F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

I've hit a bug twice in the same place. At the end of Sanctuary when you go to the music box in the case that opens up into Genevieve's lab I've been flung into the lab and forced backwards through a wall, outside the penthouse and plummeted outside the map to my death.

I've hit a bug twice in the same place. At the end of Sanctuary when you go to the music box in the case that opens up into Genevieve's lab I've been flung into the lab and forced backwards through a wall, outside the penthouse and plummeted outside the map to my death.

Can't say I've come across that bug. Th only one I came across, and it's hardly anything big is:-

When Stokes gets shot, the bullet hits her, then after a delay of about 3 seconds, she flies back as she should, looks kind of daft, like it's a total afterthought overreaction to being shot. Only had it the first time though, afterwards it played out like it should

Grrrreat game! Tight action og its very fekkin creepy! Had to turn the game off several times lol

Grrrreat game! Tight action og its very fekkin creepy! Had to turn the game off several times lol

wuss..

Not much of an improvement over the first game, but there really wasn't a real need for improvement in my opinion. It's still lots of fun to kill soldiers in slow mo,and that all that matters

For anyone interested someone at the FEAR forums uploaded the soundtrack.

Here's the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1XU3O210

The file is a rar self extract exe. Don't worry I've already tested it and it doesn't have any viruses.

Oh hell yes. The tracks that played during the firefights and more intense scenes kicked ass.

...the product code in my DVD box is a blank, white square. Customer service is closed, and I don't expect an email to 'support at wbgames.com' to have an easy resolution. They got my $50 - I'm off to Sweden for a key.

Maggots.

just played the first interval a few hours ago, and i was sufficiently scared :p looking good so far

Loved this game. FEAR is definetly in my top 5 to 10 greatest gaming experiences of all time.

...the product code in my DVD box is a blank, white square. Customer service is closed, and I don't expect an email to 'support at wbgames.com' to have an easy resolution. They got my $50 - I'm off to Sweden for a key.

Maggots.

Ha never heard of that happening.. Can't you just go back to your retailer and exchange for a different copy of the game though?

I found the first game insanely good. Is this one worth it.

I've seen reviews but want ur opinion pls peeps!

Play the demo or rent it out if your unsure. I haven't played the full game but the demo seemed ok. Didnt hype me up for the full game though.

A real crappy konsole-kiddie game if you ask me, it's Doom3 meets Duckhunt.

Combat? where? long periods of running through empty corridors from one 'encounter' to the next. I use the word encounter loosely, as they consist of one moron after another running at you along the same zig-zagging path while you stand in the open, shooting them like dive bombers in Galaxian while hardly moving your sights. Or they are all positioned on balconies behind boxes and pop up predictably every few seconds like targets in a shooting gallery, for you to blow their heads off. There is so much armour and health and ammo that dying becomes shameful. And this is on Hardest difficulty.

Scares? where? loud noises that tell you a skanky emo girl has appeared where you're not actually looking, and are supposed to scare you. Like the ghost train at the fair. And exactly the same as Doom3, but using a loud noise instead of monsters jumping out of cupboards. Terrifying. At most you get brief visions of her, usually walking away from you in a monumentally un-scary way. woooo.

2009? where? the graphics are so dated this could be the first game. No, scratch that, the first game was original and did it with style. This one actually offers less. Stupid fat neon pop-up hints on every door to open and object to pick up, in case you are too stupid to actually understand what you're looking at. Unrealistic and jerky NPC animations. No interactive objects. Minimal particle effects. Plasticine D3 textures. Unbalanced sound effect volumes. Shadows only in selected areas, and good god, no flashlight shadows, which even Doom3 managed. The tech used in this game is so retro it could be a hippy.

No wonder they put tits in it to make it sell.

I found the first game insanely good. Is this one worth it.

I've seen reviews but want ur opinion pls peeps!

It's not worth it. The first one and it's expansions are miles ahead of this. This is a shameful console remake. In all honesty i feel ripped off by this. I won't be playing this again as i had to force myself though it while i still play FEAR to this day and still have fun.

Patch notes:-

Hello,

I know everyone has been waiting patiently for the PC patch that we've been working on and I've been given the green light to release the patch notes today. We are currently in the final stages of testing and I've been told that unless we encounter a major problem, like the patch causes your computer to catch on fire (we really don't want that because we care about you guys), we'll be looking at a release next week.

