Games: Rate and Discuss

Trine - 6 or 7/10

I'm estimating I'm about 2/3 of the way through. I think it's a visually pretty game and well-made, but not a lot of depth to either the story or gameplay. I know you're on a quest to get three artifacts, or really just two since you get the first at the beginning, and along the way you're going through various environments like a dungeon, forest, etc. But (1) it's not emotionally investing enough for me to care, and (2) most of this is only apparent from the between-chapter text. The ambiance feels one-dimensional -- the dungeon didn't seem much more dismal than being out in the forest even though the character dialogue would suggest they're supposed to be very different. I also didn't get any sense of purpose or urgency to the gameplay. Hack up some skeletons, draw some boxes/planks to bridge gaps, collect green vials to level up the characters, rinse&repeat.

I'll definitely play through to the end -- it's not frustrating or "bad" in any way. I just expected more fun or at least more cleverness out of the "play three characters at the same time" gimmick.

Silly Valvetimers. What are you talking about?

Edit: Seriously though, words can't describe the wonderful feeling the multiplayer experience gives you.

I totally agree with your whole post, the multiplayer is completely sublime at certain moments. I met up with one person and we went through the journey. The music was about as heavenly as a soundtrack can get.

That looks like it'd be fun, too bad it's a PS3 exclusive. Also, Morse code would work with the singing, no? Loud for dashes, soft for dots? Not that anyone you randomly get selected with would likely know how to handle that.

Toy Soldiers (PC)

This game has finally come to the PC after a couple of years over on XBLA. In addition to the original game it also packs both of the DLCs that were released but sadly has had the multiplayer component removed.

The game is essentially a variation on the tower defence genre - the player has a number of small & large building pads on which to place turrets of various kinds in order to prevent enemy troops, land vehicles and aircraft from reaching his toybox. The twist on this is that the player may assume direct control of these turrets, which grants additional damage and takes target priority out of the hands of the AI. Additionally the game features a number of controlable vehicles - fighter & bomber aircraft, light & heavy tanks and sniper towers.

The setting is the First World War, after a fashion. As the game's title suggests it is about toy soldiers - infanty are diecast models, vehicles are clockwork toys and turrets presented like dioramas on wooden bases. Things are slightly exaggerated and reminders that you're playing a game within a game never far away - the boxes your soldiers came in, mugs, table lamps, etc are dotted about the place and each battlefield is on a table in a larger room. Usually with "Signal Toy Company" themed imagery surrounding it. The asthetic is rather nice, reminding me of the scenes one would see set out in museams. It also somewhat lessens the guilt of breaking out the poison gas and flamethrowers on poor fritz/tommy.

Gameplay is rather fun and can be very challenging, especially at higher difficulties (the harder than hard "elite" difficulty requires the player to man the turrets himself - they will not fire when not under direct control, which makes things rather trickey). The range of enemy units and defensive turrets makes the player have to choose the right weapons for the situation and put them in the right place. Additionally, artillery must have its archs of fire aligned - failure to do so puts your highest damage output units facing the wrong way and useless. Additionaly while playing through the British campagin one's available weapons are limited and slowly unlocked, introducing the player to different concepts in an easy to deal with manner. Once a turret is unlocked it can then be used on any of the levels. This restriction does not apply for the other campagins. For the completionists out there each campagin has special challenges with collectable, WWI themed ration box themed items such as bully beef (and also unlock film grain overlays once all the items for a campagin have been collected) and a medal for completing each level on "elite" difficulty.

While only single player is available it offers a fair amount of available gameplay. There is the original game content - a pair of 12 mission campagins, one for the British army and another for the Germans (once the British campagin has been completed) and a survival map each (where the player has to hold on as long as possible against an infinite number of enemy waves). However, the German campagin and survival map are mostly just rehashes of the British equivelant, but the changes in position of turret pads, enemy forces and increased difficulty make them worth a playthrough.

In addition there is the two DLC packs - The Kaiser's Battle, where the player commands French troops (the British faction from the original with French crews replacing British and some weapons replaced with French models - Hotchkiss MGs instead of Vickers guns, etc) against the Germany's 1918 Spring Offensive and Invasion! The German army must face off against an enemy that is not of this toybox (with UFOs, medievil knights, fire engines and more...). Each of these packs features a 3 mission campagin and a new survival map each.

