Breaking Bad Season 4

Not related to the previews for next week's episode...
I still think the *lucky* cigarette has some kind of play in the last few episodes. It wouldn't be like Jesse to just throw something like that out. My friend was joking around and said something like, "Hey, what if Andrea or her kid gets into Jesse's cigarettes and accidentally smokes the wrong one?" Until that point, I totally forgot that it hadn't been used yet.

Not related to the previews for next week's episode...
I still think the *lucky* cigarette has some kind of play in the last few episodes. It wouldn't be like Jesse to just throw something like that out. My friend was joking around and said something like, "Hey, what if Andrea or her kid gets into Jesse's cigarettes and accidentally smokes the wrong one?" Until that point, I totally forgot that it hadn't been used yet.

I also think it will have a play in the last episodes, but the scenario you mentioned seems a bit unlikely. It's not as easy as taking out the cigarette and smoking it - the poison is in a glass vial which would have to shatter first and it would be kind of obvious if the cigarette was all wet, not to mention it wouldn't light up.

Doesn't look like a glass vial to me. However this scenario may occur
Jesse's new girlfriend finds the pack of cigarettes laying on a table and picks the one with Ricin. She smokes it, dies, then that finally pushes Jesse over the edge to be with Gus and kill Walt for revenge. Thus begins season 5. Jesse always leaves stuff around especially at his new home.

I don't think that's how it works. I'm pretty sure that the vial is being stored there just to be stored in a hidden place. The liquid of the poison is enclosed in some kind of vial, I don't think smoking it would work.

Yeah the cigarette is just a way to hide the vial of poison.

Last week's episode was one of the most intense of ANY breaking bad episode... can't wait for tonight.

Doesn't look like a glass vial to me.

Really?

cYV8X.jpg

Personally, I can't see Walt going after Gus. Even if he kills him, so what? He'll still have at the very least a few capable people after him. Killing or endangering someone lower on the food chain, but important to Gus I think is the way to go. If Walt took out the right person, Gus would still need him to cook. At this point with the options available I don't see how he can afford to just sit back and try to defend his family. He's got to go on the attack.

As per usual, Melinda has no idea what's going on.

Honestly, what do you have to gain from doing this? So childish this back and forth... and I know childish.

Anyway, can't wait for tonight's episode... so pumped for it! I bet it's going to start off slow and totally ruin the high buzz we had from last week but then build it all up again. It's a tease, this show.

I'm personally expecting Walt to invoke Heisenberg.

Yeah and you think that Ricin is a liquid or even liquid in the vial.

That would be a good point except that Ricin can absolutely be dissolved in a liquid. As before your knowledge on anything comes entirely from your Castor bean sized brain (See what I did there?) and not from any actual source.

Honestly, what do you have to gain from doing this? So childish this back and forth... and I know childish.

It tickles me. Basically my reasoning for doing anything.

Holy christ, that was one hell of an episode. This is the most intense season yet.

I was thinking as I watched it that somebody owes you a blowjob. Or whatever you get when you call something.

Uh, a high five in most circles. I guess they do things different in Texas.

Episode was good, but not as intense as last week's. I do like that they cleared up all the obvious solutions to the problems though, because now I'm left with absolutely no idea whats going to happen in the finale. I almost want to avoid this thread so I don't see any of the speculation. I feel like the talk about the Ricin on here might have dampened the effect of it for me.

Uh, a high five in most circles. I guess they do things different in Texas.

Episode was good, but not as intense as last week's. I do like that they cleared up all the obvious solutions to the problems though, because now I'm left with absolutely no idea whats going to happen in the finale. I almost want to avoid this thread so I don't see any of the speculation. I feel like the talk about the Ricin on here might have dampened the effect of it for me.

I actually had thought somebody was mocking him for what he predicted, but that wasn't the post I was remembering. And you can't have a high five for that!

And yes the episode kind of brought down the high from the previous episode. Kind of disappointed in that, but it was a good episode.

I am just wondering what was going through Gus's head that made him not take the car. Felt a little bit contrived that gus had such a huge suspicion for some reason. Also that he didn't leave someone with the vehicle.

That would be a good point except that Ricin can absolutely be dissolved in a liquid. As before your knowledge on anything comes entirely from your Castor bean sized brain (See what I did there?) and not from any actual source.
I think that's really enough flame baiting. You're a staff member, act like it. You and hool have been back and forth for months in this thread and I promise you that nobody here gives a shit about reading you guys squabble besides you two.