V1.02 Patch
-Difficulty of Hard mode has been increased.
-Implemented a toggle for switching between widescreen (16:9) and full screen (4:3) in the Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu
-Implemented a toggle for head bob in Options|Game Settings
-Implemented a toggle for film grain in the Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu
-Leaving a multiplayer lobby now returns the player to the associated multiplayer menu instead of the front end main menu
-Added mp3 codec installer to ensure proper audio functionality
-Applied fix for energy weapon audio causing lag
-Applied fix for team balancing host options not being applied properly
-Changing team swap during selection and grace periods to swap at the next spawn
-Applied fix for team name showing as "undefined" after swapping teams

I'll post further updates when I have a concrete date/time for the patch release.

Best,

Yurei

It's not worth it. The first one and it's expansions are miles ahead of this. This is a shameful console remake. In all honesty i feel ripped off by this. I won't be playing this again as i had to force myself though it while i still play FEAR to this day and still have fun.

The expansions better? You're opinion just became ludicrous.

real crappy konsole-kiddie game if you ask me, it's Doom3 meets Duckhunt.

Combat? where? long periods of running through empty corridors from one 'encounter' to the next. I use the word encounter loosely, as they consist of one moron after another running at you along the same zig-zagging path while you stand in the open, shooting them like dive bombers in Galaxian while hardly moving your sights. Or they are all positioned on balconies behind boxes and pop up predictably every few seconds like targets in a shooting gallery, for you to blow their heads off. There is so much armour and health and ammo that dying becomes shameful. And this is on Hardest difficulty.

Long periods of no shooting? What? There are more firefights in this than the first one, in F.E.A.R. 2 you can't play more than two or 3 minutes without having to shoot something.
As for the difficulty, they are sorting this in the patch.

-Implemented a toggle for switching between widescreen (16:9) and full screen (4:3) in the Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu

So does that mean they decided to only fix the problem for some of the players? If that's it then most people with a widescreen monitor will still have black bars since most widescreen monitors are 16:10...

So does that mean they decided to only fix the problem for some of the players? If that's it then most people with a widescreen monitor will still have black bars since most widescreen monitors are 16:10...

Yep, for the time being, I doubt this will be the last patch though, and 4:3 users where the ones suffering most.

Patch notes:-

The expansions better? You're opinion just became ludicrous.

Ok Perseus Mandate was shit. But Extraction Point was alot more fun than FEAR2. The scares and the action were miles better. I would still replay FEAR and Extraction Point over FEAR2 any day.
Hopefully they go back to FEAR's roots for FEAR3 and make the PC version the lead not the 360.

Ok Perseus Mandate was shit. But Extraction Point was alot more fun than FEAR2. The scares and the action were miles better. I would still replay FEAR and Extraction Point over FEAR2 any day.
Hopefully they go back to FEAR's roots for FEAR3 and make the PC version the lead not the 360.

Extraction Point was arse as well. The action was okay, if just a re-tread of the original, but the story made no sense whatsoever. Oh look, you killed Fettel, but it doesn't matter because Alma can just bring him back to life and undo everything you did in the first game, then Alma tries to kill you, then she saves you, then she tries to kill you again, which would fit with the idea of split identities if they had not got it the wrong way round. Adult Alma should be the one trying to save you since your all she's been longing for since being in the vault, but no, she'll try anything to kill you, but the little Alma tries to help you. Makes no sense. Neither does the ending.

Patch notes don't mention the adding of a Mouse4/Mouse5 binding? This is a sad, sad day ... again ... the first one being when I discovered that the initial release didn't have it.

They should have also removed those annoying "Saving...do not shut off your xbox-I mean, strange non-console device" popups. Since when do PC games have these?

Patch notes don't mention the adding of a Mouse4/Mouse5 binding? This is a sad, sad day ... again ... the first one being when I discovered that the initial release didn't have it.

They should have also removed those annoying "Saving...do not shut off your xbox-I mean, strange non-console device" popups. Since when do PC games have these?

Yeah, I'm suprised the mouse buttons haven't been done in this patch, hopefully in the next one.

Extraction Point was arse as well. The action was okay, if just a re-tread of the original, but the story made no sense whatsoever. Oh look, you killed Fettel, but it doesn't matter because Alma can just bring him back to life and undo everything you did in the first game, then Alma tries to kill you, then she saves you, then she tries to kill you again, which would fit with the idea of split identities if they had not got it the wrong way round. Adult Alma should be the one trying to save you since your all she's been longing for since being in the vault, but no, she'll try anything to kill you, but the little Alma tries to help you. Makes no sense. Neither does the ending.

It was FEAR's 2 Adult Alma that was longing for you not FEAR's. In FEAR she tries to kill you, when your in that vision at the end where she appears behind you, if you don't shoot her she kills you. She also sends those ghosts to kill you. Child Alma never harmed you, she wanted you to help her by finding her. Adult Alma was just pissed off at everyone and wanted everyone dead. Then again how does FEAR 2 Alma make sense in that she loves you yet tries to kill you in the quick time events?