While personally not a big tower defence player I found this game great fun - the direct control mechanic lets you get right into the action and make a difference and the setting & asthetic are rather appealing. It is, however, rather a shame that the cooperative multiplayer of the Xbox 360 version of the game didn't make it over to the PC. This also makes the Games For Windows Live integration somewhat questionable, at best (and, of course, rather annoying). However, on the otherside you do get everything else for only £4.99. I'd certainly say that its worth a fiver (and slightly cheaper than the Xbox 360 version with all the DLCs, apparently).

These are tying me over until Diablo 3.

Torchlight - 8/10

A pretty Diablo distraction. Fairly decent story, solid gameplay mechanics, if a little fiddly what with 8 hotkeys. 1-8 on the keyboard plus 2 mouse buttons is NOT user friendly. Loving the pet addition though, hauls off your gear and sells it for you. Nice, keeps you running around killing things. Anyone that has played Diablo will feel right at home, and its actually alot harder than you think on 'hard' difficulty. You die. Alot.

But yeah, take Diablo 3, shorten the story, give it Warcraft 3/WoW graphics, add a useful pet that can summon zombies (if you wish, as you can add 2 spells to your pet) and sell your loot, and you have a nice Diablo tie-over until Diablo 3. Although I can see myself getting sick of the genre before Diablo 3, so I may stop playing it for a while.

Sniper Elite V2 - 7/10

Sorry, there's a story? Hmm, if you say so. No idea to be honest.

This game feels alot like Hidden and Dangerous meets Splinter Cell. Sniping mechanics are solid though, with bullet drop and wind coming into the equation should you want it to. And the x-ray kills where you see your round penetrate the enemy's body(ies, yes, you can take out like 4 guys with one round) is very, very cool. Unfortunately, its pretty much the games only selling point. Its cool, but not enough to save it.

Being a sniper, as we know, is about stealth, waiting, watching for that perfect shot.

Unfortunately here, you have to action-3rd-person your way to the location, stealth take down a few guys, lie down, take the shot, then end up shooting everyone in the area anyway as they have laser vision and instantly know where you are (only once you fire or are spotted though), and killing everyone is a requirement before the mission progresses in some cases.

Pretty game though, and the animations are nicely done.

Kingdom of Amalur : Reckoning - 9/10

Just started this one. Ridiculously pretty, this is what WOW should have looked like. Bloom overkill, but god, I cant get over how cool this game looks. The creature designs are FANTASTIC. Animations are perfect. The magical effects are B E A UUUUUTIFUL. And it all runs so smoothly.

Probably one of the prettiest games I've seen in a while. Sure, it's no Crysis 2, it's not meant to be photo-realistic. This is..gamer graphics.

But this game has quite simply, THE BEST 3RD PERSON COMBAT I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. The flow, the way the camera works, the way you can mix it up is just fantastic. This is what Dragon Age 2 should have been like. This is how The Witcher 2 should have played like.

You gain 'fate' when you kill certain creatures, mainly humans, and this builds up your fate bar, and you unleash it. This slows time, and enables 1-shot, quick-time-like kills/executions that drain ALL your fate's bar, and give you more xp for clicking/hitting the button quickly to fill the QTE bar/circle. Think of it as a sort of shadow realm you enter, and you dash around faster, attack faster, hit harder, and have some of the best looking executions in gaming. You create magical spears that you stab into the ground, pick the guy up and slam him down on, or throw it into the face of a boss.

Seriously, the combat is very, VERY addictive. And its just...fun.

Not really caring for the story, even though its well acted and seems deep enough a few hours in. I'm listening and reading, just not really taking it in as I dont really care right now. Just give me more loot and combat!

And the game is HUGE.

I cant help but think; why cant all MMORPGs be like this game? Its a singleplayer game, but has veins of MMORPG running through it. Even the woodland areas look almost straight out of WoW's elven areas.

But hey, when combat is executed THIS well, you dont care. Its simply awesome.

The only grip I have is with the menu system. Finding your abilities is overly complicated, and its not really clear. Something about cards assigned to what type of character you want to play, still figuring it all out. Levelling system is a bit confusing too.

Botanicula - 8/10; Machinarium - 7/10; Samorost2 - 5/10

I got all three in the last Humble Bundle and played them all, so might as well compare them.

