Call of Duty Black Ops

intro video is hilarious, voices and personas are spot on.

still not getting the game, mind, as fun as nazi zombies is.

I'll not be buying this either, I'll go to one of infinity better zombie shooters for that kind of thing and Activision won't be getting another dime from me until they stop charging over the odds for PC games.

Haha awesome, I may just buy this now.

I love all the people who say they won't get this game but they'll inevitably play this game at their friend's house. Also I knew I was getting this game from day 1 regardless, I love COD

After being heavily disappointed by MW2(MAJOR mistake), I have to admit what I've seen so far from Black Ops looks pretty awesome. Seems much more fun-oriented than previous COD games.
Not getting it though, have enough to play for the next months, and other games on my wishlist get priority.(And, like everyone here already says, activision is wroooong)

My favorite game store over here is having an awesome promo for the game's release, any pre-orderer who answers three easy questions related to the game and the cold war, and write a short word on why they deserve the prize, can win it.

The prize? A Ural Ranger NATO 2010 motorcycle, a Cold War Red Army-style motorcycle helmet, a replica of a russian machinegun that is mounted on the motorcycle's sidecar and can be detached and finally 1000 euro worth of motorcycle classes.

Total worth of all the prizes: around 8,000 USD.

Image of another motorcycle of the same model:

b91efe3daa742e46edecf36.jpg

This really is one of the most awesome ways of promoting a games release I've seen over here in Sweden!

I hope I win.

I love all the people who say they won't get this game but they'll inevitably play this game at their friend's house. Also I knew I was getting this game from day 1 regardless, I love COD

Paying £30000+ for a game is different from not paying for it.

how on earth is ''not getting the game'' the same as playing it elsewhere? of course i'll play it, i'd be silly to pass judgement before i've even played it, i just won't be buying it.

edit: that is, at a mates house i'll play it or summit. not promoting piracy for games here.

not promoting piracy for games here.

Oh, I thought their extreme markup was so that ordinary people could pirate it. Seemed the only logical excuse for their prices.

One of the best gaming ideas since Gravity Guns and Garden Gnomes were put together.

Will I get to kill Zombies as Gerald Ford?

That intro was downright hilarious

"Someones breaking in!"
"Its just a storm dick, sit down"

Eh, am I the only one who sees it as a cheap "we're so cool!" gimmick?

Okay, that actually was pretty cool.

In case anyone is getting this on the 360, please add me, GT is Gargantou.

I will most likely be all over this game, I got all the XB360 achievements for Modern Warfare 2 for example.

In case anyone is getting this on the 360, please add me, GT is Gargantou.

I will most likely be all over this game, I got all the XB360 achievements for Modern Warfare 2 for example.

I'm adding you Gargantou.

GT - Frosted xB 04

yes eejit, you are the only one who recognizes this is a gimmick :rolleyes:

what else would it be?

...but then why are people saying they'll buy it due to such a cheap gimmick?

Because this is all mainstream gaming is these days.

<insert huge rant>

If you were already on the fence and if you appreciate this kind of humor, the video might bring you closer to a purchase. For me personally this game mode isn't the main reason to buy it, simply a reason.

because they like it

i don't know what's difficult to understand here.

An infinite number of levels with a ton of guns doing nothing but shooting zombies and seeing how long you can survive?

To a lot of people, that sounds pretty awesome.

Yes, and a lot of people enjoyed Meet the Spartans.

****ing NIXON?

ROFLMFAO.

I am SOOO buying this game. **** the COD haters. This game is now made of LOLWTFWIN.

I'm gonna go ahead and call it that at least someone (family or otherwise) will complain about these people being portrayed like this in the game.

Unless people actually think it's cool. Which they do.

Honestly I don't see this as something that would convince me if I was on the fence, but it's a nice touch. In any case, it doesn't seem like they wanted people to know about this since they've been taking down the videos wherever they're leaked, so I doubt it was really meant as a marketing gimmick.

Calm down Combine Hybrid!

No other people getting it on the 360 besides me and Frosted?

I don't like how often these characters seem to throw out one-liners. But otherwise it looks really solid. I... may actually buy this one.

If I bought it, it'd be after it'd had been confirmed by friends it was a good game.

Although there doesn't seem much point; I'd have to shell out another £40 in 6 months time for a minor improvement.

Damn Amazon running out of the Hardened edition's preorders. What should I do? Should I buy the $60 version and get the $20 credit and hope I can get the 4 co-op map packs after the game is released? Or should I just wait for the Hardened edition to be able to buy on there after the actual release?

:( I don't know what to do!

get normal and buy the maps when they are released, simple

Back