Congrats to the New York Yankees

johnnypoopoopant said:
go boston...that was a great comeback(however you spell it)

boston have not gotton a chance to go to the world series since they traded babe ruth to the yankees, i wonder if there is a riot there in boston?

You guys are way off. Boston has had numerous trips to the world series since 1918. They've just never WON a ws since then. (1986-Bucky *Bleepin* Dent)

DarkStar said:
I didn't read the entire thread but all I have to say is.....YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

One example: You say the yankees are pure class. Okay. Then how about game 6 where yankess fans started throwing shit on the field and trashing their own ballpark. So much so that they had to call out the RIOT POLICE to restore order. That's real classy.

Dumbass.

I addressed this already in the thread. Maybe you should read it before calling me a dumbass.

Aren't ya glad ya bought A-rod?

lmao

or is it Cheat-rod? Gay-rod? Can't remember....

oh ya its "welcome to the yankees, sorry but you won't have a ring"-rod

Okay, I went back and found your post where you "address" the incidents of Game 6.

CptHawkeye said:
And just to address the baseball throwing incident at the staidum in game 6, unlike most of you, my family was there. While FoxSports lovs to make it sound like every single fan in the seats was throwing a bowling ball, the reality was that not more than a hundred (out of 55,000) threw baseballs. While the rest of the stadium shouted to them "Dont do it."

But of course, facts have no meaning to you people.

How exactly does that make it okay? The fact remains that after Arod bitch slapped Arroyo, yankees fans started throwing shit onto the field. The number of items is totally inconsequential, that kind of stuff doesn't happen at Fenway. The entire incident with Arod and the riot police and taking the Sox off the field made the whole yankees orginization look HORRIBLE.

Oh, and it was not just baseballs and it was definitely more than 100. Just because we weren't there doesn't mean we're blind buddy. I've NEVER seen riot police called out onto the field during a game before. It's not something they do on a whim.

Oh, did you notice the yankees fan that threw a baseball at Damon late in game 7? I guess he was upset that Johhny Baseball hit a f*cking Grand Slam to drive that final nail in the yankees coffin. Better luck next year bud!

Putz said:
or is it Cheat-rod? Gay-rod? Can't remember....

The maturity level of you people is simply astounding. Gay-rod? Nice.

DarkStar said:
The number of items is totally inconsequential, that kind of stuff doesn't happen at Fenway.

Is that so? So explain to me why they now have security guards around the vistors bullpen on all corners. I cant seem to remember why....

Oh wait, I do. 1999, or it may have been 2000, David Wells was throwing in the bullpen getting ready for the game, when a Boston fan started harassing verbally, particularly degrading which recently deceased mother (two months prior). When David refused to give the desired reaction, we had beers bumped on his head and was hit with a bottle.

Hate to break it to you, but there aint no halo on your head.

CptHawkeye said:
Hate to break it to you, but there aint no halo on your head.
quit acting like anyone else (besides new yorkers, who are loud, rappers, who are stupid, and people who like the logo) likes the yankees. they, and especially their fans, are a poop stain on the underwear of baseball.

lol get over it captain hawk your precious 500 million dollar yankees lost.

KidRock said:
lol get over it captain hawk your precious 500 million dollar yankees lost.

Close, but not close: 170million

gh0st said:
quit acting like anyone else (besides new yorkers, who are loud, rappers, who are stupid, and people who like the logo) likes the yankees. they, and especially their fans, are a poop stain on the underwear of baseball.

I know that the rest of the country hates the Yankees, and I really couldnt care less. Yankees have done so much not only for major league baseball, but for the city of New York.

I like to equate it to how the rest of the world (on the whole) hates America, because of our success and finances. The Yankees, like America, are hated because of their success and their cash supply.

And lemme just address the issue of the "buying a championship" thing quickly. George Steinbrenner, a man many like to call the devil, is one of those only owners in the game willing to take such a large portion of his own income and devote it to putting a winning team on the field for his city. You honestly think other owners cant afford doing the same thing? Dont make me laugh. Of course they can afford it, but many are unwilling to part with their own precious cash supply and invest it back into the team. Look up the stats: others could do the same, but no one chooses to. Steinbrenner is the least selfish owner in baseball.

CptHawkeye said:
Close, but not close: 170million

I know that the rest of the country hates the Yankees, and I really couldnt care less. Yankees have done so much not only for major league baseball, but for the city of New York.

I like to equate it to how the rest of the world (on the whole) hates America, because of our success and finances. The Yankees, like America, are hated because of their success and their cash supply.

And lemme just address the issue of the "buying a championship" thing quickly. George Steinbrenner, a man many like to call the devil, is one of those only owners in the game willing to take such a large portion of his own income and devote it to putting a winning team on the field for his city. You honestly think other owners cant afford doing the same thing? Dont make me laugh. Of course they can afford it, but many are unwilling to part with their own precious cash supply and invest it back into the team. Look up the stats: others could do the same, but no one chooses to. Steinbrenner is the least selfish owner in baseball.

ok so what exactly are you trying to prove? The yankees lost..

Right, because Steinbrenner doesn't make every dime back 10fold.

He runs his team like a business, and some don't like it like that.

I'm glad the red sox won, but I have nothing against the Yankees. Their coaches/players are all top notch. Hats off to the Yankees for their great season, and hats off to the Red Sox for pulling off the only win of its kind. Ever.

people hate the yankees because they have a pussy pretty boy attitude, like gay-rod when he slapped the ball out of the guys hand. money doesnt have much to do with it. seeing those jerks who are so used to having their championships bought for them, and brought on a silver platter, now have a faceful of their own shit. its beautiful.

