Dragon Age: Origins

I know what you're saying and I completely agree with you ...BUT we're not the target audience because we're already sold on the concept.. I hate how these pc genres that appealed to adults are being dumbed down to appeal to a wider audience but this is the reality of gaming today. people didnt have to support console gaming, but they did so now we have to settle with being second fiddle to the hyperactive/ADHD gamer/console crowd

that's why i mostly stopped playing games...ain't worth it. most are pure waste of time and only a few can be considered well spent entertainment.

I'm part of the game/console crowd. I don't own a PC that can play anything made past 1999. I'm a huge fan of BioWare's work, including Baldur's Gate. This stereotyping is pretty ridiculous.

Dragon Age: Origins. In depth RPG with naughty stuff going on in places. Your engagement with it dictated to you completely by the developers.
I'm not even sure why you said that, Kadayi. You know it's not true.

The romantic options in any BioWare game have always been completely optional. If you don't want to do "naughty stuff", you just say no. Completely your choice, same as The Witcher. As for the clothing, we don't really know enough about the character yet to determine whether her clothing is gratutitous or serves some purpose. A character can be dressed like a slut and still not exist merely for adolescent titillation ... if the character is written well enough.

The romantic options in any BioWare game have always been completely optional. If you don't want to do "naughty stuff", you just say no. Completely your choice, same as The Witcher. As for the clothing, we don't really know enough about the character yet to determine whether her clothing is gratutitous or serves some purpose. A character can be dressed like a slut and still not exist merely for adolescent titillation ... if the character is written well enough.

Dude, the 'naughty stuff' I'm referring to is the clothing (I'm taking the piss out of some amusingly prudish attitudes), and I'm sorry but the bit in bold, I don't agree with one bit. I think its a weak assed move on Biowares part to 'sex' up a game, that should stand up on its own merits.

Anyhows having installed Windows 7 I've found that BG2 will actually run on it without crashing (unlike Vista) so I'm in a good mood :E

The witcher:
Witcher-wallpaper-the-witcher-468636_1280_1024.jpg

Dragon Age:
dragon-age-origins-08.jpg

Yup, Dragon Age is sooooo much worse.

Let me see, ones wearing a low cut top and the other is wearing a piece of string :dozey:

Let me see, ones wearing a low cut top and the other is wearing a piece of string :dozey:
Not that this is a particularly flattering conversation to get involved in ... but the one from the Witcher is wearing a top that's cut to below her breastline and is wearing a transparent fishnet bra so you can see all of the breast. The Dragon Age character doesn't even have cleavage.

Sorry, but I think you may be wrong on this one.

What a stimulating conversation.
Never thought I'd see the day where people would complain about tits in a video game.

Video game boobs are serious business.

Seriously though, I'm very very tempted to get this game via Steam given Bioware's track record of ace RPG's (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, KOTOR, Mass Effect). The only thing that's holding me back is the 20gb of downloading it'll take to get it all. That's a 3rd of my limit (my limit is huge, but with 5 people using the net every day, 60gb goes fast)

Video game boobs are serious business.

Seriously though, I'm very very tempted to get this game via Steam given Bioware's track record of ace RPG's (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, KOTOR, Mass Effect). The only thing that's holding me back is the 20gb of downloading it'll take to get it all. That's a 3rd of my limit (my limit is huge, but with 5 people using the net every day, 60gb goes fast)

20 GB, that's huge. If I do get it, it's tempting to go retail simply to avoid the hassle (screw the extras) of downloading a beastie like that.

20 GB, that's huge. If I do get it, it's tempting to go retail simply to avoid the hassle (screw the extras) of downloading a beastie like that.
It's when we have 20GB games that you wonder how people in the industry can even contemplate the death of the retail video game.

I wish they'd have let us preload it. If they let us start today, it probably still wouldnt be done by release for most people.

Also, @ Kadayi: God you're stupid, if you were being serious about the low cut shirt thing.

You can preload it tomorrow... it's around 8GB download that extracts to around 15GB.

I wish they'd have let us preload it. If they let us start today, it probably still wouldnt be done by release for most people.

No pre-load either? Is that confirmed?

Also, @ Kadayi: God you're stupid, if you were being serious about the low cut shirt thing.

Don't you owe me an apology ;)

Preload starts tomorrow, I believe.

edit: beaten to it

You can preload it tomorrow... it's around 8GB download that extracts to around 15GB.

That's not too bad.

Against my better judgement I've ordered this. If it turns out to ****ing appalling rest assured I will systematically hunt all the advocates down and extract my pound of flesh ;)

Hah! Tricked you! This game is going to suck muahah!

Cool that its preloading tomorrow. Looks like my PC is staying on for a couple days.

Yeah right, I'd let go before I'd let you have the satisfaction!

I Am sure that it'll be good. I Am not too big on Sword and Sorcery games though.
Even if it's made by Bioware. I Am in no rush. I haven't even finished my first play through of Borderlands and i have yet to try out Torchlight.
There's too many frickin games coming out these days. It's overwhelming.

For reals, I was hoping I could start it this morning. I must be able to play tuesday!

20 gigs? I do hope people in here realize a big majority of that is probably just uncompressed audio/very high res textures?

I mean let's face it, the max size for a DVD that's dual-layered is 9 gigs, and considering the devs themselves have confirmed there is no more or less gameplay content in the 360/PS3/PC versions of the game, that basically means that that's what, 11 gigs of higher-res textures and better sound?

Holy crap, that's pretty huge, I mean that means that more than half the space is used for non-gameplay related stuff, for the PC version that is anyway.

Anyway, I can't wait for this, replaying Mass Effect 1 right now(I've heard rumours that a Mass Effect 1 360 save will give you an unlockable armor in the game based of a Mass Effect 1 one)!

Can't wait for this!

Wow, I'm getting a meg a second right now. Thats like 300KB/s faster than I've ever gotten on steam with my current internet connection. Guess I didnt have anything to worry about.

I won't get to play this game until mid-December; that's when I build my first ever dedicated gaming rig. As it stands, I'm damn disappointed that I'm not going to be able to join in the excitement and/or disappointment.

On the other hand, if the game turns out to be crap ... then I'll have saved myself some cash.

I cannot wait for this, and I just started reading about it today. Going to take eons to download though, my crap internet here maxes out at 160kbps down.

pretty good game sofar great voice acting...would play some more but I'm tired.

Anyone else getting the Limited Edition?:)

It's a good one IMO; Bonus DVD, Making Off, Soundtrack, and more!

Anyone else getting the Limited Edition?:)

It's a good one IMO; Bonus DVD, Making Off, Soundtrack, and more!
Yeah, I decided LONG ago that I would be getting whatever the best edition of this would be. Of course, I would stop short of an edition with a huge bloody sword or anything. I don't need a lot of clutter. :p

Back