Forum Artifact Preservation Project

Pixels
dvMubZN.png

U8iyuZ0.jpg

WjczFJp.jpg

Half-Life: Full-Life Consequences

just a suggestion, for posterity it's probably better to upload them to imgur, which will likely survive this forum and/or its next incarnations that lose attachments like hl2net did after switching to xenforo.
I'm not real confident on how long imgur can survive since reddit got its own thing, but maybe. I can always re-upload them.

And to suggest the site might shut down or switch away from XenForo... @Chris D 's gonna give you 20 infractions, lol

Excuse me what the **** do you mean by that
Well, I was gonna call it "Super-awesome comic about bad images in the image dump that captures the characters personalities perfectly" but it's a little wordy.

Last edited:
just a suggestion, for posterity it's probably better to upload them to imgur, which will likely survive this forum and/or its next incarnations that lose attachments like hl2net did after switching to xenforo.
We didn't lose attachments when we switched to XenForo.

We didn't lose attachments when we switched to XenForo.
sorry i misspoke, i was kinda drunk. we always used imageshack back in the day which apparently still exists but none of the image embeds have survived. imgur seems like the best bet as far as longevity goes these days

Probably best just to upload images here directly using the "Upload a File" button. We've never deleted any images ever uploaded here and disk space isn't as much of an issue as it was - @StarMonkey hosts us now.

Imageshack did some nonsense where they moved to a paid model so can understand that they've not survived.

But, yeah, Imgur is probably a good bet otherwise.

nice, hell yeah @StarMonkey!

I assume SM is hosting the overwiki then too?

e: yikes oh no i just checked and the overwiki domain is dead and has some russian landing page

e2: and this morning the wiki is back! weird

Last edited:
thank god you saved that photo of my thumb
The only photo of me in there was of my thumb lmao.

EDIT: Also, please tell me someone has the photo edit contest versions of this pic. I remember laughing so hard at them.

ka2yon-jpg.27630

Last edited:

EDIT: Also, please tell me someone has the photo edit contest versions of this pic. I remember laughing so hard at them.

ka2yon-jpg.27630
I've got them but they're embedded in an mht file, which I can't attach. I'd have to recreate them or just take screenshots of the page or something.

ka2yon-jpg.27630

Holy shit that's some history right there.

Adrik STILL looks like Dave Grohl to me
He still does to this day, even though I don't think he has shaved in god knows how long. ALso horrified I put my real name out there in the member pics. If I weren't laughing so hard at seeing all of this shit again I would be crying over it all. You're doing the work of Christ.

Last edited:
Here's a long-ass shot, but I am missing many episodes of my gmod comics. If anyone by random chance ever saved anything like that I'd be incredibly grateful.

Here's a long-ass shot, but I am missing many episodes of my gmod comics. If anyone by random chance ever saved anything like that I'd be incredibly grateful.

Not a clue. Good to see a friendly face once more (whatever your "real" face is, though, has been effaced by that avatar, the memory of which has stepped in time with my mind for years).

Not a clue. Good to see a friendly face once more (whatever your "real" face is, though, has been effaced by that avatar, the memory of which has stepped in time with my mind for years).
You know it's funny, I think of this avatar as being new. I can't exactly remember what I used to use here before it, but I sure as shit know it didn't look like this.

You know it's funny, I think of this avatar as being new. I can't exactly remember what I used to use here before it, but I sure as shit know it didn't look like this.
I swear you had an av of a guy with more slicked back black hair.

Can't remember what it would have been prior; there are so many faces that have passed through here that I've only managed to grab hold of a few avatars and attach them to the names to which they belong.

I forgot about this thread and appreciate it all anew.

lol at my image links at the top of this page already being broken again.

I looked through all the images again when Danimal bumped this too. Great stuff in there. Also I saw Saturos' pic which reminded me of Dragons and racism and the good times we had ****ing with that dude.

Back