I don't think that's how it works. I'm pretty sure that the vial is being stored there just to be stored in a hidden place. The liquid of the poison is enclosed in some kind of vial, I don't think smoking it would work.
cYV8X.jpg

It tickles me. Basically my reasoning for doing anything.

So now your going back on what your saying?

I think that's really enough flame baiting. You're a staff member, act like it. You and hool have been back and forth for months in this thread and I promise you that nobody here gives a shit about reading you guys squabble besides you two.
Well no shit look at most of the staff. Most don't visit the site anymore due to crap like this and if you bring up anything HL related, you get banned for it. Then you got Pi and Samon and their buddies all working together just being a bunch of trolls, abusing their powers, and getting every game on Steam for free. Pi in fact has the most games/ach on steam-stats because he is using his press account as his personnel Steam account. That's like using the company credit card for anything. Of course you can't bitch about that though because if you do, you get banned and then you can't visit off-topic or something. *The other hilarious fact is that most the mods and trolls are slightly younger or much younger than even I am.

This really isn't the venue for that sort of complaint. Nor is it for this argument. I'm not attacking either one of you here, I'm just telling you to give it a rest.

I think it's unrealistic that Hank is so blaise about the dangers inherent in the mafia coming back to get him.

Though it's very possible he's putting on a show, because I know those guys terrified him before.

I give up on speculating. I thought it was funny there's a number of DEA spook agents running around, but none think of pulling the drapes on those nice big windows overlooking that nice mountainous, rocky terrain.

I think it's unrealistic that Hank is so blaise about the dangers inherent in the mafia coming back to get him.

Though it's very possible he's putting on a show, because I know those guys terrified him before.

I think it's more that he thinks the anonymous tip was telling him to "back off". He's in a wheel chair and it's clear that no one believes his suspicions about Gus being behind it. If they wanted to take him out, they could do it easily, and make it a clear accident / suicide.

He doesn't believe that anyone is actually coming to kill him, because he hasn't gotten any evidence. Even the drug dogs at the laundry didn't turn anything up.

Gus has spidey senses that tell him when he's walking into a trap, it seems.

Pretty silly that Gus didn't leave someone with the car, especially after having murdered so many members of the Cartel singlehandedly. You'd think he would be on guard.

Also, what's up with his telekinetic powers? That was tense, but silly...

but check it out: combine these two seemingly lazy writing mistakes, and they solve each other. gus doesnt have spidey sense, he just realized that he made a mistake when he forgot to leave a guy at the car, and no longer trusts it. bizam.

although it doesnt really explain why gus thinks jesse is a total ****ing idiotic moron. this was probably his shittiest manipulative plan yet, no shit jesse and walter are going to figure it out.

i also think its funny how while gus was manipulating jesse's opinion of walt, the show itself was manipulating the audience's opinion of gus. for a while they make him out to be sort of a hero and you forget that he murders little boys, but they know exactly how to make you turn on him again-- more dead little boys.

Gus should have seen how easy it would be for Jesse to know what was up when suddenly he was all "okay, take the time you need..." when before he was saying, "MAKE MY METH!"

Also does anybody remember what their quotas are per time slice? What's the time slice? Is it every day? Every week? I want to know why they're not working more days to make massive amounts of meth... and having longer off periods.

I also wish the show would have covered some of the dealer side of Gus's operation. Like what happens to the big tubs of meth... where it goes, how it's broken down the chain until it hits the streets. It would have been neat to see the chain of command in taking those hundreds of tubs of meth and stealthily distributing it amongs hundreds or thousands of dealers across the state/country.

but check it out: combine these two seemingly lazy writing mistakes, and they solve each other. gus doesnt have spidey sense, he just realized that he made a mistake when he forgot to leave a guy at the car, and no longer trusts it. bizam.
This makes me feel better about that part. :)

I also think that, while walking out to his car, he had a sudden suspicion about Jesse. There seemed to be a hint of it right when they walked out the parking garage door. If that were me, and I felt like Jesse might be up to something, I sure would be inclined to avoid doing what he and Walt would expect.

And Yuri, Telekinesis is manipulating objects with your mind. I think you meant "precognitive powers".