And how does FEAR 2 story make sense? It was just having Alma trying to get in my pants. At least in FEAR you had a connection to her in that you're her son. In this you have no connection yet she instantly fancies you and starts following you. They tried to add to much, there was far to many projects that i was getting confused which was which. The story was a mess.

It was FEAR's 2 Adult Alma that was longing for you not FEAR's. In FEAR she tries to kill you, when your in that vision at the end where she appears behind you, if you don't shoot her she kills you. She also sends those ghosts to kill you. Child Alma never harmed you, she wanted you to help her by finding her. Adult Alma was just pissed off at everyone and wanted everyone dead. Then again how does FEAR 2 Alma make sense in that she loves you yet tries to kill you in the quick time events?

And how does FEAR 2 story make sense? It was just having Alma trying to get in my pants. At least in FEAR you had a connection to her in that you're her son. In this you have no connection yet she instantly fancies you and starts following you. They tried to add to much, there was far to many projects that i was getting confused which was which. The story was a mess.

*MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW*

No, in F.E.A.R. adult Alma tries to hug you, without realising that she has so much power that can kill her son, the attempt at love is still made by her. The ghosts are also not sent by her, they are her nightmares being manifested in the real world, now that she has been set free, a side effect that she can't prevent.

As for F.E.A.R. 2 's quicktime events, see above, she wants that contact, but until Beckit is put into the amplifier she is consuming him by touching him, something she cannot prevent.

The connection is that she is drawn to Beckits powerful psychic mind, as the intel tells you in game, he has the highest psychic match for the entire squad, which is what the squad was put together for by Armacham, to be attuned to Alma at a later date to make Pyschic Commanders. After he steps into the T.A.C. He becomes an anomaly to Alma, who can see him and is fascinated by him.
This serves to distract Alma from the Pointman until GA can find him alive.

The story makes sense if you take it in, and seeing as you have clearly missed so much from the story over two games, you really are not in a position to criticize the story of the second which is much more fleshed out and in depth than the first.

Now try to explain Extraction Points story please.

*MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW*

No, in F.E.A.R. adult Alma tries to hug you, without realising that she has so much power that can kill her son, the attempt at love is still made by her. The ghosts are also not sent by her, they are her nightmares being manifested in the real world, now that she has been set free, a side effect that she can't prevent.

As for F.E.A.R. 2 's quicktime events, see above, she wants that contact, but until Beckit is put into the amplifier she is consuming him by touching him, something she cannot prevent.

The connection is that she is drawn to Beckits powerful psychic mind, as the intel tells you in game, he has the highest psychic match for the entire squad, which is what the squad was put together for by Armacham, to be attuned to Alma at a later date to make Pyschic Commanders. After he steps into the T.A.C. He becomes an anomaly to Alma, who can see him and is fascinated by him.
This serves to distract Alma from the Pointman until GA can find him alive.

The story makes sense if you take it in, and seeing as you have clearly missed so much from the story over two games, you really are not in a position to criticize the story of the second which is much more fleshed out and in depth than the first.

Now try to explain Extraction Points story please.

What was GA still looking for the pointman? I didn't hear that being mentioned.

What was GA still looking for the pointman? I didn't hear that being mentioned.

It's in GA's notes in the Armacham handbook, she wants to examine the Pointman further after his efforts but cannot find him, but knows Alma will also be looking for him, so she uses the Harbinger candidates as bait.
See them below, read the blue notes from GA.

armacham18.jpg

armacham24.jpg

I love this game, I'm not too far through ATM, but it's great fun. The graphics are stunning, the firefights are stunning, and the little bits of Alma added in keeps you interested and on your toes.

I love this game, I'm not too far through ATM, but it's great fun. The graphics are stunning, the firefights are stunning, and the little bits of Alma added in keeps you interested and on your toes.

If the words FEAR2 and STUNNING are ever put directly next to each other, the universe will asplode. Probably in 2012.

Man, I can't even wait untill I get this, It'll be awesome, I played the demo, which made me want to get this game.

Totally forgot that I bought this the other week. Loaded up and completed it in just over a day, was quite disappointed. It seemed rather short, far too easy and had nowhere near as many scares as the first one.

I enjoyed it overall, but wasn't what I was hoping for. Oh yeah, the online play is piss poor as well.

Finished it, great ending IMO. Seems likely there will be a F.E.A.R 3

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I thought the ending could have been much better. It felt like a forced, confusing mystic cliffhanger. I wasn't expecting much closure, but it still felt cheap to me. The game wasn't bad, but throwing in something new once in a while doesn't hurt.

Back