Am I the only one who hates Jeter with a passion?

He's one of those guys who just thinks he's better than everyone.

I'm so glad the Yankees lost.

Baal said:
no, you definatly are not. when he got thrown out at first, the expression he made as he turned around to see he was out was priceless. what a girly man.

no video, heres a picture though

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/images/redSox/slap10202004.jpg

oh, and not to mention

As the bizarre play continued, Jeter raced all the way around to score and A-Rod moved to second. Fortunately for the Red Sox, the umpiring crew quickly huddled and ruled interference on Rodriguez, meaning he was out and Jeter had to return to first - a key turn of events in the Sox' series-tying victory.
Yankee Stadium fans littered the field with baseballs, beers and assorted other junk. Their reaction was predictable, but not Rodriguez'.
"I was perplexed by the situation,'' said the third baseman. "Maybe I should have just run him over. They said I could have ran him over, but can't go out of my way to knock the ball out of his hand. I know the line belongs to me. But once I tried to knock the ball out of his hand, the rule goes against me.''

Oh are the Yankee fans still crying? The pain has been over for a day now too. Hmm you know what, I proclaim an end to the Curse of the Bambino, and a beginning of the Curse of Greed. Have fun with it Yankee fans.

Oh and the better team doesnt lose 4 straight, 2 at home and 2 in extra innings. Even after the game Jeter was the usual little bitch we have come to know in Boston.

Baal said:

OK, well besides his looks (which are better than all of us combined), find me a quote where he has said anything other than positive comments for his team or the opposing.

I dare you.

CptHawkeye said:
OK, well besides his looks (which are better than all of us combined), find me a quote where he has said anything other than positive comments for his team or the opposing.

I dare you.

"The better team doesnt always win"

After they just lost their 4th straight game to the Sox after going up 3-0. Just give Boston the ups and move on. I dont expect any less from him though. Little cry baby.

CptHawkeye said:
OK, well besides his looks (which are better than all of us combined).
i think this is a better quote, it indicates your not only a yankees fan, youre a gay yankees fan.

gh0st said:
i think this is a better quote, it indicates your not only a yankees fan, youre a gay yankees fan.
LOL too bad for him ARod and Jeter already have a thing going on.

seinfeldrules said:
LOL too bad for him ARod and Jeter already have a thing going on.
jeter must get slapped richard simmons-esque a lot

gh0st said:

Wow, just wow. How old are you?

And as to that "better team" quote, what is wrong with calling your team the best team? Everyone does that. Its not like he came out and said: "Somehow, the crappiest team won this game"

*EDIT*: I also cant help but notice that the two most ignorant people (making the gay jokes) are also Bush supporters. But we can save that for another thread.

CptHawkeye said:
Wow, just wow. How old are you?
wow jeter, then me? i dont like having big hairy new yorkers asking me how old i am in the internet, sorry.

gh0st said:
wow jeter, then me? i dont like having big hairy new yorkers asking me how old i am in the internet, sorry.

Fair enough then, just know that you act like a child.

For the record, I'm a 17year old Pennsylvanian.

And as to that "better team" quote, what is wrong with calling your team the best team? Everyone does that. Its not like he came out and said: "Somehow, the crappiest team won this game"

They just lost 4 straight games in the postseason when up 3-0. It has never happened in over 100 years of baseball. No need to claim that you are the better team when you clearly arent.

CptHawkeye said:
Fair enough then, just know that you act like a child.

For the record, I'm a 17year old Pennsylvanian.

well go work on your farm then you hillbilly pennsylvanian

KidRock said:
well go work on your farm then you hillbilly pennsylvanian
Oh. My. Gosh.

That was the most immature thing ever. You are so immature. I cannot get over how immature you are. How old are you? Yankee's rock *throws pastromi at baseball players*

Well, hopefully those quietly watching this thread will see the asburdity and immaturity in these three. So I'm washing my hands of this thread, unless it should somehow get onto the subject of baseball. Until then, enjoy your ignorance.

gh0st said:
Oh. My. Gosh.

That was the most immature thing ever. You are so immature. I cannot get over how immature you are. How old are you? Yankee's rock *throws pastromi at baseball players*

hahahahaha :LOL:

CptHawkeye said:
Well, hopefully those quietly watching this thread will see the asburdity and immaturity in these three. So I'm washing my hands of this thread, unless it should somehow get onto the subject of baseball. Until then, enjoy your ignorance.

:( your off my christmas list!

CptHawkeye said:
OK what do you want to discuss?

Rivera blowing 2 straight saves?

Yankees blowing a 3-0 lead for the first time in history?

Jeter commiting 3 errors that cost the Yanks big?

ARod cheating on national TV?

The demolishing Game 7 loss?

Oh and then there is the 180 million dollar payroll they couldnt win with.

seinfeldrules said:

Would love to. But I'll have to respond in the morning, assuming the thread hasnt been locked by then. Gotta get to sleep, you know you gotta get up real early on a farm...

Baal said:

hmm.. i think u are confusing Jeter with A-Rod.
Derek Jeter is a classy player.. i don't think he would do the same as what A-Rod did with the whole trying to slap the ball out of the glove thingy.

anyway thats my opinion.

seinfeldrules said:

CptHawkeye said:
Would love to. But I'll have to respond in the morning, assuming the thread hasnt been locked by then. Gotta get to sleep, you know you gotta get up real early on a farm...

You have no response. You're getting owned in this thread just like the Red Sox owned the yankees. Give it up.

Back