BF2 Thread

New screens up at IGN too. These ones are high detail. Very nice.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/677/677882/imgs_1.html?fromint=1

EDIT: Oooh...it looks like if you crash a helo or plane by accident with a passenger inside, you get a teamkill. Not confirmed but one of the screens shows a helo just exploding on the water and one guy dies one guy teamkills the other.

EDIT2: Sweet. I dunno if it's only when you're special ops or just for your own mines/c4 but there's small hud indicators showing C4 and how many meters away it is.

Mr. Redundant said:
It's ok Amish, it's the thought that counts, I appreciate it regardless :)
thanks for filling the rest of us in on the tidbits.

EDIT:

10min one just re-added!!!!!!!!! GOGOGOGOGO

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/677/677882/vids_1.html

see mom, sitting on IGN's vid page clicking the refresh button every 5 seconds DOES PAY!!!

also, there is a NON-insider version for people who do not have it!
:)

it's a preview of BF2, and IT KICKS ASS... omg I thought I couldn't want this game any more than I already did... I was wrong.

the jet fighting/dog fight section is awesome.. I love the new flight system and chaffs.
Did you really sit there and hit the refresh button every five seconds. ;( :LOL: :O Thanks :thumbs:

Alan Freeman said:
Did you really sit there and hit the refresh button every five seconds. ;( :LOL: :O Thanks :thumbs:
anytime bro, anytime :)
believe it or not, I did... I had a feeling it would be put up again, I just knew it.
it paid off though :D

also, from the vid, I didn't know the Commander was an actual player.. in other words he can access the commander interface, do all the commander stuff but he did it from inside a tank, and proceeded to kill another tank later.

news to me, I thought it was a commander ala Natural selection (plays it like an Rts almost)

Mr. Redundant said:
anytime bro, anytime :)
believe it or not, I did... I had a feeling it would be put up again, I just knew it.
it paid off though :D

also, from the vid, I didn't know the Commander was an actual player.. in other words he can access the commander interface, do all the commander stuff but he did it from inside a tank, and proceeded to kill another tank later.

news to me, I thought it was a commander ala Natural selection (plays it like an Rts almost)
Yeah isn't it cool you can get more kills tha t way.

Edit: the video stopped downlading WHY!!! 19 min left :angry:

WOW just finished the movie and it was Great Cant wait . The flying parts were soo good..

awesome vids, demo next week please god, agh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolling:

The 10 minute IGN video was great :D I'm really hyped up for this game now :)

One thing I like is that pilots get points for gunner kills as well as transporting people about, if anyone played Eve of Destruction I loved just ferrying people about from spawn and back :)

Can't wait for the demo! :p

Edit - Does anyone know what the final word is on player names? I've seen lots of stuff floating about. Some say if you change your name you lose all your stats, which would be bollocks. I'm hoping that you create an account under a unique name which can't be changed, but you can change your in-game name to whatever you like.

MilkMan12 said:
your right...Im sure the admins gave up on this thread as there is no way an admin could possibly keep up with all these posts.
Well excuse me - I've been reading this thread from the start, thanks.

JiMmEh said:
Edit - Does anyone know what the final word is on player names? I've seen lots of stuff floating about. Some say if you change your name you lose all your stats, which would be bollocks. I'm hoping that you create an account under a unique name which can't be changed, but you can change your in-game name to whatever you like.

I am worried about this as well, as I am sure to have multiple people playing on my game... Im hoping it's linked to your profile, and you register it online....
if not, it's gonna suck for me.
Ranked Servers – A Higher Standard of Play
To play online, all users will create new user accounts for Battlefield 2, and in creating an account, you are accepting EA’s Terms and Conditions.

We will be enforcing these Terms and Conditions across all Ranked servers, whether they are operated by EA or by one of our partners. We encourage all prospective Battlefield 2 players to become familiar with these Terms and Conditions.

Be ready. You won’t be able to hide behind "game.changeplayername" any more.

Im hoping you don't need multiple copies of BF2 to have multiple user accounts :(

Axyon said:
Well excuse me - I've been reading this thread from the start, thanks.

Sorry I didnt mean to offend you...its just that there are so many posts that if you went to take a piss and came back you would have 4 pages to scroll through. So I just assumed that you would just leave it alone lol...I would...good thing Im not an admin.

But what do you think about my other idea? About either letting us make lots of BF2 threads or a BF2 sub forum? Things like that IGN 10 minute vid should get their own threads...just my opinion though. What do you think?

MilkMan12 said:
Sorry I didnt mean to offend you...its just that there are so many posts that if you went to take a piss and came back you would have 4 pages to scroll through. So I just assumed that you would just leave it alone lol...I would...good thing Im not an admin.

But what do you think about my other idea? About either letting us make lots of BF2 threads or a BF2 sub forum? Things like that IGN 10 minute vid should get their own threads...just my opinion though. What do you think?
There'll undoubtably be a subforum made - this is attracting more attention than Halo 2 and Doom 3, and they got their own sections.

Mr. Redundant said:
Im hoping you don't need multiple copies of BF2 to have multiple user accounts :(

I'm (almost) certain you can create as many accounts as you like, like for example America's Army - but obviously each new account has no stats whatsoever.

I love it when you shoot and kill someone and they let out this scream AAAHHHHHHHRRRGGG. Like shown in the 10 min video at the end.:)

Yay just finished downloading it, its not a shakey cam :p, although its looks a bit dark ;(

Its an ok vid. Not very exciting IMO.

He dosent get in any planes or heli's ;(, just tanks. And the last part of the vid is him just running and getting killed :p

edit: But you do get to hear how awsome the sounds are :)

AmishSlayer said:
EDIT: Filefront is only giving me 226 KB/sec :( booo. Ah well, it's better than nothing.

Only? If I could dl at 226 kb/s I would scream with joy. I'm happy to get 50 kb/s :(

just a heads up, this is not HIGH DEF footage, it's just a bigger movie... it's not crisper at all, it's compiled of the video clips we have already seen (with some footage in between) from IGN, the 14 that were posted before the 6.

that being said, if you're a BF2 nut like me, you are gonna dl it anyway... hell why not, we have everything else :p

on an unrelated note, I hate in all the bf2 footage I have seen the MEC's say something when they die, and it's always the same phrase.... I would prefer it were just a death cry or whatever, than actually saying something.

Mr. Redundant said:
just a heads up, this is not HIGH DEF footage, it's just a bigger movie... it's not crisper at all, it's compiled of the video clips we have already seen (with some footage in between) from IGN, the 14 that were posted before the 6.

that being said, if you're a BF2 nut like me, you are gonna dl it anyway... hell why not, we have everything else :p
There's nothing reused from the other videos, it's all fresh. The information he talks about is nothing new, however.

Axyon said:
There's nothing reused from the other videos, it's all fresh. The information he talks about is nothing new, however.
I was talking about the latest BF2 video from IGN, the insider one hosted on Filefront.

not the 10minute video preview with commentary by IGN dude, I was raving about earlier.

Im watching the 310mb video and it is RE-USED footage, for a fact, I have both videos...

battlefield2masterbit_wmvhigh.wmv

not

1bf2_vidpreview4_060305_wmvlow

unless the video on IGN differs from the one hosted on Filefront.

The game itself looks great, but the 300mb video is pretty boring, there's only 10 players in the server! :p

So much for the "map size depends on amount of players" thing.
And you STILL can't run over trees with tanks?!
Bummer :(

Back