Borderlands 2 "gameplay blowout"

Anyone know how I can get the GMG version onto Steam?

Anyone know how I can get the GMG version onto Steam?
I'm pretty sure Borderlands uses Steamworks, so it will automatically get added to your steam account, because its required.

Yep, every single copy gets registered to Steam regardless of where you purchase it. Which is great because it also uses Steamworks, and the alternative is mother ****ing GameSpy for matchmaking.

[edit] All the enemies in Borderlands 2 in one big image:

zKB6I.jpg
Direct link for fullsize (it's a 12MB .png so watch ya'self (shake ya' ass)): http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/orig/9/25601500656-orig.png

[further edit] Borderlands 2 Season Pass on sale at GMG, use GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G for 25% off!

I don't understand what a season pass is in regards to video games.

There's 4 planned campaign DLCs (new story, missions, areas, enemies, possibly weapons) which will probably go for $10-15 each standalone. The season pass lets you get all the DLC as it's released for a lower overall price (though apparently this doesn't cover the Mechromancer).

For most other games and developers, I'd give it a hahahano.jpg, but the quality of BL1's DLC was very high, especially considering it was for a game that seems to be worse than BL2 in every conceivable way.

[edit] PC settings: http://imgur.com/a/I3iXw

FOV, HUD boundaries, vsync, max fps... looking good.

Double posting because nobody posted in over 24h.

8IsVf.jpg

More guns!

9pjwi.jpg
rfbkj.jpg
3ZEfL.jpg

That first one is ****ing wild... only a level 29 blue, and it does +3000% damage with a fire rate of 30. I have a feeling the level and difficulty scaling is going to be much more interesting than in the first game.

And here's an early game relic and shield:

0owf6.jpg
SUOZX.png

[edit] Album of 24 weapon/loot images from a stream: http://imgur.com/a/zQW9D

Probably just for fun.

But damn I can't wait for this! Does loot drop for a specific person now or is it just whoever can sweep up the most like the last one?

Everyone sees the same loot, just like the first. Which is how it should be, IMO. Local loot (where everyone sees their own set) sort of flies in the face of the nature of co-op loot-driven gameplay. Might as well not even be a multiplayer game at that point. It's decent for playing with random shitheads but it makes playing with friends feel weird and disconnected.

[edit] Non-sequitur:

There's a legendary Tediore shotgun that launches itself like a rocket when you reload, explodes on impact, tracks enemies as it flies, and fires the remaining ammo in its clip at the enemy it's homing in on.

Between this and Dota 2, I might not leave the house before Christmas.

pre-ordered this game by trading in COD:MW3 (horrible game) and Rage. cannot wait till tuesday :D

Dat first gun. Wonder what 50% love means...

I wonder if it has something to do with the healing bullets. The Siren has a healing ability where you can shoot her teammates to heal them. Maybe it's a 50% increase to how much is healed. Just a guess.

I wonder if it has something to do with the healing bullets. The Siren has a healing ability where you can shoot her teammates to heal them. Maybe it's a 50% increase to how much is healed. Just a guess.
I never thought of that, but it makes a lot of sense. Could also be some sort of lifeleech effect. Whatever it does, it'll probably be really cool.

More info, some of which is not new but probably worth repeating:

- Jesper Kyd is one of the composers of the soundtrack (that's right, mother ****ing JESPER KYD)
- Enemies now ragdoll and (at low velocities) take non-lethal damage when you hit them with a vehicle
- Enemies can also jump onto your vehicle to attack (I forget if this happened in the first)
- You auto-pickup ammo and money while in a vehicle, no need to get out
- Minimap in the top corner
- Stat caps for everything are through the roof, e.g. 40k HP and 5k damage per shot at level 50
- E-Tech weapons (i.e. lategame weapons that use Eridian parts) will tend to have non-bullet projectiles, such as lasers and needles
- Ladders!
- Much more verticality in level design - 5-floor Bandit ramshackle towns and whatnot
- Combined enemies (e.g. a Midget riding a Bullymong) will show a secondary healthbar when you target them (meaning you can probably kill the mount/whatever so the other enemy is on its own)

Glad to hear vehicles are improving. As nice as they were for getting from place to place, I really disliked the driving mechanics. You would hit a tiny rock and come to a complete stop :/

Singleplayer is multiplayer...
I just mean, like, its still fun that way. The first one was pretty much forgettable as a singleplayer experience.

Not that it matters, GMG's website is totally ****ed at the moment, and I probably wont be able to get it before the deal ends.

The amount of improvement is really incredible. And.... it surprised me that it is actually quite funny this time. The game also feels pretty huge right now. Cooler guns, diverse environments, actual characters.

Also MUCH tougher. Holy shit I almost died in the tutorial from the first boss.

A few complaints though:

-Why are they still doing the "unlock your skill when you hit level 5" thing? So obnoxious when you just want to try out a class. I wasn't able to unlock my first skill point until an hour in..

-Tutorial and intro area are absurdly long, creating new characters is going to drive me crazy.

-I don't understand why automatic ammo and cash pick up isn't implemented when opening containers.

1) I dunno but it doesn't bother me. It's just how the game works.
2) True, but it's offset by the high difficulty and quality of writing.
3) I think it's mostly to prevent loot drops from being crowded out by ammo that you can't pick up because your ammo reserves are full.

But yeah this game is god damn awesome so far. In the past two hours I've already seen more visual variation in weapons than in all of my time in Borderlands 1. The shooting mechanics feel far more refined as well, recoil actually has a random component to it rather than being a rigid vertical kickback every time.

