F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

Yes I am very much so looking forward to this game. So glad Australia is allowed to get it now. I would of been most displeased..

The guy who was playing sucked! But i also can't wait for this, i really loved the first one and this one from the videos seem loads better. When is it released?

Have to agree, the playtester was shocking to watch.

If this game is anywhere near as good as the first, ill be buying it. The whole bullet-time aspect mixed with the atmosphere of one of the scariest games ive ever played appeals to me. Games like Dead Space are survival horrors, this is just a horror, which is scarier to me. I mean, who ISNT scared by what is basically a little japanese girl, ala The Grudge.

*skin shivers*

Cant wait for the demo, whcih is apparently out on the 22nd for PC, 360 and PS3.

Game itself is meant to be released on Feb 10th..ish..

After all the trailers and hype I was kind of disappointed on the scaryness side of the game. Sure there are a few creepy moments, but that's it. Condemned is much better in that department in my opinion.

Anyway what I love about FEAR is the action. To date it still has IMO the best sounds and FX on weapons. The weapons really feel powerful and satisfying to use.

Aye nothing beat the sound of the shotgun in slowmo in the first game.

No flashlight shadows!!? FUUUUUUUUUu.

Is this footage from the demo that was released yeah?

The demo will be released on 22 January.

I will be picking this game up. I remember playing the MP beta for FEAR back in the day....such a fun game.

Yep ill be getting this when it comes out,and ill be checking the demo out too i loved the first one.

Demo will be on Steam from what I read last. The whole game is going to be on Steam anyway.

Demo will be out on Thursday, already got it pre-ordered, can't wait.

already got it pre-ordered! february's gonna be a hell of a month for gaming.

yeah for me it's

fear 2
killzone 2
dawn of war 2

and march is just as bad :|

Easily the game im looking most foward to this year. Looks incredible, just watch this trailer with sound at FULL BLAST.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANYRKWy27Rc&fmt=18

Im really looking foward to Resident Evil 5 as well, but damnit, why cant they release for PC???

Every single game retailer has RE5 down for a simultaneous release as the consoles. Usually if these things hold no weight, then it'll be on maybe 1 or 2 sites, but it's listed on:-

Amazon.co.uk
Play.com
HMV.co.uk
Game.co.uk

Combined with the rumours of a PC version, it's looking one will be likely, if not at the same time, as the console versions.

fear is overrated.

second one does look better than the first one though...but that doesn't take a whole lot of effort either.

fear is overrated.

second one does look better than the first one though...but that doesn't take a whole lot of effort either.

So are a lot of games unfortunetly, fear is only slightly overrated, but i think it deserves the attention it recieved a lot more than Bioshock and COD4....

fear is overrated.

This. Very This.

So are a lot of games unfortunetly, fear is only slightly overrated, but i think it deserves the attention it recieved a lot more than Bioshock

I don't. How unique/interesting/original is the gameplay and storyline of FEAR compaired to Bioshock, seriously...

"Ohhhh, a conspiracy science lab thingy, and an EVIL GHOST GIRL", yeah, haven't heard about either of those before.

The only thing it had going for it was the slow-mo superpower.

I dunno, FEAR's gameplay was much better than BioShock. I'd probably argue that BioShock is an overall better game, but far more overrated than FEAR. I can help but feel huge amounts of wasted potential every time I play BioShock, it was just too dumbed down. A great game, yeah, but it should have been much more. FEAR does everything it promised quite well, and I was actually pleasantly surprised with it, while BioShock was a bit disappointing.

I've probably replayed Fear more than any other FPS in the past decade. It's just that damn fun. I've found that most Monolith games are worthy of at least one replay.

I've probably replayed Fear more than any other FPS in the past decade. It's just that damn fun. I've found that most Monolith games are worthy of at least one replay.

I do agree on that point.I would prefer to replay Fear more than i would replay Doom3.Fear is much more fun to play.I just can't wait for Fear 2.I just hope that it is better than the first one.Though i never really like the Fear expansions.

Dang, looks great. Makes me want to go back and try to get through the first game.

Almost... :(

*is a gigantic wuss*

The expansions were poor. They were made just to cash in on the name. The story in them are irreverent as Monolith have already said that Fear 2 is the true sequel and the expansions never happened. For me i had loads more fun in Fear than i ever did in Bioshock. Bioshock had the environment, Rapture was awesome, but apart from that i got bored and forced myself to play. While Fear is a game a want to replay. The gameplay is just so fun and the way the game messes with your mind really creeps me out.

From what I've seen it looks more colorful and varied. So Monolith did listen to the fans that complained about the repetitive grayish warehouse/office building environments.

I don't. How unique/interesting/original is the gameplay and storyline of FEAR compaired to Bioshock, seriously...

"Ohhhh, a conspiracy science lab thingy, and an EVIL GHOST GIRL", yeah, haven't heard about either of those before.

The only thing it had going for it was the slow-mo superpower.

Well, an underwater city isn't exactly original, and i'm finding that execution and style is a lot more important than originality when it comes to games.

Bioshock, was better than a great game, but lesser than mind-blowing. I no doubt love it, but i just don't seem to be interested enough to go back and play it, despite its efforts to add player abilities and stats and make the AI in different places each time, it's like "That was good, but been there, done that." It's also wasnt very impactful on me, personally, i just beat it and forgot about it.

Gameplay wise, it got very stale after 2 hours of playing, which for me is very little time. I'm not to big in the whole wannabe sandbox and twisty level design which makes it very hard to find where you need to go and tedious. Each mission seemed very long and i'd loose interest but ill admit after beating them you feel great...

i like it, but i enjoyed FEAR a little more and Bioshock failed to really enthrall me in its purposely obscure plot, but FEAR did. I just personally dont like how dark and tight the level design is...

I didn't think they were that bad. Not great but certainly playable if you've got nothing else and want more FEAR.

hey guys,

whats the sys-requirements for this ?

Do any of you guys play FEAR Combat? If so would any of you be interested in a hl2.net FEAR death match.

Wait a minute, isn't FEAR Combat the free MP that they released?

Yes... and I'm currently playing it.

I'd be up for it. FEAR retail can play with combat, right?

Back