Email From Doug L to me

this doesnt suck, but still suxx, because if it's released around december, I need to ****ing preorder it to get a hold of the special edition. but to make it all good, at that time I have a better system to play hl2 on. but the preorder thing worries me

"Looks like Vivendi has the day. Maybe we'll hear more about this in post-mortems..."

Being their original plan, I am sure Valve wanted to release the retail and Steam version side to side on September 30. But due to marketing and publishing rights, I am sure Valve will still deliver on September 30, but now only through Steam. They may have lost the battle, but not the war.

Vulva have really done it this time. If I keep dreaming of how cool this game is going to be for another 2-3 months, whats the point I'll just be dissapointed when it finaly comes out. People should learn that hype kills products. If this were a movie, and the director told the producer that they won't be done in post for another 2-3 months, some heads would be chopped off, and a new guy would put it out in time. The game industry has just gotten lazy because its target audience "is no one but kids and teens who have nothing better to do"...

I'd rather it never come out at all than 3 months late.

How do we know that a week before the holiday release, that they wont delay it againg?

Originally posted by SIN55
Vulva have really done it this time. If I keep dreaming of how cool this game is going to be for another 2-3 months, whats the point I'll just be dissapointed when it finaly comes out. People should learn that hype kills products. If this were a movie, and the director told the producer that they won't be done in post for another 2-3 months, some heads would be chopped off, and a new guy would put it out in time. The game industry has just gotten lazy because its target audience "is no one but kids and teens who have nothing better to do"...

I'd rather it never come out at all than 3 months late.

Erm, speak for yourself. The original Half-Life was delayed by a year and that turned out pretty good, don't you think?

I just hope they'll give a reason for the delay, it's really screwed up to just say

"Uh, well, HL2isdelayedforacoupleofmonthskthxbye!"

Originally posted by Oakey
Yeah, how wrong of me, I mean, I totally forgot, Gabe Newell himself can just run down to the publishers with the master CD, churn out a few million copies of HL2, maybe print the boxes and manuals himself, who knows, maybe with some Crayola pens. Then after that, he can travel the world, in his own car perhaps, and deliver the game to all the stores. In a single day!!

Shut the hell up, you have no idea. If you say your release date is going to be the 30th of september, then you need to allocate at least a week or two, if not more, beforehand for the game to be mass produced and shipped.

I noticed you didn't argue with me over the Steam release.

Dumbass u ever think they already printed the manual and boxs.

*twitch*if Vivendi pulls that marketing bullshit and holds a perfectly good game back for a holiday release *twitch* I'm going to drive down to their headquarters...and...have a nice *twitch* "conversation" *twitch* with the lot of them.

maybe the game isnt delayed.. maybe they are just saying that and that they will really suprise us come the 30th.. errr

Originally posted by illspirit44
maybe the game isnt delayed.. maybe they are just saying that and that they will really suprise us come the 30th.. errr

I hope, for the lives of those executives, that you are right.

man im starting to believe this delay is true....i coudnt stand waiting this whole month, and now they delay it to "holidays 2003". only one word can describe this situation.

Lame.

*goes to get address of Vivendi headquarters and materials for a fertilizer bomb*

i cant wait to send my shit back to them. itll be even better than getting the game

I hate when companies do this. They waited 5 years before really announcing this game. The least they could have done was wait until they KNEW when they could release the game. Why get their fans excited, then let them down at the last minute?. Its pathetic. Releasing for the holidays isn't going to sell more copies. The game itself sells more copies. All it does is gets everyone mad and disappointed.

Also another point about the so called "holiday release". Most people that know about this game are going to buy it RIGHT AWAY. There not going to wait to get it for christmas. The only people that would really wait for christmas is children, and there not even supposed to play this game!.

Anubis

Originally posted by Anubis
I hate when companies do this. They waited 5 years before really announcing this game. The least they could have done was wait until they KNEW when they could release the game. Why get their fans excited, then let them down at the last minute?. Its pathetic. Releasing for the holidays isn't going to sell more copies. The game itself sells more copies. All it does is gets everyone mad and disappointed.