I love how Walt did his crazy little laugh again. "STOP. LAUGHING!"

The DEA at the laundry was the best part of the episode though. Hank will be looking through the photos Steve took and notice something unusual about the one of the big washing machine(?) which the lab is hidden beneath. I think so because a) the machine is a different color, incriminating or not it's still different and thus memorable and b) the shot of Steve photographing it is decently longer than the others, a technique possibly employed to allow for the 'previously on AMC's Breaking Bad'.

Specific details aside, I think everyone knows Hank too well to think he won't press the DEA about the laundry.

I love how Walt did his crazy little laugh again. "STOP. LAUGHING!"

The DEA at the laundry was the best part of the episode though. Hank will be looking through the photos Steve took and notice something unusual about the one of the big washing machine(?) which the lab is hidden beneath. I think so because a) the machine is a different color, incriminating or not it's still different and thus memorable and b) the shot of Steve photographing it is decently longer than the others, a technique possibly employed to allow for the 'previously on AMC's Breaking Bad'.

Specific details aside, I think everyone knows Hank too well to think he won't press the DEA about the laundry.

Preview Spoilers
Well in the previews Steve Gomez said that they may have a possible lead. Somebody was also handcuffed to a machine down there. You can't move around that way so something tells me that either Jesse or Walt is chained down there but most likely Jesse. However it would be far more of a twist if Tyrus was chained to it and the DEA found him down there. It doesn't really make sense if he was in a suit though as it's shown that the hand is in a suit in the preview so it's likely it's Jesse or Walt.

I also think that, while walking out to his car, he had a sudden suspicion about Jesse. There seemed to be a hint of it right when they walked out the parking garage door. If that were me, and I felt like Jesse might be up to something, I sure would be inclined to avoid doing what he and Walt would expect.

And Yuri, Telekinesis is manipulating objects with your mind. I think you meant "precognitive powers".
Oh yeah when he brought up the whole poisoning bit, that certainly gave it away.

Somebody was also handcuffed to a machine down there. You can't move around that way so something tells me that either Jesse or Walt is chained down there but most likely Jesse. However it would be far more of a twist if Tyrus was chained to it and the DEA found him down there. It doesn't really make sense if he was in a suit though as it's shown that the hand is in a suit in the preview so it's likely it's Jesse or Walt.

Perhaps they forced Tyrus to wear the suit to frame him?

God damn mother****ing preview talk spoilers god damnit. Knew I should have left this thread.

God damn mother****ing preview talk spoilers god damnit. Knew I should have left this thread.

Yeah really.

Hool and Vegeta, I edited your posts. Please use spoiler tags for preview talk, as many of us don't watch Previews, finding that it gives too much of the episode away.

Got it.

I don't watch the previews either actually, but since hool already gave it away I figured it was too late.

Ah, sorry about that folks.
Perhaps they forced Tyrus to wear the suit to frame him?
Well I thought that too however finding a guy chained onto a secret underground meth lab is bound to be guilty with or without a suit. That's why I'm thinking it's Walt or Jesse chained to the place to prevent escaping and forced to cook 24/7.

****ing wow. I have never, ever, ever seen such great television.
I have been thinking about the scene with Walt twirling the gun on the glass table for the past two weeks now. I've been trying to figure what the hell he was staring off at when the camera focus changed to that plant. I figured the writers were trying to present some type of visual metaphor with the gun spinning and all... but WOW. I never thought the plant would be involved. Not until Jesse mentioned it on the rooftop. At that point, I ****ing jumped in excitement and scared the shit out of my roommates. That feeling... is going to be hard to replace.

I'm still shaking.

Also: Three things

1. I really wanted to see Mike come back in the end. Turns out he didn't, but I'm sure he'll return next season. Can't wait for whatever the writers plan for him.

2. What the **** happened to the Ricin? Was it disposed of? And, secondly, how Walt was able to administer the poisonous plant to Brock is still questionable.

3. Reddit speculation trolls are already going at full force. So let me explicitly give my opinion on Gus: He is dead. He is ****ing dead. There. Btw, this is rather interesting...

1ZsKJ.jpg

I just hope they give us all 16 episodes next season and not try to split it up as 2 shorter seasons and drag it out for another year.

WTF, breakinf bad was renewed for another season? This wasn't the last? I hadn't heard.

Back