Dexter Season 6

Yeah, he said that, but he only thought that because Travis looked up to the second story and made Dexter think Geller had just been there.

I thought it happened like that, couldn't remember exactly. Although for him to automatically assume Geller was what caught Travis's eye was a bit odd. He could have said "I may have just been caught". But, I could see the writers having Dexter phrase it that way to throw us watchers off the trail so that the "twist" would be more fo a surprise, it wasn't, though.

Oh.
wow.
totally did
not see
that twist
coming!
!
!

I believe he had asked Travis where Geller was, and thats when Travis gave the "behind you" look. Idunno, seemed like a natural conclusion to me

It would be a natural conclusion, I guess, given that sequence of events. It could have been any number of things, but yeah that was probably the most logical assumption (of course it was a wrong one).

Anyway, one thing that bugs me is Deb keeps referring to the ICK as Rudy. Maybe she doesn't want to use his real name because it reminds her of his connection with Dexter.

I think the story would have been better if he were real. I'm also wondering what part the babysitter is going to play in this season. She's gotten way too much screentime for a random, so it seems to me like she'll factor into a big event somehow.

Anyway, one thing that bugs me is Deb keeps referring to the ICK as Rudy. Maybe she doesn't want to use his real name because it reminds her of his connection with Dexter.

Or perhaps it's simply because Rudy is the name she knew him by and associates with him...

Yeah, probably. I just have a penchant for fixating on irrelevant details.

Wormwood? The season could end on a very intense note. Not to mention Deb is closing in on Captain Matthews, but who knows where that will lead and it might not get resolved this season. How could I forget Angel's predicament? I wonder if there'll be a death of a major character? Angel's a possibility, but if wormwood is successfully deployed at the police department, well it really would depend whos at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyone else watch last night's episode?

I'm still not clear on the cause of Deb's panic attack in the Church. Is it a foreshadowing of something to come, a reaction to something in her past like Dexter's was, or was it just a conjured up reason to show how Dexter makes her feel safe?

Also, I knew Quinn was going to get Batista in trouble, but what Travis said afterwards took me completely by surprise. Shit is going to be crazy in these last two episodes.

The shit will be even more crazy if wormwood is even semi-successfully put in place at miami metro.

I'm going to be honest, this is probably the worst season of Dexter so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm hooked and I enjoy watching it for the most part, but the writers are getting super lazy. None of the "twists" were the least bit surprising this season and overall the writing for the dialogue and plot is pretty bad compared to past seasons. The only thing this season really has going for it are good supporting actors and the fact that the main characters are still great and we're all still heavily invested in them.

The last two episodes are going to be interesting though, considering how the rest of the season has been largely predictable and masturbatory on the writer's parts up to this point.

This show is a joke now, I can't take it seriously at all.

Well I'm still holding to the theory of odd numbered seasons >>> even numbered.

Hopefully the last couple of eps are awesome enough to redeem this rather hum-drum season.

I'm going to be honest, this is probably the worst season of Dexter so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm hooked and I enjoy watching it for the most part, but the writers are getting super lazy. None of the "twists" were the least bit surprising this season and overall the writing for the dialogue and plot is pretty bad compared to past seasons. The only thing this season really has going for it are good supporting actors and the fact that the main characters are still great and we're all still heavily invested in them.

The last two episodes are going to be interesting though, considering how the rest of the season has been largely predictable and masturbatory on the writer's parts up to this point.

Even worse than season 5? In some ways these two seasons are similarly awful. I'm re-evaluating my opinion of this season from "really decent" to " merely okay...with some awful mixed in". I'm not sure, but didn't the Dexter team bring some new writers on board since season 5? This could explain a dip in writing quality. Someone else made a good point earlier, the characters are becoming vehicles for the plot, rather than staying true to themselves. There's been points this season where I thought to myself "why...did Dexter just say that?"

Well I'm still holding to the theory of odd numbered seasons >>> even numbered.

I still maintain that the first season was among the best, if not the best season. While I understand many people had issues with the second one, the show just felt less and less natural after it.

I saw the leaked premiere and it was really good imo. Most of these only on for a season extras tend to be very shallow, Brother Sam at least has layers to his character. Last season was dead last in quality compared to other seasons.

So, uh.... god damn. A lot of shit happened in this episode that I wasn't expecting. In my opinion, this was probably one of the best episodes in the show. That bit with Deb and the shrink... and then the dream... uh what. I never would have guessed that this show would go there.

