy.

Just got this.

Runs smooth as hell on the lower settings. I can still run it smoothly on higher texture res/object details, but I always like having very high fps all the time so I just keep it on low.

It seems there's only 2 islands though, is that right? It only lets you choose 2 from the mission editor anyway, and the 2nd one is really small.

There seem to be a few bugs such as AI drivers unable to follow simple waypoints, sometimes you have to stick it on 4x speed then wait/hope that they eventually start to move or do SOMETHING. I'm also on a mission where you have to destroy a convoy but the convoy has stopped half-way to the destination for no reason whatsoever.

I like the missons though. They're sometimes split into 3 parts and you can decide which part you want to play first by clicking an icon on the map. It gives you a little 3D preview of the mission you'll be carrying out. Nice addition.

It's only ?17:99 DELIVERED from here by the way (UK) - http://play.com/Games/PC/4-/3256709/ARMA_Armed_Assault/Product.html

I've heard they seemed to have spent their time modeling each blade of grass rather than improving on OpFlash. True?

Back