Damn Popups!!!

i've noticed them lately. they're pop-unders, actually. for me, anyway.

are there pop up ads on this site?

I've noticed this annoying pop-up every other day that I visit this site. I have IE set to block all pop ups but this one still shows up.

Do I have a spyware (spybot didn't find a thing) or is it part of the ad campaign on this site?

There is already a thread on this. And I think you already knew that.

Danimal said:
There is already a thread on this. And I think you already knew that.

Couldn't you just ban him for this, forever? Please? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!?

Munro said:
Although I haven't seen any popups yet I wouldn't be surprised if there was one. For some reason the ad company is showing adverts I have banned from the system so anything could show up.

I've had a buncha popups, even getting past my Firefox built in popup blocker thing or whatever. I dunno. Make them go away pweeze?

I got a popup asking whether I wanted to meet black singles :|

I didn't come to this site to date, and it was embarassing when my mom happened to see it.

I'm getting them as well - this must be stopped.

I'll post in the staff forum, and if Munro doesn't fix it within a couple of days I'll just remove all the ads until he pays attention :D

Still waiting for a response :/

Can you write down the popup advert URLs for me as it will help.

Thats not a spyware popup, need more then just one link.

What's the links, then?

Interesting. No pop-ups with Firefox. Though it did block some shitty popups.

i getting the same redirect
because I'm at work I can't download stuff like anti virus without approval (especially as internet use is verboten)
makes the site unbrowsable

No popups here. I'd call the ****in company and beat their heads to a bloody pulp. Yet I have no pop-ups.

No pop-ups here thanks to the adblock extension in Firefox

It's hard to distinguish the spyware I already have from any popups from this site :p

99.vikram said:
It's hard to distinguish the spyware I already have from any popups from this site :p
hahah :p you do realize that spyware is a bad thing that you should try to eliminate?

it can really mess up your computer, so if you know it's there, it's probably a good idea to do something about it. ad-aware and spybot is a good combo.

Riomhaire said:
post this for me please:

sortthisout0if.png

please
and tell them since that came up I can't go to any HL2.net page

:|

Points to remember:

1. Always use a Firewall (anything other than XP's default one which is a total waste of time).

2. Always use Anti-Virus software (this and firewall are quite often combined in one package).

3. Use a proper web browser like Firefox or Opera which are good at preventing pop-ups.

4. If you do use Firefox, well done. You can also make the web nearly ad-free by using Adblock Plus in combination with the Adblock Filterset.

I use Firefox, ZoneAlarm and both of the extensions linked above, and see nearly no adverts or pop-ups ever on the web. The Mate1 adverts and ones you see above the news items/forums are completely gone! :D

Hooray for Firefox :bounce:

EDIT: I'm sure some will have already seen these, but have a look at the adverts on www.apple.com. Rofl - it's so true, so true :D

Make sure you click 'All the reasons you'll love a Mac', then 'See All the Ads' to surprisingly enough, see all the ads!

Just so you know I can view this site again, though it doesn't change the fact that I was attacked, by this site!

HL2.net is trying to kill us all!!!

edit: Riomhaire has asked me to tell you all that he has been 'attacked again' by the site and cannot access hl2.net pages. He has gone to defcon 2 and deployed 80% of his armed forces.

Quick! Start breeding all you Internet Explorer users before the spyware infects you all, and the mods set-up an anti IE field around halflife2.net :cheese:

its definitely these forums/website, I just reformatted my pc here at work and first time visiting I got a popup so dont tell me it is because im infested with spyware.

I just went through my Norton virus thing and I've got tons of attempted connections from hl2.net...

I have no Viruses, Spyware, Or anything. Your all n00bs :D lucky me.

I've tried ad-aware, there's still some crap I can't get rid of. I've installed a firewall since.

I've had no problems with the site so far. I use the Maxthon browser, in combination with ZoneAlarm. It's really nice not to see the advertisements or popups.

I have no problems with this site either. I use Firefox.

I use Firefox, Zonealarm and am 100% spyware free. And I get popups and popunders here.

ComradeBadger said:
I use Firefox, Zonealarm and am 100% spyware free. And I get popups and popunders here.

Really? That's weird man. I have never had any popup problems on this site.

Back