Came a f*cking brick, or, Dead Space 2 on this month's GI

Tollbooth Willie

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2009/12/07/february-cover-revealed.aspx

and this

http://gameinformer.com/mag/deadspace2.aspx

Fuuuuuuuuuuck year. God damn the armor looks more badassed than the old mining/engineer's armor.

Game Informer’s January cover story explores the cold and terrifying corners of space with EA and Visceral Games’ Dead Space 2.

After the success of the original Dead Space, gamers have been waiting patiently for a sequel to continue the series’ unique blend of horror and dismemberment-focused gunplay. Electronic Arts finally made the official announcement of Dead Space 2, and we go in-depth with 10 pages of exclusive details on what awaits Isaac Clarke in his new battle against the vicious necromorphs.

While you’re waiting for your issue, be sure to check out our Dead Space 2 hub for features that will refresh your memory on the lore of the Dead Space universe and provide insight into the development team’s horror inspirations. As the month goes on, we’ll add new features that delve deeper into the characters and gameplay, giving you a complete picture of how the team at Visceral Games is evolving the concept of interactive horror.

Here's the front cover:
3618.DeadSpace2cover.jpg

Nice :D

New armour looks good but obviously loses the everyman appearance isaac had in the first game kitting him out essentially. Meaning if dead space 1 was alien then dead space 2 could be aliens **** YEA! :D

I'm surprised he's still in this game actually :|

It's already bought in my book, the first one was a brilliant surprise.

I got bored 20 mins into the first one and quit :|

It's already bought in my book, the first one was a brilliant surprise.

same here
in fact, I might pick up the original for PC during steam's end of the year sale
just to keep me going til 2's out :p

I'm going to play it again after playing uncharted 2 (but i've still not played l4d2 either i can't be bothered :( )

I really should go back and finish the first one. I liked it alot but just got a bit bored of the ship CONSISTENTLY FALLING TO BITS.

Dead Space was ****ing awful.

I spent an 60% of the game screaming "She's ****ing dead you ****ing moron" at the screen.

I've heard of Dead Space, but never played it or have even seen any footage of it.

Really enjoyed the first, was very freaky and tense a good number of the times and the action satisfyingly savage xD Can't wait for the second, although I find the armor in game one, especially after a few upgrades, was better.

I haven't played the first one - I understand the control scheme doesn't lend itself to WASD+mouse well (or have I been misled)?

Also, is it just me, or haven't we heard from Feath for a long time?

I got bored 20 mins into the first one and quit :|

This.

Only it was more like 3-4 hours. Too slow, with cheap scares that piss me off rather than impress me.

And the new armor looks like he just rolled around in a landfill with duct tape wrapped around him and anything that stuck is now his armor.

Dead Space was ****ing awful.

I spent an 60% of the game screaming "She's ****ing dead you ****ing moron" at the screen.

Big stone alien dick makes d00ds crazy, yo.

Though seriously, I thought Isaac died at the end of the first one?!

Big stone alien dick makes d00ds crazy, yo.

Though seriously, I thought Isaac died at the end of the first one?!
It's a little ambiguous. He could have been hallucinating, if not he probably ****ed that shit up.

For the record, that's actually part of the plot, and Isaac's character. You're on what seems to be a suicidal quest after her.

playing through DeadSpace again right now acutally, cannot wait for this!

What's with the orange brick bursting forth from his chest? Looks kind of awkward.

For the record, that's actually part of the plot, and Isaac's character. You're on what seems to be a suicidal quest after her.

But you're a silent character. So he's a conduit for you but it doesn't end up being like that. The developers completely failed to make me think the same way. It's like if Gordon had a journal during Episode 2 that said stuff like "I hate that bitch, Alyx. I wish she would just ****ing shut up. The slut".

Really, I'd have been a lot more invested in the idea of her being alive if it was more ambiguous. If you got on the ship and there were some survivors littered about, you would think "Oh man, she could be alive".

Instead of these survivors, everyone is just dead. Well, apart from the people standing around with Necromorphs waiting for you to come round the corner just so they can be killed.

I Am looking forward to it. The first one was a pleasant surprise. Especially the PC version.

The first game couldn't hold my interest, I get completely bored of these "You're alone, now go through the shit" games.

Need an NPC squad or partner with me nowadays.

Co-op.

stuck on this guy from the 1st game and haven't touched it since! i should finish this someday
dead_space_chapter_6_leviathan.jpg

epic, cant wait!!!

The first game turned my huge manly penis into a tight shut vagina

No matter how hard you thrust Warped, its too tightly sealed you will never be able to penetrate.

Hopefully they'll make it an actual horror this time around, because DS1 was seriously lacking in that respect.

For a game so heavily based on System Shock 2, the developers certainly forgot to take inspiration from its method of invoking fear and dread in the player.

I enjoyed most of the first one, though I had some problems with it. Mainly the cheap scares just seemed repetitive after the first few hours. It also bummed me out a bit that the gun you start with is the best one in the game. There was a lot about it that I really liked though. I'll certainly end up checking this out.

I line cutter was by far the best weapon.

The weapons were the best thing about the game even though alot seemed like only slight variations of a previous one.

Still, the game was pretty mediocre imo. Not understanding all the praise.

I cant understand how some of you didnt like the game, how the hell did you play it? In daylight on a shitty 15" screen? Maybe its just me and my childhood fears that ****ed me up so bad that made me enjoy this game. Played most of it on a 52" screen, in the dark, ALONE, with headphones turned up loud.

My pants became a market for buying bricks.

EDIT: Although if you played it on a console i can understand, i tried it on a friends 360 and the shit sucked balls.

Hmm, I guess I will need to pick up the first one for PC soon as well. When is that sale again? :naughty:

Back