Also another point about the so called "holiday release". Most people that know about this game are going to buy it RIGHT AWAY. There not going to wait to get it for christmas. The only people that would really wait for christmas is children, and there not even supposed to play this game!.

Anubis

Wont happen, the 30th it is, cause gabe knows, if us Diehard fans see santa holding our copy, ass hell will break lose.

Originally posted by Anubis

Anubis

Erm?

Has it occured to you that they delayed it because they haven't finished the game?

Yes it has occured to me Feath. Did you even read my post?????.

Anubis

the game is done,how cant it be, it was already said that geforce cards suck on the game, so they wont bother fixing that, ati cards own the game, thats done, know all you do is copy the game 1 billion times, and send that mofo out.

lol, well said Killa

Geforce sucks? :( uh oh, will my FX 5800 be any good? i dont want it running at 800 X 600 at 10fps :s

Panzer101:
NVidia cards don't do DX9 as advertised...just run the game in DX8.1 mode and your fine.

yea, you wont have too much trouble, i have a geforce too, you will be ok.

Denial

ItsfakeitsnothingbutaconspiracybetweenvalvevivendiuniversaltheGmanmicrosoftaliensnVidiaATiandpossiblytheFBI.ThiscannotbetrueIdontbeliveitsomethingswrongbutwhatcanwedobutwaitIwanttodieIalsowanttokillandmolestpeople.ImnotsureIcantakethisanymorethissucksIneedmoreinformationlikeWHYWHYWHYthishappendedffsandIwanttoknowwhenImgonnagetthepreeeiouspleaseIneedhelp :(:flame: :eek: ;( :eek: :x :devil: :angry: :frown: ;(

I think Im in denial how many stages before I get well again?

I always half-expected it to end up being released around Nov. 15, the 5-year anniversary of HL. Pick up the game five years after HL1, just as Freeman does in the story.

Well, I suppose we have that benchmark to look forward to on the 30, with a possibility of a new movie or two. It would be absolutely great of Valve to release a playable demo as an apology to cutting it so late: one SP, two MP levels.

I sure hope this has nothing to do with the v50 drivers...

Originally posted by InsertNameHere
I always half-expected it to end up being released around Nov. 15, the 5-year anniversary of HL. Pick up the game five years after HL1, just as Freeman does in the story.

Well, I suppose we have that benchmark to look forward to on the 30, with a possibility of a new movie or two. It would be absolutely great of Valve to release a playable demo as an apology to cutting it so late: one SP, two MP levels.

uhh freeman picks it up after 20.

or has a certian forums character page got it wrong.

EDIT: its 15 years.

now that theres 2 or 3 months more dev time. maybe they can concencrate on making nvidia cards to better

Originally posted by InsertNameHere

GODDAM BENCHMARK.

Thanks A2597 'n SilentKilla my trust has been restored - now to keep it cool..... :D

Shit move, dear Valve... :flame:

They say: 2003.09.30. in e3.
And say, thats absolutely rocky date, they are not delay, like some creepy fellow... :dozey:

Gabe say only 5 days ago: the release date are still Sept. 30.

And now?

Now they prove what they are realy: spineless liars... :x

Shit move, Valve.... :flame:

Originally posted by [NST]Cifu
Shit move, dear Valve...

They say: 2003.09.30. in e3.
And say, thats absolutely rocky date, they are not delay, like some creepy fellow...

Gabe say only 5 days ago: the release date are still Sept. 30.

And now?

Now they prove what they are realy: spineless liars...

Shit move, Valve....

yes thats why i cannot believe this, in that interveiw no more than 2 weeks ago, the guy asked him 4 times what the date it would be released is and he said SEPTEMBER 30th. why changed it in 2 weeks?

I honestly wouldnt mind playing one level of what they have now, even the tech demo ffs.

Give us something to play jesus!

Back