Games That Deserve Rebirth

I used to say X-COM, but now they're making a new one. And it's a goddamn shooter.

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm waiting for the next Thief game. It has so much potential - but they'll prolly end up making it more like Assassin's Creed. Prolly call it Assassin's Greed.

They need to revive 10six and make it what it was supposed to be... but no one wants it anymore.

^ Heroes of Might and Magic V ain't too far off.

that tresspaser game looks interesting,I allways wondered why no one made a jurrasic park game where you roam freely trough the island looking for things to survive and such,and I see is cuz it was already done but in not such a good way but still it looks very tempting

Agreed for Freedom Fighters and Dungeon Keeper.

Do you really want someone to ruin the series?

Would love to see more from the Oddworld series. Totally fell in love with that universe.

Dark Forces.

Yes!

SIMCITY!

SimCity_2000_Coverart.png

Einhander
Bushido Blade
Destrega
Panzer Dragoon
Road Rash

Vampire masquerade bloodlines.

Get rid of all the bugs, fix up the game, and it's good to go.

Yes!

SIMCITY!

SimCity_2000_Coverart.png

Will Wright is done making good games. He's come to a point in his life where he wants to transcend what makes games good to try and make them some kind of "artistic masterpiece" which makes them more into "total crap."

I personally think they should remake all of the original Sim games - even Sim Farm... which was the originator to all these copycat farm games. Sim City started going downhill with 3000 and Sim City 4 and expansions were just crap. They took way too much work just to get started and then didn't offer much but incredibly slow pacing.

I echo the calls for Syndicate, Oni, Jet Set Radio, Road Rash, Panzer Dragoon and Busido Blade.

Magic Carpet, Space Harrier, Pilot Wings and Star Fox need a Wii rebirth. Oh, Little Big Adventure too.

I came here to say I love Homeworld and I've played all of them thoroughly. I also must admit that I didn't beat the first one. I hate thinking about the fact that I stood in front of Hiigara and never managed to beat that final mission. It was just way too hard. Of course, the later games never recreated that desperation and epic feeling that the first one did. Being an interstellarscrub traveling across the galaxy for the first time... meeting all sorts of people who wanna kill you and some who want to help you...

However - that massive cannon from Cataclysm was awesome.

I heard something about a third coming to the franchise but it might have just been speculation.
That would be awesome but it seems like Relic is just sitting on the IP. They're super busy with DOW2 and (presumably) the sequel to Company of Heroes. I wish I could find my discs for either of the two HW games...

Heroes of Might and Magic 3.
Yeah, the HOMM series kind of died after the HOMM3 expansion. IV wasn't even comparable IMO. I played all of the first three games when I was younger. I'd also really like to see a new Might and Magic game, there is a soft spot in my heart for Might and Magic 6 and 7.

Also, I can't believe nobody's said this yet (I think) - NO ONE LIVES FOREVER.

Yeah, the HOMM series kind of died after the HOMM3 expansion. IV wasn't even comparable IMO. I played all of the first three games when I was younger. I'd also really like to see a new Might and Magic game, there is a soft spot in my heart for Might and Magic 6 and 7.

Also, I can't believe nobody's said this yet (I think) - NO ONE LIVES FOREVER.

HoMM4 was crud imo, but 5 is very much a spiritual successor to 3.

Sim Earth, Sim Farm, Sim Tower are just some of the games I'd like to see given new life.

I used to spend like 4 hours a day playing Sim Copter in 5th grade.

Oh lol I remember Sim Copter. I was never able to rescue those idiots off the tops of the trains.

A rebirth of the isometric Fallout would be great. Too bad it probably will never happen.

Last I heard of "Oddworld Inhabitants" they were moving away from the game industry and planing to start making 3d animated movies with their original characters and settings. I read that in an interview a few years ago, haven't heard anything since...

they're planning to port their old shit to PC to earn easy money.

Love to see a full version remake of the original Asteroids.

You should be able to fly in any 2D direction, and also visit other planets (some with futuristic cities) and engage other ships. Attack cities..

Could be online co-op. (where you don't have to be on the same part of the universe/same screen) I don't see a reason to cap it at only 2 players, either.

Last I heard of "Oddworld Inhabitants" they were moving away from the game industry and planing to start making 3d animated movies with their original characters and settings. I read that in an interview a few years ago, haven't heard anything since...

That would be a dream... if they could make them with the same charm as the original game. Would be ****ing unbelievable.

I used to spend like 4 hours a day playing Sim Copter in 5th grade.

OMG that game was addicting as hell! I also used to spend way too much time playing that game.

all sim games were addicting, especially sim farms :p

Homeworld? Remake before revival. The later games were incomparably more complete as strategy titles (though greatly diluted from their own ambitious beginnings), but as soon as they'd done the whole simple, striking Battlestar Galactica journey home, the singleplayer lore devolved into over-complex space-mysticism and naff cliche. The apparent absence of what must surely be a profitable series from the thriving market for downloadable classics just adds fuel to the fire for a total remake.

Thief... did anyone hear about the modern-day reimagining that got aborted? It would have got a lot of people's backs up (Thief fans and game demonisers alike), but it's an interesting concept. I can live without it, sure, but it seemed a more interesting prospect than a sequel, considering the originals make quite a neat trilogy.

Alpha Centauri II has to happen sometime. Technically another reboot of course (or a Civilzation V sequel, from another perspective...). I suppose the big question is whether they go for a straight update with the old story intact, or whether they create a new set of factions and something to replace the xenofungus / mindworms. Been so long since the original, either would be great.

Something Unreal could be fruitful. As a pre-HL game, the original game seems simplistic and daft, but Unreal 2 Illustrates why that's actually slightly redeeming. Epic's continued attempts to enrich the Unreal universe with rubbish and inconsistent factions recommend a reboot, but then a pure Unreal game about being a lone gun in an alien wilderness doesn't necessarily need 'rebooting'. Less would be more, a philosophy they should apply to the art-style as well.*

*Why aren't there more 'frontiersman' FPS games, where you're exploring a diverse, dangerous, unexplored alien planet? I suspect this type of game is just around the corner again, even if we're not allowed to venture out without a bunch of AI squadmates.

*Why aren't there more 'frontiersman' FPS games, where you're exploring a diverse, dangerous, unexplored alien planet? I suspect this type of game is just around the corner again, even if we're not allowed to venture out without a bunch of AI squadmates.

Agreed - more exploring and discovery is required! Metroid Prime is the only series that does this at the moment.

Back