Freaky Stuff, Subliminal Message

S

Soveliss

Freaky

I dunno if anyone else found this, but if u play the zombie's screaming sound backwords you can hear whoever did the voice screaming "help god help, HELP ME!", it creeped me out when i first heard it

you have to play it backwards to hear that? i swear i hear them saying that regularly.

well one way is just gibberish that sounds like that, the other one is really distinct

According to these forums, zombies speak Swedish, Danish, English, English backwards, Hebrew backwards, and obviously many more.

How is this subliminal messaging? You can't really understand stuff when it's played backwards... And plus, we are already under the impression that the zombie is screaming in help and pain, so what would be the point of trying to pass it subliminally? It was just a cool idea, so they did it.

whats this backwards business? i can hear "god help me" forwards

What the point? It can be heard fowards. It's like listening to radar backwards.

its actually recorded so that it sounds practically the same backwards as forwards..which is why it sounds so damn eerie..

same with some of the Gmans lines in the game,some words and phrases were spoken backwards and the recording plays it forwards..

by playing it backwards!

there is a thread about the "Screaming Zombies of Ravenholm" somewhere on this site that explains most of what I said more clearly

Funny, cuz what they say forwards sounds like "yeah buddy!!"

I never really paid attention to it. I just laugh my butt off when there that stupid to come after me when I set fire to the area.

Boy, I wish they had a Flamethrower in HL2. :) Loved it in RTCW.

*headscratch* I always thought they were screaming "OH WHY GOD, WHYYYY?!?"

BlackDahlia said:
*headscratch* I always thought they were screaming "OH WHY GOD, WHYYYY?!?"

ive heard that too. they scream many things

gabriel said:
ive heard that too. they scream many things

they told me:

*translated*

You are a crazy *can't understand* Hey OWWET

kind of.....

One more... very common one:
"ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

LOL could someone tell me which sound files have which words, I found the God Help Me one, dunno about the rest.

Edit: Oh wait i found one that says "You might ... <unknown syllable> like me."

I've listened it over and over again but i can't figure out what the unknown syllable is.

Subliminal (below the threshold of conscious perception) messages do not work. The "evidence" (which was never able to be scientifically duplicated) used to initially support the theory was eventually said, by the man that first made the claim, to have been a hoax done as a publicity stunt. Now, the only people that think it exists are people that have never heard of the part about it really just being a hoax, conspiracy theorists, and the kind of people that play every sound/song backwards to hear secret messages put in by the creators to supposedly further some sort of agenda. If anything is hidden in there it's probably just an easter egg... either that or they just didn't think the zombies should mention God and reversed the sounds as a quick fix.

wow. this is hilarious! but hang on a second though, how do the zombies talk at all? im sure for most of them, the human host is long dead when you decide to catch it on fire or something, and yet they still scream garbled english. does this imply that headcrabs know bits of english in which to channel through their dead hosts vocal chords? lol

So the zombies go round talking about dog? Haven't heard that now.

How do I hear this audio file? I wanna hear itttt!! *sulks*

gabriel said:
wow. this is hilarious! but hang on a second though, how do the zombies talk at all? im sure for most of them, the human host is long dead when you decide to catch it on fire or something, and yet they still scream garbled english. does this imply that headcrabs know bits of english in which to channel through their dead hosts vocal chords? lol

I think it means the "zombies" are not entirely dead under the control of the headcrabs.

CrazyHarij said:
I think it means the "zombies" are not entirely dead under the control of the headcrabs.

That thought just freaks me out. ;(

Zombies aren't dead. The brain (soul) of the victim is alive. As are muscles. Beyond that, most of the body has rotted. Victims have control of vocal cords, but not much else. Hence, zombies scream. Especially when on fire.

I still think they are saying
"Hear my...By alowing me..." forwards and
"god, help help me" backwards

Back