E3 2006 \ Metal Gear Solid 4 Teaser Trailer (PS3)

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Download Here

from the conference, 3 min long
Notice this is just the teaser, the full trailer will be released tomorrow.

Kojima ftmfw

EDIT : I heared that the full trailer will be 15 min

I SAW IT LIVE!!!! POOPOO!!!

Very cool trailer none the less.

Raziel-Jcd said:
I SAW IT LIVE!!!! POOPOO!!!

Very cool trailer none the less.

Yes but live the director decided to be a f*cking moron and change shots just before Snake allegedly shoots himself.

This one is a handheld cam in the audience but at least you get to read the final words.

If Snake really does kill himself I'll be so sad at the end of MGS4 ;(

AmishSlayer said:
Yes but live the director decided to be a f*cking moron and change shots just before Snake allegedly shoots himself.

This one is a handheld cam in the audience but at least you get to read the final words.

If Snake really does kill himself I'll be so sad at the end of MGS4 ;(

Rgr ill wait for the Full trailer to watch it in HD but ya me to ill be very sad :(

there wasn't any ingame shots in the press conference, there better be in the full length thing.

destrukt said:
there wasn't any ingame shots in the press conference, there better be in the full length thing.
From IGN:
The concept of the game is "sense". Realtime footage of a warzone is shown. There are gigantic mechs walking around, with futuristic trucks and helicopters rolling about. Lighting and enemy numbers are amazing.
I think we will all be amazed at the quality of the game when it drops....

OMG Amazing! I love Merl's hair, lol. Raiden, looks more badass.

the mechs look absoluetely horrible, human legs with robot tops, looks so pathetic/lame.

destrukt said:
the mechs look absoluetely horrible, human legs with robot tops, looks so pathetic/lame.

In Metal Gear Solid 2, they rays were more organic than the rex's now we have these things! UGH!

It does look very nice, I probably won't be buying a PS3 until this is out though, and I'm not expecting it to be out until atleast November 2k7(Seeing as all previous MGS games has so far had over 3 year intervals, and MGS3 was released in November 2k4 in the US/March 2k5 in Europe)..
Gonna be awsome though..

''WE ARE THE NEW FOXHOUND'' **** YEAH!!!!!!!!omg that looks so sweet, reminds me of Black Hawk Down, i guess Raiden is the Grey Fox of MGS4 or maybe thats what Koj is doing to try to redeem him to the fans, grey fox being the most loved character next to snake prolly. How awesome does it look though, jesus! Snakes end? *sniff*

Holy freaking crap, this is awesome! I think Snake tries to kill himself because he still has FOXDIE and it either a) started affecting people around him or b) causes him to age a lot faster.

Or he just wants to wipe his bloodline of the face of the earth seeing as he knows himself how much he enjoys killing and thus is a "bad" human.:)
Just as he states in the trailer?:p

"I have to erase my genes, wipe the MEME from the face of the earth."

If you don't know 100% what MEME is, either check the link or read what I quote.

"The term "meme" (IPA: [miːm]), a theoretical concept introduced in 1976 by Richard Dawkins, refers to any unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice, idea or concept, which one mind transmits (verbally or by demonstration) to another mind. Examples might include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods in addition to concepts such as race. Different definitions of meme generally have in common, very roughly, that a meme consists of some sort of a self-propagating unit of cultural evolution having an analogous resemblance to the gene (the unit of genetic information)."

Basically, seeing as he's been killing so much, it's a part of his MEME; it's a part of his "habit" perhaps and atleast of his own "culture" seeing as he's been killing pretty much all his grown life :p

But sure, it could be like you're guessing, but I'm just basing it off what he said in the trailer..:)

Grey Fox, didn't you follow the story in MGS2 or have you just forgotten?
Due to the fact that Big Boss was in the late 50s when they created his copies/clones, they suffer from a defect one can call "Accelerated Aging", this means that the genes/cells break down and age far faster than on a normal person, or rather, the imperfections in the his genes probably lead to a "decreased" lifespan.
The other persons are also clearly aged but not nearly as much as Snake, but you have to agree that Raiden looks and SOUNDS older/more mature too, as does Otacon.:)

I hope what I wrote makes sense.:p

But they were all born at the same time, so wouldn't snake have to be as old as solidus n mgs2, and besides that snake resisted Fox Die. So he could be "special". Or does he lose all hope after mgs2 and let himself just fade away.

Well, it has already been stated that he DOES suffer from Accelerated Aging, it was both stated in MGS2 and is made even more obvious in MGS4, but yeah, the Solidus part is a valid point, however, notice that this imperfection is not the necessarily the same for all clones, but varies, if you follow what I mean, Solidus cells might have have more errors in them to cause a larger accelerated aging if you follow what I mean.

Wow, talk about going out with a bang. Jesus f*cking christ. Looks like it could be the be all, end all MGS. And by god it's nice to see Meryl again, Naomi too. If only Mei Ling made a return.

Kojima definitely knows what he's doing here, and this is the reason I'm buying a PS3. Even if I never bought another game for it, MGS4 is reason enough.

