Bad Company 2 - Vietnam

Just played some maps and I gotta say, it's more fun than BF: BC2 itself! The way the maps are made is for close quarters fighting and there are no scopes. There was an iconic scene I remember of being on Vantage Point and we had to take this CP. I hopped in a boat and another guy did too and we laid down suppressive fire on the CP and I got my first Naval Combat award. Temple is a perfect map for the flamethrower. There are all these bamboo houses and people tend to group inside the houses. Well they are toasty once a flamethrower gets inside. Then more along in Temple there is a hillside of bamboo. The bamboo eventually get cut waist high due to all the weapon fire. Hill 937 or in the game Hill 137 is like D-Day with fox holes everywhere.

The graphics are perfect as I consider Frostbite 1.5 the very best of graphics and you don't need to go anymore so but BF3 will have Frostbite 2.0. They also added a film age effect over the game and it gives you the feeling you are in a Vietnam war film. In the distance you can see the classic Huey or Cobra helicopters coming.

Audio is pretty much spot on. American GI will say "kill that commy" and you know you have been spotted! The vehicles have 70's music playing and you can hear it outside as well. When your on the NVA side and your hear CCR "Fortunate Son" you better run away! Exact same for the Americans too yet the only vehicle I have seen the NVA use is boats and they have some Vietnamese music playing.

It's everything you wanted from Bad Company 2 and more so. It really does feel like a steal for $15.

I'm having a blast with Vietnam too. :D

Though I can't seem to get the music to play in the vehicles :(

The in-game music is so cool. I am glad they transfered that over from BF:V.

damn I haven't heard a single bit of in-game music wtf?!

is our BF steam page still up? be nice to game with some of you again

This is bad ass as hell. Well worth the fifteen dollars.

Just played about half an hour of it, gonna get back to it in a minute. I've been having a blast so far. I love how different it feels, and how intense the fighting can get. The few large open spaces are truly brutal to assault over and I love how 95% of the fighting is savage close quarters.

Also, the flamethrower is awesome, and so is the grenade launcher.

Was looking over my dog tags I accumulated and some guy I knifed 3 times. Shakermaker though, I got you like 2 times! Maybe I can go for a 3rd time in the Vietnam War era! :p B-Man I need you to accept my friend invite or somebody invite him to the BF group. It's closed invitation because it's a close knit group. I'm hool10 in-game as well.

Was looking over my dog tags I accumulated and some guy I knifed 3 times. Shakermaker though, I got you like 2 times! Maybe I can go for a 3rd time in the Vietnam War era! :p B-Man I need you to accept my friend invite or somebody invite him to the BF group. It's closed invitation because it's a close knit group. I'm hool10 in-game as well.

Oh you will, but it will take some time. It doesn't look like I will be getting a new PC soon.

Just realized that I can run the game now maxed out with 30+FPS constant. Game looks almost like Crysis. They optimized it far better than shitty looking/stuttering COD: Blops.

My specs are:
GPU: GForcce GTX 260
CPU: 2.40GHz Quad Core CPU
RAM: 2GB

This game looks WAAAY better than Black Ops on my new rig and I run both of them on max settings 1920x1200 with 60+ FPS.

I am ****ing loving Vietnam. Especially since I've just been dicking around playing Black Ops in the past month while waiting for this to come out and thank god I have been saved from that mediocre asshole of an FPS.

Ran into Tyguy on a server a bit ago, we played a few rounds and dropped each other a couple of times each :D

Hey, I'm trying to get into BFBC2 (I haven't played it since Beta) and I'm having this problem where the game won't find any servers or it'll put me in a server by myself or with one other person. Does anybody have any idea what this is or how I can fix it?

Don't click play it now. Go to the server browser and refresh.

Interesting notes:

Someone managed to mortar strike a helicopter.

And as I was in a heli, we went over the M-com and I dropped some dynamite. I detonated and got a kill. Badass.

Been playing this a good 4 hours now and altho its great fun it seems to be very unbalanced on the side of the defenders. Played on around 4 servers and pretty much every game bar 1 the defenders won on the first point.

Perhaps when people start knowing the maps a bit better this may change.

One of the maps is really hard to beat at the first point. The one with the hill in the middle and the first and third M-comm stations are at either side of the hill, Americans are defending. The first point on this map is just grenade spam at all the choke points. It's impossible to get to the M-comms without having a grenade land at your feet. The rest of the maps are fine on the games I;ve played though.

The problem with the server list is that it only gives me a History and Favorites tab.

select server browser from the top multiplayer menu, not the one on the side

Picked up Bad Company 2 in the Steam Sales

worth dropping the $15 on Vietnam right now? Yes/no

yeah I just got it to work a few minutes ago it's very fun.

Back