Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Young (New) Skin

Votes: 51 79.7%

• Total voters

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
In other words, the new or old skin?

I used to like the old skin more, but now that I look at it, it's somewhat awkward looking, it could be done better, so now I favor the new or younger looking Vortigaunts a bit more. Though I'd slightly prefer a skin that shows a bit more HL1 Vortigaunt heritage.

It's strange looking at them in Ep.2 and how much they've deviated from HL1 to look more human like rather than like an insectoid.

Old skins were better. New ones have bukkake on their skin.

I like the new ones. Slug aliens are pretty rare in scifi, and it makes them more distinctive.

I love the new ones, the old ones had a bit of a "dried, decaying corpse" look to them.

are Vortigaunts unisex?

Just wondering, cus if sounds like a male and may look like a male it can't be all the way male

Prefer old skins.

Would like more HL1 vortigaunt.

Just because the newer vorts look better, doesnt mean they look 'young'. They simply have smoother skin and better texturing. The old vorts went well with the older hl2 because of teh graphics. But if you put the old vorts in the new games, it would be out of place with the low-res texturing it has... I just think the smoother vorts look cooler and seem to match hl2 episode 2 more... i know that sounds strange, i cant explain it...

are Vortigaunts unisex?

Just wondering, cus if sounds like a male and may look like a male it can't be all the way male

A) Whut?

B) Eh?

Anyways i voted new. I do like the old ones because they looked similar to thier HL1 counterparts but the new ones are easier on the eye. To be honest i would have prefered it if valve just cleaned up the old modle (like made it so the ridges on thier back dont clip into eachother and improved the texture quality slightly).

I voted for the old one, but honestly, the ideal skin would be sort of a cross between the old one and the new one. So they aren't as smooth and shiny as the new ones, but not as rough as the old ones. But the ridges on the back, i liked those a lot in the old one.
Also, a bit weird, but did anyone notice that on the new skin they have 4 nipples?

I like the new Vorts because they are shiny and smooth. They look a lot cooler.

Just because the newer vorts look better, doesnt mean they look 'young'. They simply have smoother skin and better texturing. The old vorts went well with the older hl2 because of teh graphics. But if you put the old vorts in the new games, it would be out of place with the low-res texturing it has... I just think the smoother vorts look cooler and seem to match hl2 episode 2 more... i know that sounds strange, i cant explain it...
Well I think they look younger and (with the new voice actor) sound slightly younger.
I voted for the old one, but honestly, the ideal skin would be sort of a cross between the old one and the new one. So they aren't as smooth and shiny as the new ones, but not as rough as the old ones. But the ridges on the back, i liked those a lot in the old one.
Also, a bit weird, but did anyone notice that on the new skin they have 4 nipples?

Yeah, I'd agree, and yes, lol, I noticed that yesterday.

I liked the elderly-looking ones better. Their skin was more wrinkly and more realistic. The newer younger-looking ones look too slick-skinned.

Vortigaunt nipples lol!!
Vortigaunt milk!!!
buy some now!!!

Thread is useless without comparison pics for my convenience.

Old Vorti:

Vortigaunt.jpg

New Vorti:

Vortigaunt.png

It seems like they get smoother and cuter looking the longer Gordon's allied w/them. Hopefully they won't look like Pikachu by the time HL3 comes out.

this is simply due to their alliance with the humans. they were introduced to age-defying skin lotion and it took from hl2 and to ep2 to truly see the results.

I can imagine the ads now.

New neutrogena age defying skin lotion for vorts. Tired of stress lines ruining your beautiful alien face? (Vort pops up and says "Yesss!"), then this is for you!

But yeah, the new/young vorts are better imo.

Says the guy who couldn't even look up what CP meant.

The new skins look much better, but less like the HL1 vorts. I find it weird in HL1 their skin was dark brown, and then it has become lighter all the time.

In EP3, they'll be all white like MJ.

The new skins look much better, but less like the HL1 vorts. I find it weird in HL1 their skin was dark brown, and then it has become lighter all the time.

They've turned into filthy hippies as well now.

They've turned into filthy hippies as well now.

Yep. They were all OOGA-BOOGA USE THE FORCE GORDON in Episode 3. It got kind of annoying.

Has anyone else felt the urge to pop one of them in the head with the crossbow? :p

And girl breasts are not shiny.

I vote the New skin, because in sci-fi the scaly look is way too overdone.

Half-Life 2 Vortigaunts by far. I much prefer the gritty look. If only they had a little bit more bumb-mapping.

I guess they could have increased the quality for the old one and give it cool mapping. I like the new one, but it screws with continuity.

The HL2 Vorts are really cool me thinks, even cooler in Episode 2 where i think their textures and shadings has been vamped a bit. Don't know if i'm speaking out of my arse here but to me they look even better in Episode 2. (Noticed it in "This Vortal Coil" down in the Antlion tunnels, the skin shimmered really cool in the dark)

New skins are definatley better in everyway. When I see the old skins now it makes me think terrible thoughts D:

Back