Gameplay-wise, Machinarium has the best puzzle/"logic" elements (although they are still fairly weak). A huge improvement over Samorost, which felt mostly like clicking on things with little foresight on what they'd do. Samorost2 isn't the worst (I mean, no logic is better than evil, punishing, Roberta Williams clown logic...), but puzzle elements were mostly non-existent. Machinarium actually incorporates some hints or examples that lead you to logical solutions, and feels more like a traditional adventure game. The biggest frustration for me was that sometimes clickable items weren't obvious enough. I probably wasted a couple of hours because I didn't notice things like a lever on the side of a panel. Having a walkthrough in-game was very helpful for these points, but that minigame you need to pass in order to open the walkthrough: argh! If I'm frustrated enough to want the walkthrough, that's not a great time to make me play a minigame first.

Botanicula is somewhere in between Samorost and Machinarium in terms of gameplay. There was definitely still a click-everything-clickable element, but sometimes you had to think a little. But it managed to feel neither like random clicking, nor like genuine puzzle-solving. Definitely ended up being the least frustrating of the three. The only thing I disliked was that you weren't warned if you were about to permanently leave an area before you had a chance to explore everywhere. Not necessary to complete the game, but I'd like to have gotten everything in one run. Main pros for me were that it had the prettiest/most colorful artwork and most likable characters (and you meet >100 different creatures, mostly cute). Overall, a fun and happy game, and my favorite of the three.

Garry's Mod 9/10

Rediscovered this game merely by how small a file it is to download. I used to play this game back in the day a lot but then stopped for a long time. As of lately there are tons of mods and servers full of people (some have around 80 players) and many of the role playing servers are obviously fun

Kingdom of Amalur : Reckoning - 9/10
This is how The Witcher 2 should have played like

Wat? no. I am playing it right now, the combat is fun, but in no way fits in with the Witcher 2

Levelling system is a bit confusing too.

Are you playing on the xbox or something? It's pretty straight forward : p

Yeah, now that I have looked at it properly, the cards thing makes sense now. I wasnt really paying attention and didnt expect the system to work the way it does, so got confused at the 'change'.

Selecting where and what to drop points into is easy though.

Super Meat Boy
I don't like this game. I don't like how it controls. I don't like how it feels. I don't like the mechanics. It feels so jerky and awful to me. I don't like playing this game.

Alan Wake - 7/10

I don't know what surprised me more about this game: the fact that I bought it at all after the original insulting farce concerning its format, or the fact that I really kind of like it despite how flawed and limited it is in some ways.

I was blown away early on by how slick it looks. That real time lighting really earns its salt in terms of atmospheric payoff. Some of the daytime landscape vistas are sumptuous also. The combat on the other hand started off merely 'irritating' and graduated to 'ok, but shallow' once I had gotten accustomed to it and fatigued by it in equal measure. In fact the combat kind of puts this game at odds with itself, since AW's real draw for me was the fascinating setting and atmosphere, yet instead of savouring those aspects of it I found myself having to play fairly average action game within their context. It's a difficult one because it's hard to pinpoint what Remedy could have done to make the main gameplay less of a grind - maybe more Alan-vs-the-possessed-landscape sections and more brutal editing of the endless waves of shadow drones could have done it, or maybe their original vision of the game contained a better idea of player interaction with the setting.

Still, like I say I really kind of liked it. It's great to play a 'thriller' game that's more about the psychological thrill of suspense, rather than the visceral thrill of grotesque horror. I love the influences at play in the story and it's a credit to Remedy that they were more or less able to make Twin Peaks/various Stephen King themes work well within a compact narrative. The basic Lynch/King/Herbert premise of 'throw a lot of great unsettling ideas in a blender, pour contents of blender on viewer, say demons did it' could have felt cheap, but I did feel gratified by the end (note: I'm not saying that demons did it). It remained gratifying even though the content is overly padded out, and the main method of padding is combat against shadow creatures which for me lost their story-mystique early on.

So yeah, I'd strongly recommend AW for the experience but I feel in no rush to go back to it or try American Nightmare. In fact I tried one of the DLC tidbits and quickly stalled mid-episode - the ratio of Unique Unsettling Atmos to Fatiguing Combat Grind seemed to be all out of whack. In fact the Taken were spawning at greater rates and numbers than they had been at the end of the main game. Artificially drawing out a short experience by suddenly ramping up the difficulty... classic padding, that. Forgiveable in gamey games, IMO, but less so in storeyey games without real compelling gameplay hooks. Still, main game: worth it.

Is that better? Is there a demo?

