Forum Discussion/Meta Thread #???

But this new forum design is actually good, so eat shit.

Good; because there is no ****ing way the tan theme is ever coming back.

You read that right. Ever.

Over Chris' dead body.

That can be arranged.

Over Munro's dead body.

Ha! I'd like to see you arrange that. The staff can't even find or get hold of him, never mind you!

Good; because there is no ****ing way the tan theme is ever coming back.

You read that right. Ever.

Over Chris' dead body.

If you don't have a certain nostalgic appreciation(even if you hated it... especially if you hated it) for the various themes we've had over the past near decade, then you aren't a true hl2.netter. You're just some valvetime.net staffer!

Can staff show us the site traffic since VT.net started? I think we'd all like to know how successful the refocus has been.
I don't have stats here, no - but we've had far more traffic (mainly thanks to our news team) than we had in any later period as hl2.net

If you don't have a certain nostalgic appreciation(even if you hated it... especially if you hated it) for the various themes we've had over the past near decade, then you aren't a true hl2.netter. You're just some valvetime.net staffer!

Being nostalgic is one thing, and is fine. But nobody actually liked that theme. Or did you...?

*prepares the ban hammer*

Sorry Krynn but we all know there's no tags. It's shit.

guys do you remember when the site was cslled halflife.net oh man those were the days man

Being nostalgic is one thing, and is fine. But nobody actually liked that theme. Or did you...?

*prepares the ban hammer*

Lots of people liked the Tan-Theme. We've all grown fond of the various color schemes that were in effect on this site.

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/blue.92761/#post-1614643

OR DID YOU FORGET THAT!? Actually... you probably never even knew that.

e3ug2.png

Actually I think the theme does fit the forum. I mean, just think about it. We're in a state of despair. No news for years about the series we desperately want to continue. This theme reflects our pessimism, our hopelessness in that the best developer in the world will deliver on their promises. These are dark times for all of us, and let's hope that when that day comes, the day when the light breaks through the clouds, the gods of this forum will then honor BHC's wish to bring back a lighter-colored theme, as it would then be appropriate. But, for now, keep the darkness until the darkness within us is destroyed by light.

Shem is one of the few true Believers amongst us. He and I share the same gracious G-d.

This forum is like the outcasts in KOTOR. Holding out hope for the promised land, while slowly falling one by one to plague.

This forum is like the outcasts in KOTOR. Holding out hope for the promised land, while slowly falling one by one to plague.

Now that you've said this, I wanna go back and play that wonderful game. Just need to install it.

But then I remember I have Vista. ****.

I feel like the continued posting in this thread is just a cry for help for me to make a Misc. thread. You know what, I'm certain actually. Positive.

I feel like the continued posting in this thread is just a cry for help for me to make a Misc. thread. You know what, I'm certain actually. Positive.

Wouldn't be that big of a deal if it weren't for the anti-fun brigade.

Part of the reason there's so little activity on HL2.net is because so much of the activity that we try to engage in... such as keeping each other up to date on the crazy things going on in our lives, is squashed and deemed non-constructive.

It's off topic, so why can't we just shoot the shit in off topic?

Disable post count features on certain threads if you have to if you think that's all people are posting for... geez.

I haven't seen a thread closed or people warned for spam due to those things in ages, raz.

I mean just look at this thread.

Hey, let's discuss riomhaire. Yesterday I was stalking the Pictures of Yourself Jintor Style thread and found out that he is a fine, sexy man. Oh, and he can write. Just makes me tingle.

AND HE DRAWS, TOO. Almost forgot that. ****ing amazing.

the site should be changed to CIStime.net because I have seen no catering to pansexual MTF ultratrannies like myself you privileged CIS scum

check your straight white hetero-normative privilege at the door, please

This thread isn't on the level of Misc.
Right, but you weren't specifically talking about a misc thread in your post, it just seemed like offtopic or spammy discussion in general.

I, for one, like the new domain and theme. If only animated avatars worked again, then everything would be perfect.

The dark theme helps lurkers hide in the shadows.
At least I think that's how the internet works, right?

edit : How the hell does Mutoid man have less posts than me? Did you get a reset or something?

Man, that guy's everywhere, he permeates my dreams.

you're both retarded

48129.jpg

The dark theme helps lurkers hide in the shadows.
At least I think that's how the internet works, right?

edit : How the hell does Mutoid man have less posts than me? Did you get a reset or something?

Man, that guy's everywhere, he permeates my dreams.

No reset; I'm just like this lurker who posts just enough to keep my avatar fresh in people's minds.

TBH I think the chatroom may be been partly responsible for funnelling activity away from the main site. We also never advertise the bloody thing so new members won't know about it and think the community is dead.

I don't get the joke, were you supposed to lock this?

Back