CS:GO Release Date August 21st - Pre-order Now on Steam

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
The official Counter-Strike blog has been updated with a little banner proclaiming that the game will be simultaneously released on Steam, XBox Live Arcade and Playstation Network on the 21st of August. Preorders should be available from the Steam store page sometime later today and from the PSN store from the 14th.

CSGO_Blog_Snipe.png
The game brings modern features to the classic Counter-Strike gameplay including ranked matchmaking to bring together players of equal skill-levels, casual and competitive modes and the new Arms Race mode. Please note that cross-platform play has been dropped as a feature. If you buy the Steam version you will not be able to play with your friends on PSN.​
Pre-order the game from the Steam store page as soon as it become available!​

I'm anxious to see the 8 new player models. I enjoyed the beta enough to most likely pre-order.

Yeah this game is really not ready for public consumption.

Well, it sound tempting, it's been years since I played CS or CS:S, still I need to check some gameplay first :)

I feel conflicted, is it really a reskinned CSS that I've seen from the videos?

I pre-ordered it because even CS:S I played a lot of (not as much as 1.6) but I still got my moneys worth. Think I even bought CS:S for $10 back in the day which was a steal considering I still play it from time to time

I feel conflicted, is it really a reskinned CSS that I've seen from the videos?
If you thought CSS was "a reskinned CS1.6", then my answer is "yes".

If you thought CSS was "a pile of shit with the CS name on it", then my answer is "No, it's more like 1.6 than Source".

If you thought CSS was "a reskinned CS1.6", then my answer is "yes".

If you thought CSS was "a pile of shit with the CS name on it", then my answer is "No, it's more like 1.6 than Source".

From what I read its been getting alot of flame for not being very competitive (compared to other CS games) and being more console friendly (judging from the UI). Even John Carmack took a dig at it (don't quote me on it).

But it being 13 dollars, not much to lose. :)

Most of the "it's not competitive!" complaints are basically, "It's different from the 1.6 metagame and therefore is bad!" I'm the kind of person who thought Source was pretty shitty within the first 30 seconds of gameplay, and I am very confident in saying that GO is closer to 1.6 than it is to Source. It's a lot of fun. I hated CSS. No, let me try that again - I actively hate CSS. CS1.6 is fun. CS:GO is fun. It's probably worth it.

Back