It's pretty ****ing great. Not sure if there is a demo.

I hated SMB competely, I didn't enjoy it at all. Dustfoce however is fantastic. First of all, it's designed to be played on a keyboard - no SMB controller bullshit. It's always relaxing to play Dustforce. The atmosphere is always very peaceful although the levels can be extremely hard. There's a wide variety of difficulties. The levels are divided into different areas which all have levels from very easy to very hard. So there's a pretty loose difficulty curve.

And the graphics and the music are just fantastic.

Edit: And they recently released a level editor.

Oh, that reminds me:

The Binding of Isaac - no/10

Terrible game. The art is so wobbly that you can't tell where the actual boundaries of enemies and projectiles are, which ruins everything. Fun genre, interesting narrative, infinitely worse than the first Smash TV and just not fun to play. Super Meat Boy was better and I was bored of that faster than I was bored of the internet flash game N.

Alan Wakes American Nightmare PC - 7.5/10

This game has a few issues such as the repetitive nature of the environments and quests but if you take the time to collect the manuscript pages and listen to the extra dialogue it actually gives a fair few answers about the Wake universe. Combat is perhaps a little to easy this time around due to the high powered selection of weapons but I believe the PC version has a nightmare mode so I'll check that out. Fight till dawn is a fun time waster that sees you trying to survive waves of Taken for ten minutes until the sun rises.
Overall a decent spin off for the price and a good game to tide me over till Alan Wake 2.]

Max Payne 3 PS3 - 9/10

Was worried about how this would turn out after the promo material but Rockstar have stepped up and made a game that comes second on my list in the Max Payne franchise after MP1. Rockstar have done a great job of developing the character of Max further. They kept the slo-mo gameplay from the previous game and refined it with a few of their own mechanics. The PS3 version sufferes from some frame rate issues now and again so I am looking foward to seeing how the PC version turns out.

Kingdoms of Amalur 6/10

This game's flaws are hard to describe without experiencing them first hand.

First I will start with the good-
-Combat, as said many times before is fast and satisfying.
-Diverse/mixed builds are easy and fun to create.
-Environments and graphics are very pretty in my opinion.
-Good enemy variation.

The bad-
-Stealth.
-Usually "meh" loot. Also no sharing loot between your other characters.
-Boring Quests.
-Exploration. (This is the big one for me, and the reason I cannot continue with the game) The game is MASSIVE and pretty, and while I understand that this is not meant to be Skyrim, (where you can climb a mountain and all that) exploration is incredibly dull.... sometimes flat out irritating. Aside from the fact that there is almost zero reason to explore this massive map, there are invisible walls on every slight bump. It is jarring. I know that invisible walls had to be implemented to some degree, due to the constant dodging in this game (no one wants to dodge off a cliff..) But there are so many, you are constantly pulled from any sort of immersion in the game.

Dear Esther - 7/10

I played the mod first, so it feels more natural to do this as a comparative review. The most obvious plus is the graphical overhaul, which was amazing. Even with the awful lag on my laptop, I really loved what they did... the foliage, the starry sky.... wow. I actually found myself identifying plant species when you happen upon the first patch of flowers. They also added many more features to the landscape that made the journey more interesting (and, for the most part, made up for the inability to bunny hop through long sections). The other major improvement was in the music; same themes but with fuller arrangements.

Unfortunately, some changes were a little disappointing:
- I was under the impression that additional or modified dialogue would be provided, but as far as I can tell, there was only one new bit of dialogue, and the rest was exactly the same as the mod. While I thought it was still worth what I paid (during the $5 sale) to experience the new world, it would've been nice to have more than just visual/auditory improvements.
- The maps were changed to be significantly more linear. The original mod made you feel rewarded for exploration by providing dialogue and scenes that you otherwise could have skipped. In the new version, it's virtually impossible to avoid visiting every scene in order to progress through the game. This includes the two most rewarding "bonus" bits from the mod:
the hermit's cave and the paper boats -- these are now directly on the path. Also, the part with the silhouetted figure was removed entirely.

One last comment:
For perhaps the first time ever in a game, I almost dozed off while playing. I know that sounds like a criticism, but I liked the relaxing atmosphere. Perhaps I'm getting old and lazy, but it was nice to walk through the story and just chill, even to the verge of it turning into sleepy-time.

