Fallout: New Vegas just became a whole lot more awesome

despite the engine not even being Obsidian's and their really short timeframe.

It's KOTOR 2 all over again? "Sorry guys, the engine we are using is shitty and we were in a hurry, so our game will be buggy but it's not our fault". No, it doesn't work like this in the industry.

It's KOTOR 2 all over again? "Sorry guys, the engine we are using is shitty and we were in a hurry, so our game will be buggy but it's not our fault". No, it doesn't work like this in the industry.

No, it's not. The problem with KOTOR 2 was never the engine. For KOTOR 2 they simply had no time to even finish the game, for NV the gamebryo engine is shitty and it has bugs that remain even from the Oblivion days still, that Bethesda themselves failed to fix. Content wise, NV is finished, unlike KOTOR 2.

Whenever I crash in for example oblivion or fallout I always get a permanent annoying sound which keeps looping that I don't know how to get rid of without restarting my computer. So after every crash I have to reboot which is annoying and with Fallout:NV it seems like I'd have to start rebooting a lot. Anyone know how to fix it without rebooting?

I haven't experienced any bugs or glitches yet.

Whenever I crash in for example oblivion or fallout I always get a permanent annoying sound which keeps looping that I don't know how to get rid of without restarting my computer. So after every crash I have to reboot which is annoying and with Fallout:NV it seems like I'd have to start rebooting a lot. Anyone know how to fix it without rebooting?

This is just a completely random suggestion, try going into DXDIAG(Run > DXDIAG) and turn off hardware sound acceleration completely, then turn it back on.

As I said, I have no idea if it'll work, I haven't had the bug myself, but I figured it's worth trying.

I just VPN'd this bitch earlier today and I'd say most of the reviews are spot-on from what I've played so far. FO3 was pretty buggy/unstable on the PC at least, but New Vegas might be even worse for the time being. Biggest gripe is the fact that my framerate dives into the teens when more than a handful of NPCs are on screen, and even goes down to single digits if there's heavy combat going on too. Not sure what causes it exactly, but from what I've seen posted on a bunch of forums I'm not the only one. Haven't experienced any crashes though.

Other than that it's the usual Gamebryo jank - clipping errors, funky physics, animation problems etc.

But putting all of that aside though it's ****ing great. The map's apparently the same size as FO3, but everything's laid out really well to the point where it actually feels like a coherent world this time. Already met lots of memorable characters, the voice acting's very solid (and varied), quests have been a lot of fun and the weapons and combat have improved enough that I mainly play in real-time now (although the iron sights are awful). So yeah, give it a patch or two but it's definitely a winner.

I just VPN'd this bitch earlier today and I'd say most of the reviews are spot-on from what I've played so far. FO3 was pretty buggy/unstable on the PC at least, but New Vegas might be even worse for the time being. Biggest gripe is the fact that my framerate dives into the teens when more than a handful of NPCs are on screen, and even goes down to single digits if there's heavy combat going on too. Not sure what causes it exactly, but from what I've seen posted on a bunch of forums I'm not the only one. Haven't experienced any crashes though.

Other than that it's the usual Gamebryo jank - clipping errors, funky physics, animation problems etc.

But putting all of that aside though it's ****ing great. The map's apparently the same size as FO3, but everything's laid out really well to the point where it actually feels like a coherent world this time. Already met lots of memorable characters, the voice acting's very solid (and varied), quests have been a lot of fun and the weapons and combat have improved enough that I mainly play in real-time now (although the iron sights are awful). So yeah, give it a patch or two but it's definitely a winner.

I, too, have been having framerate issues, but other than that it's really much better than Fallout 3 in every way I can think of.

Same here on the framerates thing.

Uh, yes, it does work that way in this industry.

My consolefag friend just got the game and brought it over on his PS3. Hes playing it on my shitty ass low resolution SD tv when this happened. Had to take a pic just for the lulz

falloutjn.jpg

Within 20 minutes of me playing one of those Bee things flew into a rock and became unkillable. Similar to that picture.

Jesus, the framerates on this are horrible. Starts at 120fps then drops to 10 for no reason, then back up again. Totally unplayable like this. Played Fallout 3 with exactly the same settings and never had this trouble.

IGN gave it an Outstanding score of 9.0. However, the reviewer didn't focus all of his attention on the framerate issues, bugs, and glitches. Instead, he explained how he felt that it was more of an expansion pack rather than a full-blown game. I've yet to see an expansion pack that contains more than 100 hours of gameplay, but that's his honest opinion. I'll have to see for myself.

