FIFA World Cup

When Gareth Barry is one of your star midfielders you know you have problems. Apart from Ashley Cole and Lampard I don't think any of them are up to much. They all lack too many basics.

As someone who despises football tonight just reiterated to me why I dislike it so:

It's shit.

Here's to England dropping out or whatever soon so normality can be restored to our gloriously awful nation once more.

I missed the game but caught bits of it, and even knew for the tiny bits I saw that they were playing their worst ever performance. Watching the highlights confirmed that, I actually cannot believe they did that, some of the mistakes Rooney was making I just could not believe. Waste of space the lot of them, they may as well go home now.

I missed the game but caught bits of it, and even knew for the tiny bits I saw that they were playing their worst ever performance. Watching the highlights confirmed that, I actually cannot believe they did that, some of the mistakes Rooney was making I just could not believe. Waste of space the lot of them, they may as well go home now.

The amount of money that these players take home and they were outclassed by Algeria. LAUGHABLE. As for Rooneys sarcastic comments about the England fans booing them, of course they will. They paid extortionate amounts of money to watch you useless gits play like that, they have every right in the world.

Funny how this time the English Keeper was the best player in the game.

So embarrassing, truly awful display. Pathetic. 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Joseph Quilter (Charlton Athletic) says...

Sorry but all those saying this shows how we arent any good for our country because we boo our own team after one bad performance...and we arent true england fans etc, i duno if youve been watching or not, but our warm up games - were awful, our game against the usa was also just as bad, and our poor performance was saved acknoledgement because greens clanger took the headlines, and also tonight we were so poor we couldnt even create any clearcut chances. We as england fans, fans of a country who invented the game deserve to have our say, the team were embarassing tonight, and no-one in the world would fear us based on that performance. To those who said those in south africa cant be real fans, excuse me but i think they are, travelling all that way at countless costs and hearing the national anthem over the vuvuzuelas, thats true fans, we have the best fans in the world and theyre rewarded by performances like that?? dont think the players have any right to moan about being booed, it was frankly league 2 standard, especially after putting in a performance like that in the England shirt, rooney didnt even put any effort in. the players of 66 would be disgraced.

From sky sports

England need to scrap 4-4-2 and swap out rooney. We need change. Give Joe Cole and Crouch a chance.

I'm looking forward to England and France being humiliated. Though England would be uberfail if they don't get to the quarter-finals at least given their matchups.

Maybe there is a god :)

t7JFP.jpg

he he,people say that he did so many cards uz he was spanish lol

Well done Australia. Held on for over an hour with a ten man squad and even turned the momentum of the game back into our favour in the last twenty. This was like watching a completely different team than the one that played Germany. If only Wilkshire scored that goal. Or if Kewell didn't get that red card.

Now Ghana need to beat Germany and we need to beat Serbia to advance.

Shit.

poor englnad,dont worry you still have my affection

lol @ Australia's best player getting red carded over nothing.

Nothing suspicious there.

lol @ Australia's best player getting red carded over nothing.

Nothing suspicious there.

Yeah, I mean in football it's the rule there are two players that are allowed to stop the ball from entering the goal with their arms: the goalie and some random dude.

I like how NZ's team is called All Whites and that they are in fact all white.

lol racism

Whahaha, NZ leading by 1-0 against Italy. I'm totally rooting for whitey here.

The kiwis did a good job, but the Italians were disgracefully bad, especially in the first half. And the ref appears to have been bought by Italy.

Decent game last night with Brazil and Ivory Coast. Lol @ all the shenanigans towards the end.

Kaka's sending off was incredible, one of the worst red cards I have ever seen. Still, the game itself was very good, Brazil really showed their true ability, some of their passing and approach were just a privilege to watch, and Gilberto Silva is playing better than he ever did D:

norht korea team will be executed at arrival

MOST. EMBARRASSING. GAME. EVER.

they were already planning about defecting, probably didn't care about the game at that point, just planning how to NOT go back to north korea.

I heard 3 of them did not want to go back after the game against Brazil.

Seriously, they played pretty well before, so the country decided to broadcast the game live. Then they lose 0-7, and the whole country saw it.

There is no way in hell these guys would want to go back, and if they did, I feel sorry for the coaches a lot more than the players. They can't replace the talent of the players, but they could definitely find better leadership.

Portugal should have relaxed after the third goal. Their onslaught on offense was completely unnecessary.

Portugal should have relaxed after the third goal. Their onslaught on offense was completely unnecessary.
Lol, why? If Portugal lose to Brazil, and Ivory Coast win against NK, it'll come down to goal differences as to whether Portugal or Ivory Coast advances to the final 16. If they'd kept the game at 3-0, it'd only be a 5 goal difference between the two teams, so better to be safe than sorry.

I watched the 5th goal go in, then I was like "Lol commies. Firing squad on the next sunrise."

And stopped watching. It wasn't even funny anymore.

bet you the north will say the south poisoned or something like that

Lol, why? If Portugal lose to Brazil, and Ivory Coast win against NK, it'll come down to goal differences as to whether Portugal or Ivory Coast advances to the final 16. If they'd kept the game at 3-0, it'd only be a 5 goal difference between the two teams, so better to be safe than sorry.

So they score 7 goals?

Anyone should know the situation that the NK players are in. A 3 goal margin is almost a guaranteed win, a 5 goal is already humiliating to the opponent. Then you get 7 goals? I know we all love watching the scoring, but sometimes rubbing a win in your opponent's face is unnecessary.

So they score 7 goals?

Anyone should know the situation that the NK players are in. A 3 goal margin is almost a guaranteed win, a 5 goal is already humiliating to the opponent. Then you get 7 goals? I know we all love watching the scoring, but sometimes rubbing a win in your opponent's face is unnecessary.

Can't tell if serious.

Nah I agree with dts, it's just not right to defeat a team from that kind of totalitarian country so soundly. People could very easily be murdered or put in gulags as a result. Be happy with a 2-0 or 3-0 win don't be a douche.

Nah I agree with dts, it's just not right to defeat a team from that kind of totalitarian country so soundly. People could very easily be murdered or put in gulags as a result. Be happy with a 2-0 or 3-0 win don't be a douche.
They're just trying to be on the safe side, it's not being a douche.

By being up 3-0, their goal difference is more than safe (5 goals difference is not safe enough?)

I'm not scrutinizing what happened, but the principle of what happened. They left their best player on the field, the person responsible for assisting/scoring several of their goals, despite being up a huge margin. That pretty much implies the coach demands more scoring, despite having a guaranteed victory (and almost guaranteed advancement to the next round).

It's being a douche. Them being over-zealous in trying to be safe in terms of goal difference could easily cost people their lives.

That's a logical fallacy. That's no reason why Portugal should have not played their best.

I was wondering - why are there no middle eastern teams in this world cup?

Back