P.S. Learned that the developers are now working on two new games. One is the sequel to Amnesia, which is great for all those who mentioned that they wanted the Dear Esther atmosphere for an Amnesia-type game. Having watched a Let's Play for Amnesia, I'm not too interested (I'm fine with action-horror games like Fear, but torture chambers and body parts strewn about are too sickening for my tastes). But their other upcoming apocalypse game, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, sounds interesting. I do hope they go for a more poignant route (as in Nevil Shute's On the Beach) or put the violent elements to good use (The Road) instead of overdoing it for shock effect. The game title suggests "horrific bloodbath" though, so I'll be cautiously optimistic.

the hermit's cave and the paper boats -- these are now directly on the path. Also, the part with the silhouetted figure was removed entirely.
The silhouetted figure is in the game, but it seems to appear either in several pre-set spots at random, or on repeated play-throughs. I've seen it in the beginning of chapter two, in the left, raised branch of the path, and in the last chapter, on a cliff halfway to the radio mast.

The silhouetted figure is in the game, but it seems to appear either in several pre-set spots at random, or on repeated play-throughs. I've seen it in the beginning of chapter two, in the left, raised branch of the path, and in the last chapter, on a cliff halfway to the radio mast.

Ah, thanks! I'll have to play through again and look for it.

Dragon's Dogma (XB360) - 8/10

Holy flying sheep ****er was I positively surprised by this game. Capcom actually managed to make a truly great open-world action RPG! Spent an average of 10 hours a day playing this since I picked it up on the 25th. I am too lazy to go into details now but if anyone is looking for a fun RPG with some novel ideas (Such as the Pawn system) then you at least owe it to yourself to give this game a rent on the 360 or PS3!

EVE Online (unsure/10)

I like it. I like the ships, and I like the guns and missiles that you can shoot with those ships. But it has one helluva steep learning curve, and it seems that soloing casuals like me aren't going to get too much out of this game, since multiplayer interaction seem to be the major point to EVE.
Missions give you something to do, but aren't really challenging. It takes too much time to get to one place to another, and the game doesn't give you things to do; you have to actively find them. I haven't been able to try PvP yet, but I would think that PvP might be the only thing that would allow you to enjoy the game in the long-term.
Still, the idea of piloting your own spaceship and mining rocks in the middle of space, shooting down pirates with railguns and nuclear missiles is very endearing to me.
Until I'm able to experience PvP, or at least player interaction, I'm not going to rate this. Seems promising if you have friends to play with though. Too bad I don't have too much time.

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

Everyone seemed to HATE this game, but I bought BF premium and went in with an open mind, and I actually like this CQ thing. If I want to play big huge BF style maps, I can. But if I want to play a CoD style map, I can do that now all from one game. The new weapons are awesome. All of them. Gun Master is TONS of fun, those very close quarter TDMs are sweet. I had a 71/20 match today. I tried out the engineer class which I never ever play. Took out the M4A1, iron sights, stock gun and just ruined with the thing. Didn't even use my rocket launcher or anything.

People complain about it being too much like CoD, but it does what CoD does and it does it actually very well, better than CoD does CoD.

More customization for your guns like camo, which is cool. More assignments, more guns, more maps, more modes, more more more. I knew it'd be worth it to buy premium just for Armored Kill (I think that's what it's called, the next expansion), but CQ caught me by surprise.

7.5/10

Keep in mind while reading this that I've never been a fan of CoD, and didn't even start playing online shooters (well after CS) until BF3.

HE BOUGHT BF PREMIUM

TYPICAL PC PEASANTS

Inversion - 2/10

Piece of shit game with plot holes everywhere and the only redeeming factor is

Skullgirls - huge tits/10

fighting games suck, but look at those wonderfully animated vaginas

Mass Effect 3 7/10

Kinda disappointed a little bit with this installment. To me it felt very repetitive, there wasn't much exploration. The characters said silly lines, the ending was pure shit and obnoxious, plus it felt like there were 3 enemy types and they came at you all the same way. I just wish it was more like 1 and 2. Also I had no idea I didn't finish about 20 missions because it was simply to vague on where I was to go next. TBH this game felt like it was rushed but at the same time highly polished. I would have loved to have seen less cutscenes and more variety in this game.

They should have added:

1) More Exploration
2) Better Mission Layouts
3) Better cooperation with your teammates in missions (they felt static)
4) Less Cutscenes
5) Ditch some sloppy dialog
6) Made the saving of Earth a priority (talking to people on Earth or elsewhere while its getting demolished seemed laughable)
It would have been nice to seen more of our Solar System....which was totally unbelievable that you didn't get to explore our own back yard which by then there would have been hundreds of space stations and or colonies around Earth.

