Armed Assault News from BIStudios

Yeah you could say thats its OFP 1.5, but TBH the DEVS have done a great job on it and included alot of the stuff they have planned for game 2 into Arma.

If you like OFP you will love Armed Assault.

I love OFP, I wish they'd rerelease it on a DVD with all the patches and expansions.

That's my only gripe with it, patching it up's a pain, and adding mods and stuff can be a bit tricky.

Is there any idea on when it might be released online or over steam?

No word has been given on the online situation yet, I think they are trying to secure a US publisher 1st.

The best video we have seen yet can be found HERE

Make sure you check it out.

That was pretty awesome.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this game, it seems that it's really under the radar in terms of hype.

Agreed.

Seriously want this game. All the semi recent updates have made me resintall operation flashpoint.

What a seriously aweshens game... :D

How many of you guys are getting the German version out at the end of this month?

I doubt I'll get it, suck at German, but IF they were to release an ArmA demo in German I'd definitely get it.:)
Btw, isn't the Czech version out already? Any reviews?:eek:

I don't speak a word of German, so I'll pass.

I don't speak a word of German, so I'll pass.

95% of the spoken language is english, only the intro's and cut scenes are German, the text will be German but this will be modded within the 1st week of release.

And there are no engilsh reviews as yet, only Czech.

95% of the spoken language is english, only the intro's and cut scenes are German, the text will be German but this will be modded within the 1st week of release.

And there are no engilsh reviews as yet, only Czech.

Meh, I'm not one for ordering things online anyways...
I'll still wait patiently for the English edition.

I enjoyed OFP, and this looks fun, albeit a bit dated.

Multiplayer was especially fun. there is nothing cooler than going around with a small squad of people through a hostile-infested map of gigantic proportions, its insane.

Can you actualy fly thoes jets? If so, there is a 200% chance of me getting this game, instead of just 100. :D

I really don't see why not, in standard OFP you could fly jets such as the A-10 Thunderbolt II too afterall.

Its got EVERYTHING I've ever wanted in a game. I will definatly get it as soon as it's released in the US. If it turns out to be delayed too long, then I'll just have to buy an English version online somewhere.

ongoing_war.jpg

Armed Assault Zone is proud to announce the release of OnGoing War.
The short film is produced by our very own AverageJoe and Rascal.

Check it out HERE

It was supposed to be released in Poland on 30.11, but it got delayed till 15.12. Still not sure if I will get it though, I've got a feeling it will be one of those games that run crap even on high end PC's (unless you're lucky).

EDIT: I wanted to see that "Ongoing war" video but I really don't know where to click to start the download on this page. There's an option to see full details, but it takes me to a page from which I've just been linked here.

@ Unfocused, make sure you can accept cookies.

TCfromBN, yes mate thats all ingame footage.

I dont get it ..the game is already released in some european markets ..why is it taking till next year to relase a NA version?

^ lol

I think we really need to all get this and have a massive HL2.net battle.

I torrented it, because I plan on buying it when it is released. Pissed off at the funky releases. However, it absolutely sucks on my computer performance wise, and even with the english patch I can't stand not getting the whole picture of missions since not everything is translated into english.

I'll wait until its released in north america and buy it... or if a better, fully working english patch comes out for the version I have.

raziaar do you still have the ati 9800pro? what settings do you have it on and fps please if you get a chance

I have it and although it looks absolutely fantastic it is rather sluggish for me.

I can live with it, and still have it looking amazing at 1024.

I have an x1600pro and a 64bit amd 3000, 1gb of ram.

raziaar do you still have the ati 9800pro? what settings do you have it on and fps please if you get a chance

I'm not going to be able to test it until way late tonight. I suppose I could test it.

I do still have the 9800 pro.

ya no problem ...it's not like Vista is shipping today ;)

although I've already secured my copy (legally and for free no less)

man you got a lot of longevity from that vid card

ya no problem ...it's not like Vista is shipping today ;)

although I've already secured my copy (legally and for free no less)

man you got a lot of longevity from that vid card

Back when Oblivion was released, my fan and heatsink crapped out... so I had to buy a better fan/heatsink to put on it. It's still kicking.

Heh. I've never had a graphics card fail completely and be unrepairable.

ya I just upgrade every other generation but none of my cards fail ..btw look at buying a EVGA video card next time ..they have lifetime warrenties and it doesnt matter if you overclock or not they'll still honour the warrenty

I've been playing it for a fair bit now and it's awesome.

A big BUT however. You'll need a very fancy graphics card and a high end cpu to even get any decent performance.

I run on a Athlon64 3500+ and a geforce 7800gt and my fps on 1680x1050 (I have a widescreen lcd and that's the native resolution on it) with no AA and AF is 20 fps. It's playable but you'll notice the AI do some weird stuff because of the fewer cpu cycles I can dedicate to them.

I'm thinking about upgrading the CPU to get some extra bang out of my card, but I doubt it'll help without a new motherboard and some faster ram.

I've been playing it for a fair bit now and it's awesome.

A big BUT however. You'll need a very fancy graphics card and a high end cpu to even get any decent performance.

I run on a Athlon64 3500+ and a geforce 7800gt and my fps on 1680x1050 (I have a widescreen lcd and that's the native resolution on it) with no AA and AF is 20 fps. It's playable but you'll notice the AI do some weird stuff because of the fewer cpu cycles I can dedicate to them.

I'm thinking about upgrading the CPU to get some extra bang out of my card, but I doubt it'll help without a new motherboard and some faster ram.

I'd definitely turn down your resolution first off, and that should speed the FPS back up to at least 40FPS. But thats about the same specs as me (minus the lcd monitor) so it sounds like the game should run decently on my machine.

Back