F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

Totally forgot that I bought this the other week. Loaded up and completed it in just over a day, was quite disappointed. It seemed rather short, far too easy and had nowhere near as many scares as the first one.

I enjoyed it overall, but wasn't what I was hoping for. Oh yeah, the online play is piss poor as well.

Get the new patch and load up hard, then tell me it's too easy :)

I recently got a new account with Live on Thursday and tried playing F.E.A.R. 2 on Hard and thought "why am I suddenly getting my ass kicked? Hard difficulty wasn't this challenging before."

Just found this thread and I have to say I'm glad Monolith released this update it's SO much more challenging.

By the way, for anyone like me with a 16:10 monitor, turning off the new widescreen option will give you true 16:10 without the black borders. No stretching as you can see more at the top and bottom of the screen than you could with the black borders.

Son of a... so now, after I have finished the game, they patch the aspect ratio "problems"? Awesome.

Yay thread necromancy!

Finals week is over so i finally got to play it.

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned the
school... Seriously wtf. I had to stop playing halfway through the freak out session. When the lockers were all opening and closing I started yelling "STOP IT" at the monitor.

The ending was totally effed up...Jesus...Great game.

That part ****ed with me pretty bad. No flashlight + Spectres + a lot of ****ed up noise + TONS OF ****ING BANGING AND SCREAMING is bad times man, bad times.

Meh, that part was the only one where I felt slightly creeped out in the entire game. Overall it fails as a horror game.

However the Penumbra demo I played a while back scared me. That first flying thing you encounter.
One locked door to the left and a seemingly empty room to the right. I go in, hear a loud noise from behind and when I turn around I see that the previously locked door was blown open with a floating critter coming towards me. I panicked. Wtf do I do?!No weapon, nothing?! I quickly close the door and push a wood box in front of it, but that thing was still slowly pushing the door open even dough I was pushing against the door from the opposite direction.

Back