On the plus side, the visuals in this game were stunning, the multiplayer was fun, and the sense of atmosphere was amazing. I seriously believe ME2 was the best of the series, then the 1st came is the second best. This game was obviously the worst and I don't understand the high praise for the game. It had some serious flaws

I gave it a 7/10 because if it sucked any worse I would have stopped playing it plus the multiplayer was great so I still felt like I got my monies worth

Fair enough. Just looked like that whole post was all hate on the game, seemed like you didn't like it at all. You gave 3 pros and the rest of your post was cons :D

Battlefield 3 9/10

The Singleplayer I'd rate a 8.5/10 and the multiplayer a 9.5/10. Both sections of the game offer plenty of gameplay to make me happy, but I jumped into multiplayer first then singleplayer I chipped away at slowly. Singleplayer story was much better than Call of Duty: MW3, and it wasn't entirely off the walls bogus...it was believable to a degree. The multiplayer is where this game has legs though. I've played the majority of BF games and this one stands out as a great installment. The maps are well thought out, the weapons are balanced, and the amount of players online means at any time of day you can simply jump in and find a game you're looking for with ease. I highly recommend this game if you like online shooters and action that requires a decent amount of skill. Also the amount of extra content is perfect and it still keeps me wanting more

You're on PC, right? What's your screenname, man!

Also: I thought the single player was average. In fact it was so ridiculously average I can't even bring myself to play it. I don't know, I've been with BF since the release of 1942 and it really really just doesn't work as a linear game with a story for me. It's just weird to hear a story and not be able to pick my own kit and such.

Alan Wake (PC) - 5/10

What can I say about Alan Wake. It has great graphics for one thing, the game looks amazing, especially the lighting and shadows. I played it with an Xbox controller and thought it controlled fine (I tried mouse and keyboard, seemed way too clunky). The story was enjoyable, it didn't exactly keep me on the edge of my seat but it left me wanting to know where it was headed.

The major let downs for me were the enemies, combat, and repetitive environments and game play mechanics. My God is the combat frustrating. Each chapter would have a similar goal, such as "reach X" or "Get to X" and would consist of running through either a forest or industrial area fighting groups of taken every ten steps. While it's a pretty original concept, the combat became tedious pretty quickly. By the end I was just running past everything.

The Good
- Great graphics
- Interesting story

The Bad
- Terrible combat
- Uncanny valley
- Repetitive environments and game play mechanics (i.e "I need to get this generator running" or "I need to defend this area while I wait for something")

I had fun a lot of the time, but I don't think I'll play the extra episodes.

Also, the cheapest jumpscares I've ever seen.

Still an 8/10 from me. It was something fresh. I loved the TV show form. + the mandatory 0.5 points for being Finnish.

You're on PC, right? What's your screenname, man!

Also: I thought the single player was average. In fact it was so ridiculously average I can't even bring myself to play it. I don't know, I've been with BF since the release of 1942 and it really really just doesn't work as a linear game with a story for me. It's just weird to hear a story and not be able to pick my own kit and such.

I'm on the 360. My laptop doesn't run BF3 but I have it on Origin because I thought my PC could run it. Unless they patched it so that integrated video cards could work with it

Spec Ops: The Line

I'm breaking it down exactly how it is and if you disagree well then I'm sorry I'll have to ask you what it's like to be wrong and also an idiot and wait for you to write a 3 paragraph argument describing how butthurt you are about being wrong.

Gameplay - 6/10

Typical third person shooter gameplay. Nothing new here., Tight controls. Satisfying enough. Guns all feel different from each other. It's your average shooting, as such it gets a 6 out of 10.

Story - 9/10

This is the best story in any military shooter released for video games and you're a goddamned moron if you don't play it and if you try to argue with me I'm not even going to bother trying to convince you because that already tells me you're a moron.

Heart of Darkness (hell even the villain is named after the author + [MOVIE NAME REDACTED TO RETAIN PLOT BECAUSE IT HINGES ON THIS] + Apoc Now + a little bit of Vietnam war in Dubai.

For butt's sake if anyone on this forum is EVER going to listen to me about something instead of being such a jaded f*ggot who hates video games or so up their own ass about their "standards" then play it.

Back