Spicy Tuna said:
argh I never played MSG3...I gotta get a PS2 I guess
MGS3 isn't so important because it's a prequel to all the Metal Gear games (though it does have relevant story information that MGS4 will probably pick up on). However, considering that MGS4 will probably be PS3 only, you may as well hold out until you get a PS3 because that console will play PS2 (and PS1) titles.

Icarusintel said:
Wow, talk about going out with a bang. Jesus f*cking christ. Looks like it could be the be all, end all MGS. And by god it's nice to see Meryl again, Naomi too. If only Mei Ling made a return.

Kojima definitely knows what he's doing here, and this is the reason I'm buying a PS3. Even if I never bought another game for it, MGS4 is reason enough.
QFTMFT!!!!!

damn the characters look so great, naomi in particular, the music too, i frickin love whoever does Snake's voice actor, he sounds awesome, raiden kickin' ass too!is that campbell saluting at a grave in the trailer? snake's grave? man it would be depressing if the 1st mgs solid game on next gen software witnessed solid snake's last mgs appearance :(

the story does sound very intersting, a very bleak view of the future, has the future finally caught up with snake?

anyone got a link to d/l the trailer? gs is full...

No, the grave part looks like Snake, notice the beard etc, it's definitely Snake, either that or Ocelot, and big chance of it being Ocelot..
Also, it's the same guy as in all the previous MGS titles :p
Akio Ôtsuka is his name iirc.. I've always enjoyed his voice acting, he actually did a voice in Shenmue 1 and 2 for the Sega Dreamcast iirc.. The Japanese vers for Shenmue 1 and the original JP or European Dreamcast versions for Shenmue 2).. I think the character was.. Gui Zhang Cheng/Chen Gui Zhang, the son of Master Chen if any of you played Shenmue 1 and remember the Chinese d00d in a red coat, and his son with the black tuxedo-ish clothes(That's the guy who Akio did the voice for.)

Anyway, I'm not to sad about them ending the MGS saga, if they will, I mean, they will probably continue making the Metal Gear games, just perhaps start a new canon or spinoff.. It feels nice if they finally closed down the story of Metal Gear Solid, however, hopefully if they do, they'll continue making games in the same spirit as the MGS series.. Besides, I think Kojima really wants to go and do something new, and I doubt MGS would be the same without him, so it might be for the better...

We'll have to wait and see though, the ending of that trailer was definitely one of the worst "cliffhangers" I've ever seen in a trailer :p

I wonder what Otacon means by, "The onus is ours."

Err, scratch that.

onus

n.
  1. A difficult or disagreeable responsibility or necessity; a burden or obligation.
    1. A stigma.
    2. Blame.
  2. The burden of proof: The onus was on the defense attorney.

I fully support this being the last in the series. MGS should leave a legacy to be remembered, not fizzle out into a succession of poor sequels that drag out the story. The early indications are that this game could be something huge, the "going out with a bang" that IcarusIntel points out.

There's always the possibility that Raiden will take over for later spin-off titles. Lets be honest: Sony suits don't want this game series to die, even if its at the expense of making Metal Gear a memorable milestone in gaming... They could just remake the Metal Gears of the MSX generation of course. Playing emulations of the original in subsistance is far from adequate.

One absolute must for this game: They must use the Blu-Ray storage to its full advantages. I'm talking about dual audio. David Hayter is a good Snake, but Raiden in English was a mistake and his Japanese VA is far cooler sounding. Why do American VAs always sound so bloody whiney? Just because he's a blonde guy in a tight fitting suit does not mean that he has to sound like an effeminate weakling!

Ocelot's VA in Snake Eater is an example of voice acting, for a young character in particular, done well.

Meh, I still found Japanese Ocelot MGS3 to be far superior to the US one.:p

All the voice acting is fine in MGS, same with Anime. Stop this whining, most japanese voice actors sound even more whiney and girlish. The only exeption maybe jap solid snake which sound like an angry shogun, but David Hyter is more then Ok. And Raiden in mgs2 sounden a lot like ocelot in mgs3.

Hm... isn't there suppose to be a full trailer released today?

Looks awesome. Those are all cut-scenes tho, aren't they?

Shakermaker said:
Looks awesome. Those are all cut-scenes tho, aren't they?
Graphics are the exact same in every MGS game between cutscene and gameplay so I'd put my left nut on the table to bet that those graphics (or something VERY close) are what you'll see in-game.

EDIT: Oh, and yes. Expect the full trailer tonight.

6:30pm PST - Kojima Productions E3 Conference begins
http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/e3_2006/america/index.html

AmishSlayer said:
Graphics are the exact same in every MGS game between cutscene and gameplay so I'd put my left nut on the table to bet that those graphics (or something VERY close) are what you'll see in-game.

Wow, really amazing. I'll be watching that left nut .... ;)

Cool! Thanks, Digi!

Grey Fox said:
But they were all born at the same time, so wouldn't snake have to be as old as solidus n mgs2
Ahhh...but Snake was never President of the United States of America, now was he? Solidus was. And I hear that being the President carries a lot of stress with it. Tends to turn people's hair grey and such.

Am I the only one pissed off that they showed Snake about to commit suicide? Now I feel like one of the biggest parts of the game has been spoiled. That trailer only made me angry.

Back