Community Member Perspective: On Top of the Rock

rec

Reaction score
In my previous news post on the topic of ATi's Alcatraz event I noted that one of HalfLife2.Net's forum participants, dbsynergy, had managed to find his way into the event, document it, and record over 40 minutes of footage from the event including Gabe Newell's presentation about some of the technology behind Half-Life 2.

Dbsynergy recently converted the footage into DivX format, and FileShack have been kind enough to mirror the 240mb file for you all to download and view. Enjoy.

He does look very unsettled in that video, doesn't he? This is understandable however. :)

any torrent links. ... for some reason the folks from fileshack don't think i should dl the file....

He used that same line in his post on this forum, which I read before watching the Alcatraz video. :)

Hmm, it's not the whole speach from gabe, would be cool if there were a full video released with the showing of hl2.

Damnit. I registered there, but when I shoose "Get in Line" I get "Bad password!"...

Can someone be nice and send it to me instead?

You're not missing much tbh. It's just commercial speeches from ATI, Dell, Asus and Valve. The least boring part would be Gabe Newell's speech, but it actually cuts before the end.

Oh, I got it now. And why did the film have to ran out when the MAN himselfs speaks?? :) I think he's funny too :) Anyway, wasnt anything new I guess, and just a bunch of ATI partnership..

If it wheren't for the leak of the Source code, that would have looked soooooo promising. :(

Back