Breaking Bad Season 4

I'm getting really excited now that Season 4 is palpably close. As always, it seems like it's been ten million years since I last watched a new episode of Breaking Bad.

This season is going to be insane from the looks of it. They're pimping these images of shaved-head badass Jesse and hardcore killer Walt and the arc of the entire show's plot has been slowly building up to all hell breaking loose, and it finally has.

KOoTW.jpg

All explosions are valid for TV show promos, no matter how much sense it makes to put them there. Promos don't have to make sense, they just have to build up excitement.

a very nonsensical and quite patronizing approach to marketing here, especially for such an audience that is intelligent enough to appreciate breaking bad for more than just explosions. not good at all, and you'd be simple to be lead by the nose by it. i expect much more from the advertising, myself. if i wasn't so 100% sure that this season is going to be excellent based on the first free seasons, i'd be very turned off by the tv spot and terrible promotional photos right now as they really do try to show it as something its not.

more credit to them if they attract new fans by it though, but i still don't like it.

a very nonsensical and quite patronizing approach to marketing here, especially for such an audience that is intelligent enough to appreciate breaking bad for more than just explosions. not good at all, and you'd be simple to be lead by the nose by it. i expect much more from the advertising, myself. if i wasn't so 100% sure that this season is going to be excellent based on the first free seasons, i'd be very turned off by the tv spot and terrible promotional photos right now as they really do try to show it as something its not.

more credit to them if they attract new fans by it though, but i still don't like it.

There's several things they do when it comes to promos, and it rarely changes. The priority is to put explosions in it, no matter whether or not it makes sense to put them there. The other thing to do is to include characters saying things like "We are going to die", "Officer down!", "I will kill you!" or "This is a suicide mission!". Any sentences that might build up excitement, depends on the show. Everything the characters say in a promo has to sound exciting for fans and new viewers alike. What the characters are doing in the promo also has to be exciting, such as aiming/shooting a gun, punching someone in the face, having sex. Sometimes, although rarer and not the case here, they even reveal crucial plot points/twists. If the show is well received by critics, then they'll always say so in the promo. If the show has no explosions or is a slower drama then they'll go with sentences like "I knew you were having an affair!", "We can't ever be together!" or "You can't trust him!", etc. Including hot women in the promos is always a possibility and sometimes they do just that.

This applies to pretty much all promos that I've seen. Of course all promos are different from each other but the strategies to make them exciting are generally the same every time, from what I've seen so far. And the promos don't necessarily have to represent what the show is.

[video=youtube_share;hew8TcvPwWs]http://youtu.be/hew8TcvPwWs[/video]

Sneak preview clips below:
[video=youtube_share;eETwuYNsMAk]http://youtu.be/eETwuYNsMAk[/video]
[video=youtube_share;9gmPbtnoy78]http://youtu.be/9gmPbtnoy78[/video]

There was also a tv ad with the party scene:
full-image.php

It looks a lot like
Jesse had a party in his house.

Also this recently happened:
Eight illegal immigrants from Mexico were arrested on drug trafficking charges after federal and Las Vegas law enforcement officials seized 212 pounds of drugs worth an estimated street value of $5.7 million in the largest methamphetamine bust in Nevada history, authorities announced Thursday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43765582/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Can't ****ing wait.
Me and my fiance are stoked for it, just hope we can get home in time to watch it on TV.

Where's the excitement, HL2net? :O

I'm excited!

Though for some reason I thought it was supposed to air on the 15th... Welp, the wait is almost over.

I find it weird to note that I've actually never re-watched most of Breaking Bad. I've seen the first season twice but any subsequent time I try to watch season 1 I just get bored and stop. Have only ever watched S2 and S3 once... maybe I should quickly rewatch all of S3 before the premiere tomorrow...

I guess it's because a lot of the enjoyment I get from the show is the extreme tension that builds up throughout the season. It just always keeps me guessing at what might happen next, and I'm always WRONG. The end of Season 3 is a perfect example... what masterful writing.

I generally don't rewatch shows. However if I were to, for some reason, rewatch something, it would be BB S3.

I've rewatched all of BB once through. I feel like doing it again right now.

I generally don't rewatch shows.

Neither do I. I think I've only rewatched one episode of Breaking Bad, when my brother was watching it for the first time.

The one where Hank is attacked in the parking lot. Brilliant episode.

Rewatching it from the beginning is amazing, I just did it over the last month or two. Really, really excited for the new season.

Pretty slow premier. Nothing new happened really, just showing what the reaction was to the finale, and the reaction was pretty much obvious. Even the "oh but wait, whats this guy doing?!" thing was obviously going to go nowhere, and they pretty much spoiled it right at the start with an obvious foreshadow.

All in all, episode was meh. I'm just happy its back on now.

Pretty great premier. What was terrible now was the sneak preview of The Walking Dead Season 2.

I ****ing loved that episode. The foreshadowing was pretty obvious in the final moments beforehand, but it was the way it went down that still managed to catch me by surprise.

Is TWD's sneak preview an episode or a short clip? There's no cable at my house :V

I really enjoyed that episode. I wasn't remotely surprised by the Gus thing...

I knew he was one dangerous mother****er and I knew that SOMEONE was going to end up dying. Then he started putting on the suit and I knew it would be messy. I figured he'd kill the Mexican dude because he was the only expendable, and technically he ****ed up in letting them kill Gale... so it was easy to predict. Still a totally brutal scene, I love how much emphasis this show places on extreme characterization like that. I really wonder where this season will end up going... Walt trying to kill Gus before he kills them seems EXTREMELY difficult.

