Elderly or Young looking Vortigaunts?

Which Vortigaunt Skin

• Elderly (Old) Skin

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Young (New) Skin

Votes: 51 79.7%

• Total voters
Half-Life 2 Vortigaunts by far. I much prefer the gritty look. If only they had a little bit more bumb-mapping.

This, definately. I actually thought the craggy, gnarly textures and shapes on them went really well with Lou Gossett's voice acting for them. And it just looked cooler. The new texture looks a bit boring by comparison IMHO.

What evolutionary process took place for the Vorts when their skin went from black/dark green to the creamy tan skin?

I guess they could have increased the quality for the old one and give it cool mapping. I like the new one, but it screws with continuity.
Valve seem to have given continuity the finger with EP2. New flashlight, shotgun Overwatch, modified HUD and new Vorts. Then again, all bar one of these changes are retroactively applied to the other two games in the console versions. I don't understand why the flashlight wasn't aswell.

Random fact: In the Xbox version of HL2, instead of just killing Lazlo, the antlions pull him under the sand, or so I've read.

Then again, all bar one of these changes are retroactively applied to the other two games in the console versions. I don't understand why the flashlight wasn't aswell.

Probably because extending the flashlight's battery life would screw with the elevator sequence in Ep1 (and most of Lowlife, for that matter), where your flashlight always dies before the elevator reaches you.

Back