Great episode, just awesome, and the preview for the finale makes it seem like the last episode will be a game-changer. Yeah, I wasn't expecting the bit with Deb's dream, definitely a curve ball. Then there was the part about Captain Matthews. Finally, I think Louis is being built up to be a bigger part of the story, it's just a suspicion, but they've been hinting at it all season, in ways I'm too lazy to type right now. Anyway, I would second the notion that this was one of the best episodes, which actually surprised the hell outta me.

After some thought though, I was a bit disappointed by how they handled... well... pretty much everything with DDK.
For one, everything thats been happening in that story line has been typical. Quinn busting in to save Batista in the nick of time, Dexter saving the whole police station in the nick of time (though I now understand that it was a catalyst for other things), and how Dexter escaped by diving out of the boat in the nick of time. Its all a little cliche, and I feel like it was cheap. At least one of those HUGE things should have had serious consequences.

But I feel like Dexter's storyline is sort of a sideshow for all the other, far more interesting developments. Deb's whole load of crazy shit happening to her this season with Matthews, Louis, Quinn's ****ups, etc. I know Louis is going to be a big part of next season, but hopefully most of this sideline stuff doesn't just magically get resolved in next week's finale, and continues to be explored deeper.

I still like this show and although this season is predictable it is still entertaining. Sometimes to enjoy shows though you shouldn't just constantly think about what will happen next. Just try to watch the show and soak it in

I still like this show and although this season is predictable it is still entertaining. Sometimes to enjoy shows though you shouldn't just constantly think about what will happen next. Just try to watch the show and soak it in
So you expected
that Deb wants to bang Dexter?

I wonder what the "shocking revelation" will be. It better be shocking...or else.

Well DDK does have Dexter's face painted on a wall... that could be hard to explain.

I doubt they'll even find his new hideout though. Travis is becoming much less predictable now that hes officially batshit.

Well DDK does have Dexter's face painted on a wall... that could be hard to explain.

Not too difficult though. Dex could easily excuse it by DDK having somehow figured out that it was him who foiled Wormwood, hence painting him and explojing him.

Ep was an improvement but I still don't like this season all that much.
And they very nearly went too far.

This episode was kind of weird. Went a bit overboard with near death(the gas bomb thing), Deb suddenly realizing the loves Dexter, Dexter nearly getting killed all crammed in a single episode.. wtf

I think this season changes between "good" and "not making sense", kinda hoping for them to finish the series with this season to be honest.

Well, I preferred the frantic pace of the most recent episode in comparison to the slowing-to-a-crawl feel of previous ones.

This episode was kind of weird. Went a bit overboard with near death(the gas bomb thing), Deb suddenly realizing the loves Dexter, Dexter nearly getting killed all crammed in a single episode.. wtf

I think this season changes between "good" and "not making sense", kinda hoping for them to finish the series with this season to be honest.

I think it has already been renewed for 2 more seasons.

I think this is a pretty good season. Way better then last season where the writers seemed to constantly put Dexter in inescapable situation, and then suddenly he would some how escape, to the point where I was yelling at the screen every time they started doing it.

Those two seasons have been said to be most likely be the "swan song" of Dexter.

Shit. Didn't see that coming. Next series should be fun...

well they finally did it, they finally

involved deb.

cool, i guess! was expecting some more information about the lab intern guy and the hand, perhaps even the angel's sister as there was a fair amount of focus on the two of them, but oh well... perhaps they'll carry over to the next season.

Well they finally did it, they finally really did it..

statue-of-liberty-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

You maniacs! You blew it up!

Holy fuckballs, I did not see that one coming. This is gonna be interesting for sure. Can't wait until the next season.

Wow, they couldn't even handle
Deb finding out
properly, that was such a boring episode.
And for Christ's sake, the
forced incest moments with Deb are so nauseatingly retarded... where the hell did that even come from?

This show is such a god damned joke now.

@ Lucid: u dum. It happened right at the end, how could you say they "couldn't handle it" when it happened a split second before it ended? Thats not enough time to handle anything, and clearly they're going to be handling it all next season.

Yeah, once I saw the door open in the church I had to pause it because I knew what was going to happen. I was just shocked that I needed a moment to process it before I actually saw it happen. Even still I had goosebumps. This show is going somewhere totally unexpected. Its not playing it safe like every other show in existence, its actually dealing with some pretty ****ed up stuff. I can't wait until next season holy shit.

