Fallout New Vegas debut trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all like the Fallout 3 opening.

Because, y'know, it's made by some of the original devs, not franchise n00bs.

franchise n00bs who managed to make one of the best rpgs ever. this surely means that if the franchise n00bs put out a good game it must mean the original devs will make an exponentially better game ..like turning the volume up to 11

I'll be happy if it's half as good as F3

Looks promising.

I'm guessing we'll see some Van Buren stuff in NV? Hopefully Hoover Dam and the BOS/NCR war at least. Can't say I like the look of the NCR dude at the end though, but I guess part of me is just thinking Killzone when I see a design like that. Thankfully there's a 50s vibe to it at least.

Had to laugh when I saw people complaining about the city being lit up though. It's been like...200 years? Hell, even in the original Fallout they were actually making efforts to rebuild society. Still, for this to actually feel like an actual Fallout game they've got to make the game world like 10 times the size. Given the engine, I just can't see that happening. :(

I loved Fallout 3, and I will love this one!

And i think Naph was being ironic about it not being anything like the Fallout 3 opening. Because it's actually exactly the same..

fallout 2 endings doesn't agree with you

what? haven't you see the NCR flag

Rebuilt my ass. That city looks like it wasn't even near the bomb when it fell.

And you can't rebuild a city like that in Fallout world....

Yes, you can. Two centuries have passed, not to mention that it seems New Vegas either has acces to a robotic workforce or never suffered direct nuclear bombing, just fallout and the resulting anarchy.

you misquoted me: I said it was one of the best rpgs ever

Not even near. As I said, a good game, but the incoherent gameworld, bad writing and terrible plot prevent it from being the best. It's a decent shooter with some good exploration and interesting bits here and there, but it's not a great rpg.

The game has nothing to do with previous games. Therefor, fallout 2 endings does not exist in this game.

My my, aren't you dense. The NCR flag clearly shows it's a direct sequel to Fallout 2 and what transpired in Fallout 2 affects Vegas.

My my, aren't you dense. The NCR flag clearly shows it's a direct sequel to Fallout 2 and what transpired in Fallout 2 affects Vegas.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas

The game isn't sequel to previous any Fallout games, while Fallout 3 was direct sequel to Fallout 1 and 2. That means this game is basically a standalone game that has nothing to do with previous Fallout titles.

fallout 3 was a direct sequel? lol
i mean really

New Vegas is not a sequel to Fallout 3 but, in my humble opinion, being developed by Obsidian, it may be considered a direct sequel to Fallout 2. It's unlikely that the guys at Obsidian will just ignore what they have created.

That means this game is basically a standalone game that has nothing to do with previous Fallout titles.

Kinda like...Fallout 3?

The title is irrelevant. New Vegas is set in the Fallout universe as established by FO1, 2 and 3. I'm not even sure what you're getting at to be honest. It'll obviously tie into the previous games.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas

The game isn't sequel to previous any Fallout games, while Fallout 3 was direct sequel to Fallout 1 and 2. That means this game is basically a standalone game that has nothing to do with previous Fallout titles.

http://www.linkedin.com/companies/o...co_search_results&goback=.cps_1265246342595_1

Obsidian says you're wrong.

Unless you prefer to listen to a PR monkey (Hines) rather than the actual download.

man you guys argue about the silliest things

Mikael Grizzly said:
Not even near

you're entitled to your opinion, however that doesnt make it the correct opinion

Isn't that the flag for southern California in the fallout universe?

Well guys, Fallout 3 had flaws and bad dialogues but in the end, to me it was good, atmospheric and funny. Not awesome, but funny. If Obsidian does its homework and New Vegas is Fallout 3 with better story and better lines, I am totally sold.

I will more than likely buy this day 1. do you think they'll get rid of the VATS system??

ya well at least read the links I gave you. f3 got higher scores than f1 and f2 from gaming "journalists"

Biased journalists that beat off to every new Halo release, you mean?

Fallout 3 was an extremely shitty RPG but it was fun to play and to explore, that's it.
Completely forgettable.

This looks like it should be very good though, from all the interviews I've read.

Hopefully it won't be a piece of shit like Fallout 3 was. I need more rpgs to play.

Let's talk about the teaser. I'm loving the alienated robot, slowly moving stones from place to place.

Since when did anybody on this forum give a shit about scores from oft-maligned game reviewers? Every other day somebody here is bitching about a game being overhyped and unworthy of whatever score. I think it's safe to say that many people (who had little to no acquaintance with the previous games) got sucked in by:

1) 3D graphics.
2) SLO-MO KOMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
3) Good art direction.

That's not to say Fallout 3 is a bad game. And I'm sure it's a good RPG if you have no pre-established standards. But the characters and dialogue sucked, every fight devolved into VATSing for headshots, and story was plain old uncompelling.

so if they beat off to halo that MUST mean they couldnt review f3 if their life depended on it

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/guilt-by-association.html

I didnt say it was. however by most measures it is one of the best rpgs ever. sales wise, fan reaction wise, critically speaking etc

http://skepticwiki.org/index.php/Argument_from_Popularity

Fan reaction? What fans in particular are you referring to? You mean the newbies that got freshly ferried to the Wasteland with the release of FO3? I don't think they're going to offer the best comparative analysis between the games.
And who woulda thunk that a modern cross-platform title would sell more units than a PC game from 1997? I certainly wouldn't have.

I'd wager that Fallout 3 is generally considered a great game by the current generation of gamers, who only became gamers since the advent of the xbox360. Those who have a much larger wealth of experience in video gaming seem to hold the game in much lower regard. Same thing with games like Bioshock and halo. They're great experiences for those who havent played many games.

That said, I am intrigued by New Vegas. FO3 didn't do much for me, but Obsidian sounds like they're making changes that may take it into a direction I will like. If it turns out to be FO3 with a different story though, I'll pass.

I've been playing video games since pong. fallout 3 is in my top 5 of all time. admittedly, it's an ever evolving list

Absinthe said:
Fan reaction? What fans in particular are you referring to?

the people who purchased the game ..duh

Absinthe said:
You mean the newbies that got freshly ferried to the Wasteland with the release of FO3? I don't think they're going to offer the best comparative analysis between the games.

you're being somewhat elitist. f3 is pretty much stand alone in that you dont have to know the first thing about the universe to enjoy it. f1 or f2, in comparison, are somewhat hampered by the gameplay which is specific to that generation of video games. all one can do to measure it today, comparatively speaking, is on story. that alone cant carry it as well as it did when it first was first released. one could string that point along to saying one game is "better" than another but again it's mostly relative to the individual. however the consensus does have some sway in this issue

Absinthe said:
And who woulda thunk that a modern cross-platform title would sell more units than a PC game from 1997? I certainly wouldn't have.

you forgot to mention a much larger video game playing demographic than in 1997. really the only way to measure this particular measurement of success is too compare it to games of that era and this era in terms of sales relative to other games and their respective hardware of the time. I really dont feel like slogging through sales figures so we'll leave it for the rabid fans to decide which is "better". both camp's arguments fall on death ears so it's really a moot point. personally I dont care enough to let it get in the way of my enjoyment of the game but that's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back