Batman: Arkham Origins

Reaction score
Hold on, give me a chance to pick my jaw off the keyboard.

I'll start off with saying: FIRST!

The next Arkham game is coming, and it's a prequel to the first two.

Here's the announcement screenie:

bao-1365519470.jpg

Here's the article: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/batman-arkham-origins-announced

I told you they'd find some excuse to bring Joker back. Also, they're bringing in Deathstroke. Whoever the **** that is.

Batman: Arkham Origins, people.

I imagine Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill is returning, yeah? At least I hope so.

It's being developed by Warner Brothers Montreal who worked on the Wii-U port of Arkham City, and pretty much nothing else of significance, so its hard to know how this is going to turn out.

I just hope that this one's taking place in Gotham.

I read somewhere that it is going to take place one night in Gotham City where Batman is hunted by eight different assassins. I am guessing Deathstroke is going to be one of those eight.

UPDATE

It's taking place in Gotham, (YESSSS) and it's not about Batman's beginning, it's about how he meets certain characters before BAA. I reeeaaally hope they don't mess this up without Rocksteady.

I really liked Batman: Assassin's Creed but I felt that with this big area and all these tools available to you, the game did a terrible job of giving the player any real choices. The missions were as follows: zip-glide to here, stealth kill a bunch of dudes (the only real choice scenario), do a gadget-based jumping puzzle, fight waves of dudes, fight a terribly easy boss. I hope in this one they really give you the freedom to be Batman rather than just the ability. Oh, and there needs to be a Bat-mobile or else it isn't Batman. I'll even settle for the bike.

I doubt Hamill would come back for Joker after retiring. He was pretty reluctant to do Arkham City, and I'd say he wont be coming back for this one.

It's being developed by Warner Brothers Montreal who worked on the Wii-U port of Arkham City, and pretty much nothing else of significance, so its hard to know how this is going to turn out.

There is one possible ray of hope in the change of developer:

Eric Holmes, lead designer of games including The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype, is heading up the project.
So while the actual missions might not be up to the caliber set by the first two games, messing around in the world should be a load of fun.

Edit: Although, it'll be interesting to see how he handles a game where destruction and carnage, and even killing, aren't really an option.

I doubt Hamill would come back for Joker after retiring. He was pretty reluctant to do Arkham City, and I'd say he wont be coming back for this one.

He's been saying this for years. He's never retired, and now he's going to be in the new Star Wars film.

I imagine Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill is returning, yeah? At least I hope so.
Mark Hamill has said the only way he's going to play the Joker again is for a film of The Killing Joke.

I really liked Batman: Assassin's Creed but I felt that with this big area and all these tools available to you, the game did a terrible job of giving the player any real choices. The missions were as follows: zip-glide to here, stealth kill a bunch of dudes (the only real choice scenario), do a gadget-based jumping puzzle, fight waves of dudes, fight a terribly easy boss. I hope in this one they really give you the freedom to be Batman rather than just the ability. Oh, and there needs to be a Bat-mobile or else it isn't Batman. I'll even settle for the bike.
You're on a Valve fan site. How can this be a complaint about a game when you're a member of a fansite by the guys who made Half-Life 2 and Portal?

Deathstroke the character that Deadpool was created as a rip off of. He was also the main villain in the Teen Titans cartoon.

You're on a Valve fan site. How can this be a complaint about a game when you're a member of a fansite by the guys who made Half-Life 2 and Portal?

Sorry for comparing the game to Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, Ricochet, Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal 2 all at once in an epic contradiction that resulted in my opinion (and hopes, really) being obsolete.

Is that what you wanted to hear? Because I don't recall comparing this game to Valve at all. In fact, I distinctly stated that I want, in this game, what the previous game (Batman: AC) did not have. I also cleverly compared it with Assassin's Creed (which gives you a bit more choices).

They mean 3D graphics on a 2D plane, as in you can only move on an X/Y axis.

(Sorry if this was a joke and I'm just being obtuse.)

I'm just disappointed. I was hoping for a new Arkham game. This doesn't feel like one.

I like the looks of it so far to be honest. Is it confirmed what Rocksteady are doing yet? I know there was a Golden/Silver Age game rumour but I didn't think that was official. They could be working on Arkham County :p

Mark Hamill has said the only way he's going to play the Joker again is for a film of The Killing Joke.

Mark Hamill said alot of things, including saying that his quote was taken out of proportion. I believe he said "never say never" one time.

I think he is basically asking for a higher pay, and since when has Kevin Conroy done a Batman game medium without Mark Hamill voicing the Joker? I think if the price is right, Mark will come back.

I'm just disappointed. I was hoping for a new Arkham game. This doesn't feel like one.

The 2.5D one is the 3DS/Vita game which is set after the events of the main game. Arkham: Origins is a "proper" Arkham game.

Looking forward to this, just hope they can pull off a game as good as Rocksteady's efforts.

I mean, I'd play it. Not at full price, but there's usually some amusement to come from the Arkham games.

Poorly worded sentence in retrospect.

I mean, I'd play it. Not at full price, but there's usually some amusement to come from the Arkham games.
Got this for free with the 770 I just bought. Though, I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

The 7th assassin is The Electrocutioner.

and theres a new ios game

I'm more curious about Rock Steady's (Arkham 1/2 devs) new Justice League endeavor, not to derail too much. I do certainly hope this game lives up to the high standards left by its predecessors.

PC Gameplay with all the PhysX and Grafix!

Daym the game is SWEET!
Have it on 10% completed atm,and still haven't gone to greet the penguin!
It is even bigger than City, the combat is pretty much the same,which is good, and the fast travel really comes in handy.
the only thing i really don't like is the lag,the occasional frame drops, clipping issues and so on.
Where i ran City smoothly on my PC, Origins drops to something like 25-30 fps.

Daym the game is SWEET!
Have it on 10% completed atm,and still haven't gone to greet the penguin!
It is even bigger than City, the combat is pretty much the same,which is good, and the fast travel really comes in handy.
the only thing i really don't like is the lag,the occasional frame drops, clipping issues and so on.
Where i ran City smoothly on my PC, Origins drops to something like 25-30 fps.

My framerate was bad as well until I got the last set of nvidia drivers which are optimised for AO. If on AMD they have just released some new ones that give a 35% increase.

Map is so much bigger than AC, but I'm being hit with some major performance issues. Hopefully the new Nvidia drivers solve them.

I am so f*cking done with this f*cking game. I get that it is called Arkham Origins, but

CAN WE NOT HAVE ONE F*cKING GAME THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE "OH LOL IT WAS THE JOKER THE WHOLE TIME AND NOT THE MUCH COOLER VILLAIN THAT WAS BUILT UP AS THE BIG BAD LET'S KEEP REUSING THIS EDGY AND SHITTY CLOWN C*NT INSTEAD"

I don't want to touch the game again after that stupid f*cking shit.

CAN WE NOT HAVE ONE F*cKING GAME THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE "OH LOL IT WAS THE JOKER THE WHOLE TIME AND NOT THE MUCH COOLER VILLAIN THAT WAS BUILT UP AS THE BIG BAD LET'S KEEP REUSING THIS EDGY AND SHITTY CLOWN C*NT INSTEAD"

You're shitting my britches. This can't happen again.

I am so f*cking done with this f*cking game. I get that it is called Arkham Origins, but

I don't want to touch the game again after that stupid f*cking shit.

Mark Hamill isn't back, right? Who's voicing him, John Di Maggio?

I used Google to find out and was going to act all informed or some shit but I realized all you have to do is utilize the Google.

Back