Breaking Bad Season 4

I don't think for a minute that hank is at all clued in on Walt. Not a chance in hell. And when Hank finds out, I don't think he's going to pursue walt relentlessly like some people have suggested. Hank is going to be hugely conflicted and try to help his brother in law somehow... the very least being completely shocked when he makes the discovery.

Come on, it's Hank. This is a guy who thinks he knows everything that's going on and some ways he does... but Heisenberg has been under his nose the whole time. He's going to be completely overwhelmed with the emotions of finding out who Heisenberg is while at the same time horrified by what it means. It's going to really bring into question his morality and duty to the job over duty to his family.

That's what the next season will be about. Mark my words!

This is the same sort of thing that intrigues me so much with the show Dexter too. I have no idea how Hank will react to finding out what Walt's done. I'm with Raz in thinking Hank hasn't got a clue that Walt is Heisenberg. My guess is that Hank won't actually find out it is Walt until it's too late.

It just bugs me how many clues Hank has gotten up to this point that Walt is the guy.

Hank knows that chemistry sets went missing from Walt's class and were used to cook meth. He saw Walt show up at the Heisenberg meeting with Badger. He knows about Walt's weird behavior. And he knows Walt has gotten an insane amount of money from somewhere. He gets suspicious when Walt tells him at dinner that Heisenberg is probably still alive. After he knows all this in Gale's notebook he sees the initials W.W for Heisenberg.

After this point he starts taking Walt on these ride alongs to investigate Gus where Walt becomes paranoid and acts irrational the entire time to the point where he crashes his car in an effort not to go check out the suspected meth lab.

Hank is clearly a good DEA agent and can piece together things others can't. I simply don't understand how he couldn't have atleast a slight suspicion.

It just bugs me how many clues Hank has gotten up to this point that Walt is the guy.

Hank knows that chemistry sets went missing from Walt's class and were used to cook meth. He saw Walt show up at the Heisenberg meeting with Badger. He knows about Walt's weird behavior. And he knows Walt has gotten an insane amount of money from somewhere. He gets suspicious when Walt tells him at dinner that Heisenberg is probably still alive. After he knows all this in Gale's notebook he sees the initials W.W for Heisenberg.

After this point he starts taking Walt on these ride alongs to investigate Gus where Walt becomes paranoid and acts irrational the entire time to the point where he crashes his car in an effort not to go check out the suspected meth lab.

Hank is clearly a good DEA agent and can piece together things others can't. I simply don't understand how he couldn't have atleast a slight suspicion.

Hank seemed suspicious as hell to me when they were going to the laundromat and Walt intentionally crashed the car. I definitely think he suspects, but I also don't think he'll make a move without some real evidence. Hank may often be crass, but surely he understands the gravity of the situation.

The thing is, they've basically played out the entire series as hank being clueless. They haven't let the audience in on any sort of fact that Hank knows who Heisenberg is(other than Gail/Gus). It'll be bad of them to just come out next season with hank being all "I knew it all along." It won't fit in the way they've presented the show to the audience, and what they've presented to the audience is Hank knows shit. He's onto all the right pieces, except Walt.

The thing is, they've basically played out the entire series as hank being clueless. They haven't let the audience in on any sort of fact that Hank knows who Heisenberg is(other than Gail/Gus). It'll be bad of them to just come out next season with hank being all "I knew it all along." It won't fit in the way they've presented the show to the audience, and what they've presented to the audience is Hank knows shit. He's onto all the right pieces, except Walt.

I definitely see what you're saying, but I don't think we'll get it delivered to us that way. I think more than likely we'll see Hank at the laundromat, which he didn't even tell many people he was investigating, and from there we'll actually see him piece things together. It'll build up suspense, too, if there's the constant fear of Hank, unlike now where, yeah, he has seemed like a trained monkey.

My guess is that Hank will walk in the new season, he'll tail Walt very well and he'll notice hes not in danger as much and put two and two together with regarding the death of Gus and Walt not being under the threat of death for so long. thats just what I would see if I were Hank, because every other episode Hank was getting the shit beat out of him and I'm guessing that'll stop with the new season. That and the accident near the laundry mat, and numerous other suspicious activities would present a red flag.

Yeah, I still don't think Hank has a clue. I mean, yeah, Walt was being weird around Hank, but I try to think back to a time when Walt wasn't weird around Hank, and I can't think of any time. Walt's always either been "distant", avoiding things where he could and being uncomfortable when he couldn't avoid it. I think Hank would just figure that Walt is weird like that normally, and that putting Walt in a risky and stressful situation like that was just a bad idea. Which is something he literally said after the car crash.

Nah, I think Hank will continue to chase "Heisenberg" without having any idea who he is until the very end.

Maybe he'll find out about Walt and Merkert-in-the-universe-where-he-double-agent'ed-for-Gus at the same time? I can't see the DEA being completely uncorrupted by the cartels.