Saw a young gecko hunting a radroach, and some older ones watching over him. I just had to laugh.

Can't wait, just two more days!

Won't start playing F:NV until I've beaten F3 though, because I know once I go NV I won't be able to go back to 3.:p

Finally got to the Strip, and aside from the glitches/some inconsistency problems this game is just a vast improvement over the prior installment. The voice acting, writing, world cohesion...even the single music track that plays in Doc Mitchell's is better than any of the background music in F3. And I can already tell that this is going to have bucket loads of replay value.

I love it, completely worth the $60.

Same framerate issues, but no glitches so far (that I've noticed). I could only play for a little last night, so I'm only as far as getting a sheriff for Primm.

I've found that NV seems to only slow down whenever coming close to the front side of any human NPC(s).

Just went on Bethesda's forums, try this:

Possible Solutions:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the console, type the following:
ToggleEmotions

(Special Thanks to Headless Chickens Inc)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the console, type the following:
ToggleEmotions

In the .ini file change the following
"iFPSClamp=0" to "iFPSClamp=40"
(Special Thanks to Neversleeps)
A clean install of the drivers using Driver Sweeper.
(Special Thanks to iamMark)
In the .ini file change the following:
"bUseFaceGenHeads=1" to "bUseFaceGenHeads=0"
This Solution will cut off everyone's head.
(Special Thanks to Diari)
A more risky (and involved) solution can be found in this thread
(Special Thanks to Seth9964)

Got this for the 360 and played an hour last night but the game seems a little bit better than FO3. can't wait to jump into it again tonight after work :)

also the iron sights is a really good improvement but I just wish they centered the 3RD Perspective camera behind your head instead of off to the side!

What's the Mojave like compared to the Capital Wasteland? I loved the Wasteland in FO3. They really nailed the post-apocalyptic setting. Some areas reminded me of scenes from The Road.

Also, are companions useful or do they just attract too much unwanted attention? If you playing stealthy I guess they are useless.

Worked here too, thanks for the link. Still doesn't run as great as I'd like in a couple of places but otherwise it's silky smooth now. Pretty shocking that got through testing to be honest. Then again, it is Obsid-bryo.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKIkw3LIoQ

What's the Mojave like compared to the Capital Wasteland? I loved the Wasteland in FO3. They really nailed the post-apocalyptic setting. Some areas reminded me of scenes from The Road.

Also, are companions useful or do they just attract too much unwanted attention? If you playing stealthy I guess they are useless.

I honestly like it a lot more, but your mileage may vary I guess. FO3 was sort of a series of dungeons with the odd town in between, whereas NV seems to be the complete opposite. There's still an absolute shit ton of stuff to do and find though.

As for companions, I've only met a few and travelled with one (human) so far. If anything, he's overpowered. He's meant to be an ex-NCR sniper and he just dicks on everything before I even have a chance to react most of the time. As for stealth, I'm not really sure as I usually tell him to wait somewhere if I need to sneak. You can set them to passive though (ie. they won't shoot until you're spotted).

What's the Mojave like compared to the Capital Wasteland? I loved the Wasteland in FO3. They really nailed the post-apocalyptic setting.

It feels a little different. The first thing I realized was that there wasn't a green tint in the sky and on everything else. I also get this "RDR mexico" feeling.

I like it so far. Feels like F3 except I'm not so annoyed when I play it for some reason. I liked that they condensed some of the abilities so you don't have Big Guns and Small Guns, just Guns.

Also, can't map my mousewheel to jump? For shame.

Some asshat was kind enough today to spoil the ending for me after I told my friend I had got the game. ****ING DIPSHIT DJDKK

lol pogs and Falllout Boy, that guy needs to make all the reviews out there

...Weeeeeeeee released in Australia finally.

Oh I got spurs that jingle jangle jingle...

I am getting the regular Fallout: New Vegas edition, CE didn't seem worth it..

Also, I guess you guys have seen this? http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_...Fallout:_New_Vegas_due_to_ongoing_ad_campaign

"One site was forced to pull its Fallout Vegas review because advertiser Bethesda was unhappy w/ score."

Also, god-damnit Avoidist, even you Aussies get it before us Swedes!? Just one more day, shame I can't play it on that day, need to beat FO3 first!

Also, I can't seem to access that Sawyer links, gives me some bullshit about needing to log in. Sure it's really Sawyer posting on SA anyway?

A bunch of ignorants crying about nothing. It's just a directx dll.

Back