Download videos from youtube?

Rizzo

Tank
Reaction score
I found this song that I can't find anywhere, and I wonder if there's some app that will let you save songs\videos from youtube?

Firefox

install add-on:
1-Click Youtube Video Downloader

when you access the video at Youtube, you'll see the add-on's icon with 3 video format choices to download the video in. This will be just below the video. Click the format of your choice.

Once downloading, you can close the page, or find other videos. You don't need the video playing to download it.

You might have to set the add-on's default download folder. (go to the file menu: add ons / options)

but as i understand it the recording quality is even worse than the youtube ones.

oh and could you post the video, maybe i'll like the song too?

I've been using VideoCacheView. It grabs them out of the cache (which can be done manually, also). They are the original quality and it doesn't matter what browser you are using.

but as i understand it the recording quality is even worse than the youtube ones.
I always download them in FLV format. I know this is the format Youtube uses, but I don't know if it always uses FLV, or what. Anyone know?

My video player is Gom, and it plays them no problem. I also use CCC codec pack, but don't know if you need it to play FLV.

Haha it's not really a good song. It's from this movie that's so bad it's awesome. We quote it all the time. This song comes around during a music montage that's ****ing awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nfOS8KBSPM
Also, thanks alot Virus. I'll try that.

Edit: Hmm... You need video tags now?

Huh... For some reason I only saw Virus and Jverne's posts. Thanks for the replies.

downloadhelper plugin for Firefox, two clicks and ur downloading.

I got the one Virus told me about. Worked perfectly.

Back