Gears of War (X360) Discussion!

This game rocks. Awesome single player experience and the co-op makes it twice as badass. It's a challenge too, the first time you run up to a couple of drones like you gonna bring somethin' - only to have them bitchslap your hardcore gamer status back to no where. :LOL:

This game has done just what HL2 has. . . not only lived up to the hype, but surpassed it. :borg:

This game has done just what HL2 has. . . not only lived up to the hype, but surpassed it. :borg:
Yeah, but you can't compare the two really; one's a graphically stunning arcade shooter and one redfined videogame story-telling in a genre-defining moment of brilliance. Elevator Action Returns is not Metal Gear Solid 2.

A demo kiosk with this would NEVER be empty and would be guaranteed to sell systems. Too bad people are so uptight.

I just had the BEST round of GoW ever!

It was that street map (dunno what it's called).

FF was on and some idiot on my team killed himself and a teammate with a grenade. The other guy covering my back was blown up by a rocket so it was me vs 4 guys. I'm behind some cover trying to figure out where they all are. 2 of them are coming at me, one with the bow and the other has his Lancer out. They split up and move around to either side of my cover so I can't really maneuver. They're very close - I leave my cover, just as lancer guy started revving up his chainsaw. I dive straight at the rocket guy, he fires, it flies right over my head as I roll, I blast him in the face with my shotgun as his shot hits and kills his lancer teammate.

Just as I reload, a guy down a hall starts shooting at me, I find cover, blind fire a bit, he falls back into his cover. I bust out my smoke grenade, throw it between him and me in this thin hall. Then I move around smoke to a flanking area. I come behind him and chainsaw him. 1 to go.

The last guy is nowhere to be found. I go to the sniper rifle area. Grab it, leave the sniper area and start searching on street level (it's easy to be seen up in the sniper area. I manage to pick him out through like 4 car windows and line up the headshot. Boom, he goes down.

amishslayer you seem to be really good at this game, what i really like is how oyu onle need 3 guys if oyu want to make a clan :) now that would be fun.

amishslayer you seem to be really good at this game, what i really like is how oyu onle need 3 guys if oyu want to make a clan :) now that would be fun.

I think lots of the people I'm facing haven't played much of the sp and underestimate the use of cover.

I and my entire team just got our asses punched in on some map I've never played. They'd all rush one side while my team was all spread out doing Science knows what and they just destroyed us over and over. :(

They'd all rush one side while my team was all spread out doing Science knows what and they just destroyed us over and over. :(
Ahahahahaha! That whole 2-part episode had me in stitches--good usage!!!

Good GoW skills too from the sound of it. And here's poor me without a 360 because I am a cheap bastage...;(

it's incredible... my own personal review coming when I can pry my hands off the controller

I don't know what the 'Science knows what' line is but I'm so using that.

Lately I've been getting massively bored by video games in general. Hell, I've only had Double Agent for like three weeks, but I haven't touched it in almost two. But Gears has made video games interesting again. The campaign is great fun (haven't tried co-op yet :(), and the multiplayer... Science damn is it ever fun.

Yes, I'm replacing "God" with "Science" in all online conversations from now on, except when actually talking about god.

GOW looks high-def even when it's on an SDTV :D
Yeah, I was a bit worried my standard set wouldn't do it justice, but after downloading the in-engine commercial from XBL, my fears were quickly put to rest :)

Yeah, sounds like an awesome match Amish. I absolutely love games where you can pull off crazy shit like this and get away with it, even if it's a one in a hundred shot, if it's doable then it's always gonna be fun to try.

Oh, and you'd probably need more than that for a clan, unless you all knew you were gonna be on at the same time for every match ;) But you wouldn't need many, which is good. Sounds like a game where you really need to familiarise with your team to get good... just hope they add clan matches at some point, put them on a seperate ladder or something.

Few questions about the multi (if anyone can pry themselves away long enough to answer ;)) - can you play in an online match with two people playing from the same console, split screen (ala Ghost Recon)? Are there bots for VS matches, and can you use them offline? Could you use them offline, split screen with another person? Is 4 player coop online possible?

GRAHH! Science help me, the wait is going to kill me...