Season finale, how many of the Laundromat workers saw Jesse and Walt come out of the lab when it blew up? They were trusted employees of Gus, not Heisenberg. The DEA will investigate the Laundromat, that's a given. Exactly how loyal might those workers be if they're questioned?

Walt and Jesse aren't out of the woods yet, there's the Laundromat, and there's still Mike, which will be very interesting. Plus it's the last season so Hank shall definitely discover Walt's identity, I'd be so disappointed if he didn't.

As if those workers (who are illegal immigrants with no paper trail) haven't scattered to all over the country already. They knew the danger they were already in, having the place blow up means nobody is going to stick around to witness the fallout.

Gus should have seen how easy it would be for Jesse to know what was up when suddenly he was all "okay, take the time you need..." when before he was saying, "MAKE MY METH!"

Also does anybody remember what their quotas are per time slice? What's the time slice? Is it every day? Every week? I want to know why they're not working more days to make massive amounts of meth... and having longer off periods.

I also wish the show would have covered some of the dealer side of Gus's operation. Like what happens to the big tubs of meth... where it goes, how it's broken down the chain until it hits the streets. It would have been neat to see the chain of command in taking those hundreds of tubs of meth and stealthily distributing it amongs hundreds or thousands of dealers across the state/country.

How could I forget about this? Not entirely what I was getting at, but the first step in the chain.

Oh and this is interesting. Never heard of it.

Real blue meth inspired by breaking bad!

http://kcpdchief.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-color-same-old-meth.html

In the last two months or so, police have started seeing a new trend in drugs in Kansas City: blue meth. It had shown up at a few other spots around the country, but we've only recently been recovering it around here. We haven't seen a huge amount, but it was enough that I wanted to tell you about it so you know to call police if you see something like it.

Our Drug Enforcement Unit has several theories about why some meth manufacturers are making it blue. One is that the field test police use to determine whether a substance is methamphetamine is blue, and perhaps criminals are making the meth the same color to make the test harder to read. But the tests continue to work just as well on the blue meth as they do on any other, and besides, all drugs that are field tested are later re-tested for confirmation in our crime lab. Another theory is that the blue could be the mark of the manufacturer, like how ecstasy makers stamp pills with pictures to indicate where they came from or that they're "high quality." Still another hypothesis is that the manufacturers are simply copying the TV show on AMC called "Breaking Bad," which features a character who makes meth and dyes it blue.

Except in breaking bad it's not dyed blue... not intentionally. It's the methylamine. Unless I'm forgetting and they did it on purpose initially.

EDIT: Holy shit, did anybody realize that the actor who played Jesse played in this commercial? I saw this commercial all the time on TV. Funny.

He was also in an x-files episode I think. And something else. I've seen him a few times when watching older stuff.

**** I hate these video tags. And I'm only posting this cause I have never seen it.

Oh ****ing lol, I remember that Juicy Fruit commercial.

LMFAO been a while since I saw that commercial. I had no idea that was Jesse.

I did however always know him as the outcast kid from that Korn video about 10 years ago when I was like 13 and gave a shit about things like Korn.

Just watched all four seasons in the past two weeks. It's an astonishingly good show, extremely well acted and written. I think season 2 is probably the best season: Season 4 was a bit sub-standard at start, but it really blew me away at the end.

EDIT:
For all their work, Walt doesn't have a great deal of money at the end of S4, which is why I think he will want to keep cooking. 600 thousand to buy the car wash and another 600 to pay Ted's IRS bill. He apparently doesn't have that much money left, which is pretty strange as he made half a million a month working for Gus. I guess he didn't work there for as long as I thought...

Just watched all four seasons in the past two weeks. It's an astonishingly good show, extremely well acted and written. I think season 2 is probably the best season: Season 4 was a bit sub-standard at start, but it really blew me away at the end.

EDIT:
For all their work, Walt doesn't have a great deal of money at the end of S4, which is why I think he will want to keep cooking. 600 thousand to buy the car wash and another 600 to pay Ted's IRS bill. He apparently doesn't have that much money left, which is pretty strange as he made half a million a month working for Gus. I guess he didn't work there for as long as I thought...

He also bought and destroyed a really expensive car, didn't he? Plus his and Hank's medical bills.

He has definitely been pissing it away.

That's pretty cool, Walt's voice overs are brilliant. It's a wonder Breaking Bad never actually utilizes them. Why is the image mirrored though?

I think some people on YouTube are under the impression that mirroring content evades copyright infringement.

I mean I guess they could be right, but I don't see how.

They do it so that Youtube doesn't auto-detect it and delete it, dear Eres.

I was wondering if youtube might auto-detect that sort of thing, but if something like that does exist it wouldn't be all that much more complicated for the algorithm to also check the mirrored image.

Something like that does exist. I'm not making shit up bro.

I imagine the mirror trick won't work for too long.

Back