I really liked the episode. It was pretty slow but so are most early season episodes... Season 3 didn't get going until halfway through the season. The little Walking Dead promo was awful though I agree... although I'm still super pumped for season 2.

Is TWD's sneak preview an episode or a short clip? There's no cable at my house :V

It was an extremely short, extremely boring clip. Basically two really, REALLY slow moving zombies walk up to the main dude, one at a time, and he kills them with a rock by hitting them in the head with it. He was in no danger at all at any point there because of how slow and non-aggressive they were. I was hoping it would inspire me to watch the new season with the new writers, but holy shit did it do the opposite.

Heres why I didn't really like this episode of Breaking Bad though.
When the "cleaner" guy asks the mexican dude if he got seen at the crime scene, I knew the mexican dude was dead. When Gus showed up I knew right away that he was going to kill the mexican guy. It was so obvious, even the "I know the steps!" shit was such an obvious farce just meant to try and throw us off the scent. The only thing I wasn't sure about was how they'd handle Jesse. When nothing happened to either Walt or Jesse I felt that it was just lame. I also got kind of bored with the Gus scene because of how they handled him getting dressed up and cleaned up. It went on for SO LONG, it was like something out of Family Guy with how prolonged it was.
Anyways, I pretty much expected most of it to happen the way it did, and I knew from the end of last season that the real interesting stuff was going to be the long term effects of pissing Gus off. So im still stoked its back on, and can't wait for next weeks episode.

It was an extremely short, extremely boring clip. Basically two really, REALLY slow moving zombies walk up to the main dude, one at a time, and he kills them with a rock by hitting them in the head with it. He was in no danger at all at any point there because of how slow and non-aggressive they were. I was hoping it would inspire me to watch the new season with the new writers, but holy shit did it do the opposite.

Heres why I didn't really like this episode of Breaking Bad though.
When the "cleaner" guy asks the mexican dude if he got seen at the crime scene, I knew the mexican dude was dead. When Gus showed up I knew right away that he was going to kill the mexican guy. It was so obvious, even the "I know the steps!" shit was such an obvious farce just meant to try and throw us off the scent. The only thing I wasn't sure about was how they'd handle Jesse. When nothing happened to either Walt or Jesse I felt that it was just lame. I also got kind of bored with the Gus scene because of how they handled him getting dressed up and cleaned up. It went on for SO LONG, it was like something out of Family Guy with how prolonged it was.
Anyways, I pretty much expected most of it to happen the way it did, and I knew from the end of last season that the real interesting stuff was going to be the long term effects of pissing Gus off. So im still stoked its back on, and can't wait for next weeks episode.
All very reasonable points. The pacing didn't bother me though, I've come to expect such things. Breaking Bad really enjoys slowing the pace down to a crawl and doing slightly artsy or even ponderous scenes like that. The effect was not lost on me, I really liked it. I should probably point out that I also completely LOVED the Fly episode last season, where a lot of people found it maddeningly dull and plodding. I thought it was one of the best episodes of Breaking Bad.

Funny. But, I feel like this significantly... significantly spoiled the hell out of what will happen to Jesse this season.

It ****ing pisses me off when they have previews during and immediately after the show. They're shot so that with any amount of thought whatsoever, you can figure out whats going to happen. Like they had a commercial right before the premier last night and I had to look away and mute the tv until it was over, and I had to scramble to find the remote when the episode ended so I could shut the tv off when the "next time on Breaking Bad!" shit started a split second after the episode ended. Almost makes it not worth watching live.

The Walking Dead preview... I too was saying, "what the ****".

It was so short, it was so pointless, it made you anticipate nothing. Dude wasn't in danger, there seemed to be no drama going on. He was just hiding and waiting to kill the zombies, as if he had a use for their corpses.

Phenomenal episode.
Not sure why Krynn's complaining about the pacing when the show has had slow moments many times before.

Phenomenal episode.
Not sure why Krynn's complaining about the pacing when the show has had slow moments many times before.

Because this one bored me due to the combination of uninteresting actions in the slow part (taking off/putting on clothes) and the wholly expected outcome.

I agree it was a bit slow but that didn't damage the episode for me in anyway since that's the usual style of breaking bad. With the murder investigation going on this season is going to be absolutely awesome, wish we didn't have to wait a week.

Interesting, given that the show seems to be doing 2 season long story arcs, so far. About how long after an episode airs does it come online?

The final shot of the episode sealed it as one of my favourites. You can see all the pain coursing through Jesse as he relives that gunshot, again, and again, and again.

One of the first scenes of this latest episode thoroughly sealed my perception of Breaking Bad to be the best series on television atm.
Walt, thinking consecutively as always, staring at the "perfect brew" coffee machine. First thinking of how novel an idea it was for Gale to create such a thing, their first cooks together, and then the down spiral of their relationship to the eventual end of Gale's innocent life. You could see the expression in Walt's face clearly change as he goes over each of those steps until he unable to face the machine any longer and must turn away.

That's ****ing gold.

Okay, what the **** is up with Skyler? She looks chubby and swollen and its weird. No time is supposed to have elapsed between season 3 and 4 and she looks entirely different to me. I thought I was just imagining it at first.

Back