Season 6 was highly predicable. My girlfriend and I knew what was right around the corner every time and it was kinda fun to finally guess a way a show is heading then it sinks in that no its not ok, 24 had better twists than this and just hoping next year is crazier

i'll tell you what else clicked for me in the ''it finally happened...'' department: dexter once again made a crime scene or place of interest into a kill room for ''**** you!'' or otherwise effect, and ever since he did that to brian in season one i've always thought it was a dumb idea. for one, it's a known place - someone was going to turn up eventually, and i think it's crazy how someone like dexter can think that a place where a forensic investigator or detective might/maybe/possibly/perhaps turn up to one night announced to check something or follow up something is a real oversight. i mean granted until now it had never happened, and the only reason deb turned up was to talk to dex about her feelings or somesuch, but still... i've always thought it very wrong of his character and the code to use what is literally a hot location.

don't even care if those crime scenes are ''finished with'', it's still a crime scene i.e. a place of major interest.

Its probably just something to do with his ritual conflicting with the code. The ritual seems to be just as important to him as the not getting caught part, otherwise he wouldn't keep blood slides or print out pictures of victims or any of the stuff he does that leaves material evidence. With the blood slides especially, a stupid idea being done because of the ritual isn't so outside of his character that I'd think of it as a sort of plot hole.

@Warped, you saw both the
Incest thing, and the Deb finding out about Dexter thing
coming? Because I sure as shit didn't think either of those were going to happen.

One thing that I found odd about this season are Dexter's motivations. In previous seasons, he always had a reason to be the one that kills the main villain. Either because legally the police wouldn't be able to get to him, or because this would compromise Dexter (season 3). But this season he actively disrupts the police investigation so that he can be the one to kill Travis, instead of letting the police catch him which would surely have happened hadn't Dexter been withholding leads and evidence. It's not that Travis was a master serial killer or anything either, he's just a psycho, mentally ill, a sloppy one, leaving behind a big trail of evidence. How many times over did Dexter track down Travis?

Dexter's actions of making Travis 'disappear' would lead to the Doomsday Killings being an unsolved case forever, something which will surely cost his sister her career. There wasn't any personal connection to the villain either, Travis was just a random crazy, albeit a spectacular one. Dexter did something similar with Trinity, but there he had a close connection with Trinity. This season, he could have just fulfilled his killing needs with random drug dealers or whatever that escaped justice. But instead he messed the investigation and withheld evidence, costing lives (Travis could've been caught much earlier, Dexter sat in his freaking car), and potentially/likely ruining Deb's career. Another plot hole is that Dexter somehow never considered DDK going after his son, even though Dexter knew that Travis knew who he was for a few episodes now.

One thing that I found odd about this season are Dexter's motivations. In previous seasons, he always had a reason to be the one that kills the main villain. Either because legally the police wouldn't be able to get to him, or because this would compromise Dexter (season 3). But this season he actively disrupts the police investigation so that he can be the one to kill Travis, instead of letting the police catch him which would surely have happened hadn't Dexter been withholding leads and evidence. It's not that Travis was a master serial killer or anything either, he's just a psycho, mentally ill, a sloppy one, leaving behind a big trail of evidence. How many times over did Dexter track down Travis?

Dexter's actions of making Travis 'disappear' would lead to the Doomsday Killings being an unsolved case forever, something which will surely cost his sister her career. There wasn't any personal connection to the villain either, Travis was just a random crazy, albeit a spectacular one. Dexter did something similar with Trinity, but there he had a close connection with Trinity. This season, he could have just fulfilled his killing needs with random drug dealers or whatever that escaped justice. But instead he messed the investigation and withheld evidence, costing lives (Travis could've been caught much earlier, Dexter sat in his freaking car), and potentially/likely ruining Deb's career. Another plot hole is that Dexter somehow never considered DDK going after his son, even though Dexter knew that Travis knew who he was for a few episodes now.

Uh, the whole season explained the reason why:

*He thought Gellar was Travis' dark passenger.
*Because of what brother Sam taught Dexter, Dexter thought he could help out Travis by killing his dark passenger (Gellar).
*Gellar ended up being dead the whole time.
*Dexter, feeling duped and lied to, decided that Travis was going to die by his hand.

The moral of the story is you just don't go and lie to a serial killer because they just get mad and want to kill you more :p

Back