Could someone do me a HUGE favor please?

PieceofPEEEZ

Reaction score
Hey everybody

Could someone please:

• 1. Go on Half Life 2
• 2. Get to the Route Kanal section
• 3. The part where there's the spinning thing in the water and you have to dive underwater and swim into the door in the wall, save it there.
• 4. Ensure all your settings are on maximum, that includes both audio and video.
• 5. Just before you get to the combine guys that release the exploding barrels at you, I need you to look very carefully and see if the game freezes for about a half a second or a second.

A video would be nice aswell, but if that's too much then no worries. So just get to that bit, and see if the game hangs for a second, it's a very short amount of time so you need to make sure you're focused on watching the screen. Then whatever the result, come back on here and tell me what it is.

Thank you.

Let me be the first to say: wat? Could you elaborate a bit more on what you're trying to achieve?

He basically wants to see if everyone has this absolutely tiny stutter in one really specific part of the game or if it's just him.

There's probably a tiny stutter as the scripted animation begins - ie the exploding barrels spawn as props, and fly out from the truck.

This thread is strange.

There's probably a tiny stutter as the scripted animation begins - ie the exploding barrels spawn as props, and fly out from the truck.

This thread is strange.

By "probably" do you mean there is indeed a stutter?

Holy hell is this pedantic.

And I know pedantic.

Stuttering has been a bug in the source engine since forever (it was a huge problem at HL2 launch) and it's probably just you. The engine can hang for a brief second while doing stuff like retrieving unplayed sounds from the gcf and loading them into memory, scripts starting, etc.

And I know pedantic.

So do I.
UvMuW.jpg

Ok, I cleaned up the original post a little bit for some people. I appreciate all of the replies, but I do still need someone to do an official experiment and see if that stutter is there. Thank you.

I'm gunna need a methodology and ethics review before I start undertaking experiments for randoms on the Internet :S

I just tested it and I got no stutter, is this helpful for your experiment Piece?

I just ran Glenn's post through a lie detector test and it failed, is this helpful for your experiment Piece?

I was doing route kanal last night, but then I got sidetracked. I'll try finishing it tonight because **** I have nothing else to do but humor random people on the internet.

Dont forget to record it. He needs an official video for this ground breaking experiment

I know of someone who attempted this very feat once, it ended with his entire family DEAD.

I don't trust this guy one bit.

I just tested it and I got no stutter, is this helpful for your experiment Piece?

Yeah thanks for that.

Looking to get around 10 people to do the same, so whoever has HL2 and wouldn't mind doing this then that'd be great. Thank you.

I'm on it mate. Well done for testing with at least 10 subjects; just 1 would be beyond idiotic!

Yeah thanks for that.

Looking to get around 10 people to do the same, so whoever has HL2 and wouldn't mind doing this then that'd be great. Thank you.
If I did it 9 more times would that be sufficient? I've got the time.

I just got 9 "people" to test it but two got in a fight over who should eat the last pretzel and messed up the experiment. The results came back as deliciously inconclusive.

So you're asking 10 people to do you a huge favor for you, now I'm interested in knowing if that's the same as one person doing 10 huge favors for you, could anyone help me run an experiment on that?

Back