Chell daughter of Cave Johnson theory put to rest

R

Resonance_Gamer

This theory is very incorrect because of how the Half-Life/Portal timeline is set out:

Late 1980's (so 1986 - 1989): Cave Johnson dies
200X (presumed to be 2003 due to Raising the Bar): Bring Your Daughter to Work Day, Rise of GLaDOS, and Black Mesa Incident
2010: Portal 1

Based on the science project for BYODTW made by Chell seen in Portal 2, she was about 10-ish in 2003.

2003 - 10 = 1993, 7 - 4 years after Cave Johnson's death.

Thus, Chell is not related to Cave Johnson whatsoever.

EDIT: Also, Chell's race

She's Brazilian/Japanese, Cave is American

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even know this was a theory... but what an awful reality this theory suggests... you company runs out of money sooooooo you put your own daughter as a test subject!? And you know all the terrible crap your own company does.

I didn't even know this was a theory... but what an awful reality this theory suggests... you company runs out of money sooooooo you put your own daughter as a test subject!? And you know all the terrible crap your own company does.

Chell was adopted by a staff member of Aperture (who presumably died during GLaDOS' rise), and taken to work during "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day". She wasn't brought in as a test subject. GLaDOS herded up the survivors and put them in test chambers for backlog testing.

She wasn't brought in as a test subject.

No I'm talking about in the "cave johnson is chell's father theory." No need to correct me, I made it clear that I didn't believe that by saying "That theory suggest that"
I was just trying to point out that Cave didn't seem like that bad of a dad.

No need to correct me, I made it clear that I didn't believe that by saying "That theory suggest that"
I was just trying to point out that Cave didn't seem like that bad of a dad.

Woops, sorry, I think I read it in a wrong context or something XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice catch. Never really thought about that myself. I would think Valve knows their own timelines, lol.

Although he died before her birth doesn't mean he couldn't have impregnated Chell's mother first.

Back