Yeah, sounds like an awesome match Amish. I absolutely love games where you can pull off crazy shit like this and get away with it, even if it's a one in a hundred shot, if it's doable then it's always gonna be fun to try.

That match was the most memorable experience I've had in a game in a long time. I've read how they've wanted to make GoW cinematic...and this is definitely something out of a movie or something. I'd say they succeeded.

Few questions about the multi (if anyone can pry themselves away long enough to answer ;)) - can you play in an online match with two people playing from the same console, split screen (ala Ghost Recon)? Are there bots for VS matches, and can you use them offline? Could you use them offline, split screen with another person? Is 4 player coop online possible?

GRAHH! Science help me, the wait is going to kill me...

There are no bots in the game and I can't say whether or not you can play split screen on live (I think you could though). Coop is only 2 players though. There are sections of the plot where it's just you and Dom while the others are doing something mundane so the 4 doesn't make sense (well I suppose the extra 2 could just be generic soldiers).

I wish more of you had this game and played it online :( I've only seen a couple of you play it (that I have on my friends list) and you're going through the SP. I'm kinda waiting on my coop buddy to continue with my SP campaign playthrough.

I judt wish there more difficulty setting like legendary for halo2

sweet i love a good challange!anyways back to me , is this game worth buying a 360 for?ive been on the edge for awhile ps3 or 360 but this game looks really fun!!

Insane difficulty is really insane. It is fricken sweet to play on xbox live

Beating insane is supposedly up there with beating Halo/2 on legendary, if not harder o.o

In a review I read, after completing it on hardcore, the reviewer died 20 times before beating the very first mission on insane...

is this game worth buying a 360 for?
Probably not, but the titles coming out next year are plenty good reason. I am just a cheap mofo who is waiting until the first price drop (or for Bioshock/AlanWake/Assassin'sCreed to release).

From what I'm hearing, GoW is THE reason to get a 360.

I've been playing it for the past 30 + minutes and I can safely say, I'm loving it. When my 5 day rental expires, they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead disc tray.

I jsut got it, After I have dinner, I'll be playing it for the next 18 hours.
(See: WoW Addict.)

Is there anything innovative about this game besides purty graphics?

I saw some footage on a gaming show and it looked like a standard run and shoot deal.

I can't say I've read one article about this game it's all just been here say.

Well, the cover thing is kinda like splinter cell, you choose how you want to jump out: jump over it, run out the side, or dive out the side. For you people who think the timing reload this sounds gay.. all it does it reload faster. Think of it as this: If you hit it right, it goes in smoothly and you reload without any problems. if you get it bad, you fumble and screw it up, making you take more time. Also, you can just wait the 2 seconds for a normal reload: usually youll be in such a heat of battle youll forget about it.

Just got to the part where you must lure the Berserker out of the building. F*ck that.

Edit: Also, whenever I try to join an online game, be it co-op or versus match, it never connects. A message comes up saying "Your connection to the host has been lost." every time. I've only been able to connect to one co-op game.

Just got to the part where you must lure the Berserker out of the building. F*ck that.

Edit: Also, whenever I try to join an online game, be it co-op or versus match, it never connects. A message comes up saying "Your connection to the host has been lost." every time. I've only been able to connect to one co-op game.

You probably have a router that's not compatible with XBL. Mine does the same thing a lot. It just makes certain games un-joinable. I plan to get a supported wireless router soon (then I don't need to buy an ethernet adapter for my Wii either).

Played the game at my friends house iunno i wasent too impressed for some reason i didnt like the controls, but i didnt have much play time we had to leave to goto a party, but all in all im still on he edge right now i might have to save my money and see if it gets any better.

edit: btw the graphics are stunning!but for some reason i have a hard time liking them hmmm im going crazy its all the beer in my system i loved hl2 grapghics more for some reason ? anyways im probably overreacting bt ill just have to play test it again tommorow.

Oh, yeah, the berserker. I'm already on act 4. The berserker was.. creepy. The sound of it just freaked me out. Dont you think wraiths are kinda like hast zombies? Only.. thicker..

I saw someone in the commercial thread say they heard the "techno remix" of Mad World when they were talking about the song on one of the GoW commercials...yeah, that "techno remix" is the original by Tears for Fears. Gary Jules covered the song, not the other way around.

Back