Do You Play a Musical Instrument?

What Musical instrument do you play if any

• Total voters

PJ

Tank
Reaction score
Do You? Mention what grade or whatever you are.

If you don't, mention what instrument you want to play/ would play if forced to play an instrument.

Also mention any embarrassing moments you may have had in music exam in school/performances and the like.

I play piano, guitar (SG copy :E) and I guess I sing a bit too.

If you sing, just say.

EDIT: this should be in music section I think :S

I used to play trumpet. (on my own, not in high-school band)

I'm way out of practice now though.

I'd love to get a guitar soon when I can afford it.

I used to play the piano, but that was at least 7 years ago. I don't remember anything at all.

Do You? Mention what grade or whatever you are.

If you don't, mention what instrument you want to play/ would play if forced to play an instrument.

Also mention any embarrassing moments you may have had in music exam in school/performances and the like.

I play piano, guitar (SG copy :E) and I guess I sing a bit too.

If you sing, just say.

EDIT: this should be in music section I think :S

Piano. Don't know what "grade" I'm at but I took lessons for 9 years and got up to Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier (really freakin boring) and a little bit of Debussy and Chopin. Also took a semester of piano class at my university.

Only really embarrassing moment was when I was playing The Sound of Music at a recital and forgot the left-hand part and my teacher started calling out the notes. :eek:

[rant]
There was also a time when I was "auditioning" for a recital for the piano class at my university. I had played the Bach Fugue VIII for exam and the audition was less than 2 weeks later. My professor said I could play in the recital if I memorized the Fugue that I played, and also learned and memorized the accompanying Prelude. This is very difficult to do considering this is one of the few sets where the Prelude is actually longer and more difficult than the Fugue, and it's hard enough to memorize Bach anyways, especially given less than 2 weeks to do it.

So I tried really hard and practiced every day, but messed up during the audition. Then my professor tells me I can't perform in recital (although I was still forced to attend even though I had to skip chemistry lab to be there), and that the task she assigned me was, in her words, "IMPOSSIBLE even for real, trained musicians." To this day, I'm still pissed that this stupid woman wasted my time by giving me something impossible to do. :flame:

I attended her recital only to be further pissed off by the fact that she had students performing who were playing truly retarded songs with literally only 12 notes and messing up at them.
[/rant]

Saxophone -- just ended my Freshman year of Central Washington University. Specifically, I played in the Jazz Band II and the Wind Ensemble. Marching band strikes up again this September.

IMO, options should list the families of instruments (Woodwinds/Brass/Percussion/Strings/etc etc). If you were really cool you could do "Woodwind -- Single Reeds" and "double reeds," but whatever.

I know we have a trombonist who will probably remark at the lack of trombone going on in the list.

I know we have a trombonist who will probably remark at the lack of trombone going on in the list.

And I appear...

Where the balls is the trombone option?

But seriously now...

Trombone (tenor, alto, & bass)
Tuba & Euphonium (kind of)
Trumpet & French Horn (poorly, and only if you pay me well)
A little piano on the side (I play more when I'm composing)

Currently trying to teach myself to play the drums.

Currently trying to teach myself to play the drums.

you hit things
there you've learned.

I play sax mainly. rather my instrument of choice, but i also can play (in order of skill) Piano, bells/xylophone, drum kit, and other various aux. percussion, bass, guitar, hmm what else..
thats all i can think of... i really should learn to play brass instruments.

Nah, I use my computer, although I can make some interesting melodies and riffs on a synth keyboard/piano, even though I don't know what keys are what.

Played the clarinet in middle school/high school, just the guitar now

I'm the bassist of a band and I also play a little guitar.

Bitches don't know about my l337 piano/violin skills

I seem to vaguely recall busting out "Still Alive" on violin to the steam chat

Actually it was probably just one of my pieces.

Anyway, grade 7 AMEB (two stages before a diploma) on both.

Bass guitar and singing. I'm not very good though.

Cello since I was a wee lad and drums for a bit over a year now. Yes I know... awesome combo.

haha, empo is good too!
his is for sure my favourite local band

Eat a few homemade burritos and about 4 bowls of chili like I did once and anybody can be a musician.

Eat a few homemade burritos and about 4 bowls of chili like I did once and anybody can be a musician.

My mom was just in vegas... for some reason... so my dad cooked. He made us eat chili for 5 days. Consider me the greatest musician to ever live.

It's very musical, indeed. So is something highly carbonated, such as ginger ale or beer.
It's why I love sitting in the back row for band and/or orchestra rehearsals.

I play many instruments. I have been playing the electric bass for about six years. I play a little banjo but I don't practice on it much anymore. I have been learning guitar for two weeks and I'm loving it. I also play around on the Piano but mostly Church music.
I also sing a lot.

It's very musical, indeed. So is something highly carbonated, such as ginger ale or beer.
It's why I love sitting in the back row for band and/or orchestra rehearsals.

**** yeah brass section.
EDIT:
And I appear...

Where the balls is the trombone option?

But seriously now...

Trombone (tenor, alto, & bass)
Tuba & Euphonium (kind of)
Trumpet & French Horn (poorly, and only if you pay me well)
A little piano on the side (I play more when I'm composing)

You teach me trombone, I teach you trumpet?

I toot my own horn from time to time, but other than that, no.

Trumpet in middle school.
I want to play a guitar now but need to actually get one.

Same problem I have with bass guitar - I've always wanted to learn it, but I need to buy/find one first.

I was going to put tromboner on, but seeing as though I only knew one on the forum, I guessed the other ones I listed were going to be more popular.

Don't forget if you don't play an instrument, tell us which one you would play if forced.

Back