FIFA World Cup

I think the best approach would be for the refs to assume that all fouls are acts of diving unless they got a really good view of it.

I bet he got up and played just fine after that.

The dives annoy me too. I mean that team there were gonna lose against Brazil anyway, just get on with the game!

Anyway, hope England kick Germany's ass today :)

I whole heartedly give my support to the glorious nation of England and truly hope they repeat the unrivalled triumph of 1966.

trollface.png

I have a feeling we will beat the krauts today.

That feeling is called "wishful thinking"

This world cup reminds me how I can't respect a game when I am still confused by why so many players fake so many injuries so ridiculously.

I wish I understood it. TELL ME!

Don't hate the game, hate the player. That pisses me off to no end as well but it's just a result of flawed rules.

Also, there's no reason we can't let referees watch playback video for questionable calls. People treat the notion with such lunacy, like you're taking away something special and quaint about the sport. Soccer needs to get on the technology bandwagon already...

Also, there's no reason we can't let referees watch playback video for questionable calls. People treat the notion with such lunacy, like you're taking away something special and quaint about the sport. Soccer needs to get on the technology bandwagon already...

This.

They could just add the time taken to view the video to stoppage time anyway. They have the replays on tv before they even start playing again so it wouldn't take long to let the ref see a video. Would stop all this diving bullcrap.

It's a pity that Ivory Coast had to ruin it with that dive, I was supporting them :S Drogba's goal was nice.

Come on England! (What's the point, we're going to lose :p)

Should be a good match tonight, I'm betting Germany but I'm preparing to eat my words.

Let them have their fun, they've had to go without white lightning for 6 months whilst they were saving up their gyros to afford tickets.

Charming England fans booing the Germany anthem.

Thats why I hate my fellow brits. Its things like that in football that makes me disgusted to be british.

I dont hate the England team, I dont really hate football, I hate England fans. A solid wall, a minigun, and a line of blindfolded England fans. Good times.

Thats why I hate my fellow brits. Its things like that in football that makes me disgusted to be british.

I dont hate the England team, I dont really hate football, I hate England fans. A solid wall, a minigun, and a line of blindfolded England fans. Good times.
Haha, same here with Scottish fans.

Aren't you guys supposed to be the United Kingdom? and Northern Ireland

They booed Germany? Jesus, go Germany then!

2-0!

Kind of sucks that, if Germany wins this, that there would still be the lingering feeling that this match was stolen. Sure, the lack of use of technology makes the game more "human", but if it lets things like that slide by?

It was half a metre inside, there's no excuse for that giant **** up. I'm rooting for the Germans, but I would feel really bad for England if this turns out to be decisive for the outcome.

lol...football with their no video review policy.

I guess the british will storm fifa headquarters for this

Poor officials in this match, but then i am English.

Oh dear god, Heskey coming on...

Back