I- I just. So... happy.

Most fun i've had in a shooter in a long time.

The voucher was still working this morning thankfully, and I managed to get it now that their site isn't bogged down. Will try it tonight. You guys better not be hyping it up unjustly. :arms:

Hmm, I might get this. Enjoyed the first one, though I mostly played SP. MP was a bit... hectic; I mean everyone was just pushing forward to the next loot box and it felt very 'gamey' because of that, taking some immersion away.

Also for some reason this looks graphically worse than the first one at times (?). Or maybe that's just the quality of some of those videos.

You better share some stories soon, I remember Willie writing about his fight with the monster you had to shoot in the butthole (or something like that) in Borderlands 1 - that was on of the things that made me buy the game.

EDIT: I assume the Premiere Club and stuff that comes with it is for preorders only and won't be available later (I can still preorder, as it comes out on the 21st in EU)?

Starting to look forward to this. Didnt play Borderlands all the way through, but I did have fun when I did play it on the PS3. Sold it due to too many games.

There's one thing that's nagging me:

B2 is clearly better in co-op....so why the hell is the loot free-for-all?

''Just play with people you know then.''

Err....I doubt many of my friends will be playing this on PC. So, what, PUG and just be quick?

The voucher was still working this morning thankfully, and I managed to get it now that their site isn't bogged down. Will try it tonight. You guys better not be hyping it up unjustly. :arms:
Silly, silly Krynndog, when have I ever hyped up a game unjustly?

..... Aside from Brink.

Err....I doubt many of my friends will be playing this on PC. So, what, PUG and just be quick?
Same reason loot was free for all in Diablo 2. Local/individual loot drops make the game feel disconnected. One world, one loot drop :p

Besides, just play with .netters, we're pretty good about not being dicks like that :V

What character is your guys' main?

It's kind of hard to pick for me, but so far I've been focusing on the siren.

Liking this game quite a bit so far, though I just reached the Sanctuary. Stupidly used the golden key at level 8 without noticing, but I've never cared much for preorder bonuses that give you an advantage anyways.

So come on then Americans. How is it?

I can't play till tomorrow, very excited though :)

You better share some stories soon, I remember Willie writing about his fight with the monster you had to shoot in the butthole (or something like that) in Borderlands 1 - that was on of the things that made me buy the game.
My mind is f*ggoting out trying to remember this, but I did shoot a lot of monsters in the anus.

Hopefully will have this tomorrow. Going to main the shit out of Axton.

Skagzilla. That was definitely Skagzilla. I know this because I remember all stories involving you and butts. And we are Axton Acquaintances (there's no synonym for "commando" that starts with B or F).

BTW: GOTY. This is my personal GOTY. Not gonna spoil anything, but about 15 hours in (if you do the sidequests), the story gets ****ing CRUNK AS SHIT. The loot is so damn good, and the gunplay is great. And everything is amazing, even the AI. And especially the writing, it's honestly some of the best I've seen in any AAA game ever. Yes, EVER - I went there. Game is meaty, game is hard, game is good.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Either have individual loot, round robin or a roll-based system for the loot. I ****ing hate free-for-all loot systems because it leads to ninja looting. If you're in a group with more than one of a character type, then forget about getting good loot.

With that said, this game is ****ing awesome and I love it.

I'm lovin' this game so far. I took two vacation days to get comfortably into this, and it's been time well spent. I don't know how to describe it... gameplay is fun, looks great, but there's a depth, a variety, a richness to it. There's so much detail in the various locations, the maps are humongous, the monsters are varied, the side quests are extensive, the weapons... those go without saying. It's also quite free from consolitis, which is a breath of fresh air.

For example, there's a character called a goliath... pretty run of the mill tank, but if you shoot his head off, he goes berzerk and attacks anything close to him (including other bad guys). He will also level up (apparently like four times) if he takes damage, does damage or something like that, gaining damage, health, and shields. There's a side quest where (without a lot of detail here) you fight some tough, mutated bugs (like they killed me more than once). So I fire up a goliath, level him up a couple times, get him to follow me to where this side quest is, and let him duke it out with the big bug.

Surely you've seen the videos of the Tediore 'disposable' guns? I wasn't sure about that at first, but it's a really new, fun game dynamic. The inventory HUD takes some getting used to (and I burned my golden key at level 8 or something too - do we get more of those later?). MAN, I can't wait to get home after work today.

I have only this to say right now: any character other than Axton is a scrub. Holy SHIT that turret is so useful. I did play some of Zer0 though. His tendency to speak in haikus and his overall play style (good lord the refresh rate on Decepti0n is quick) turned out to be pleasant.

Currently level 12, this game is simply amazing. I'm Axton and for me thats the best way to play. my biggest complaint though is XBL is down now and I can't play online. Playing this as a singleplayer game is boring but once you get up to a full group its balls to the wall hilarious.

I've only ever played singleplayer... someone asked for help with Wilhelm today, and we couldn't get connected. I tried adding the '-tcp' flag to the startup command, but that's about as far as I'll go with that. I like to spend a lot of time exploring the levels, listening to what the storyline/people have to say (which doesn't lend itself to online play, I think). After I've gone through everything once, I may be down for some cooperative play.

I finished it last night. It's the best game I've played since Half-Life 2. Utterly phenomenal.

Level 28. Turret is now one of the most overpowered things in the game. Story just got super serious. I'm loving this much more than the first.

Also

I love the real Angel. Partially shaved head and black hair and pale skin? Thirty million boners colliding with the stars.

What skill did you add to the turret that made a huge difference? I'm probably going to respec soon.

Back