Milestones
10,000: giant384
5,000: giant384
2,500: giant384, Druckles, ZRyuken
1,000: Druckles, ZRyuken, CyberPitz

Slowing down a bit on the production guys. D:
*Asus turns SMP client back on after returning from vacation

yes i have, SMP ftw!

i try to run it whenever im just away from my computer for the day. so far its done well. i get about 2 WU per week

The only time mine isn't running is when I'm playing a game, and whenever I shut down the PC for the night.

So what is everyone's thoughts on HL2.net and this F@H business? Considering that there are 5 active folders.

I'll have another bash at getting it working when I get home from uni, but if it doesn't work again then I won't bother.

I'm down with whatever happens. I'll be folding either way. Just on my old team. Although if you guys want to still do the HL2.net folding I'll stay here. We've just been slowing down a lot.

Mine runs almost constantly. There are gaps because I tell it to pause when it finishes one. Otherwise it crawls along at a decent pace.

The 5.92 beta upgrade (SMP) is a lot more stable on my system than 5.91. So far each time I have started up the client it resumes as it should without stalling or shutting down the fah core.

cool ill upgrade to that. do you know if that will delete the current WU?

Edit: it works, the setup was a little weird though with the new install.bat

It has shut the core down on me recently with the new version. But it was after it finish one WU and tried to start another. A restart of the client and it started right away with no fuss. Before I'd have to restart it multiple times to get it going and show a % complete.

I'm going to start running it (team#96276) nonstop from hereon out.

AMD X2 4200+

Can I dedicate more CPU powah to folding when I'm sleeping?

By default it is 100% (if idle). Unless you set it to something else. It cannot be set to two different settings though.

So I can't force it to start folding ten different things at once?

Also, it's only using one core. I have two. Fix?

Well, you would actually be worse off then.
1 unit at a time and it finished in lets say 1 day
if you ran 10 at a time then they all would take 10 days to finish. Same points/day but Standford gets results a lot slower.

I've been trying to get this installed on the server that's running Ubuntu Server 6.06 LTS. Getting a little frustrated. When I try to run the program for the first time, I get this error:

Code:
aguy@aserver:~/folding$ ./FAH504-Linux.exe 
-bash: ./FAH504-Linux.exe: No such file or directory
I've followed the guide exactly and already checked the md5sum and chmod +x'd the thing. Oh and this happens with the new beta too. I didn't want to use that because of the issues they said it had with duel processors. Want to keep the server stable. Anyways, it seems to run fine on my Ubuntu desktop, but not the server. Any advice?

giant, your points for the last 7 days are sorta high. Leaving your PC on more? :thumbs:

FYI I've got a quad running FAH now.

yea i have had alot more time do it that past week. i try to do it when its not blazing hot in my house.

yea i have had alot more time do it that past week. i try to do it when its not blazing hot in my house.
Yeah... I know what you mean. I might be moving my computers out of my room. Winter cold has left and summer heat will be kicking in pretty soon here. Last summer my place was really hot so I really didn't run FAH. This place is better though.

Mebe...I'll overclock again to get a bit more production.

I still want more HL2.netters on the list :frown: :D

When I get some time I think I'm going to throw my X1900GT into my old A64 3000+ box and run the GPU client instead of the CPU one. Should get a little more points per day then.
400-500 PPD instead of 200.

Well, they don't have the GPU client up anymore. Just GPU2 for ATi 2000/3000 cards. Im keeping that box up (A64 3000+) running the regular client but my other PC I'm taking down. Getting pretty warm in here with them all going and I don't want to turn the air up.

Just reinstalled the Beta6 version. I spend a lot of time just sitting doing not much at all so it'll be good to know my lazyness is doing some good. I just hope it actually works this time.

Folding @ home with CUDA

14m7t05.jpg

Of course that's on the new GPU. I wonder how current Nvidia cards will fold with that client.
FYI the NS/day does not represent points but rather how much time (nanoseconds) it simulates. GPUs are always awarded less points for the work than CPUs because GPUs can only do specific units while CPUs do them all. Current ATI cards fold faster than CPUs as well but no one picks them for folding on their machine because of lower points and more heat.

speed
GPU>PS3>CPU

versatility
CPU>PS3>GPU

Back