Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Trailer (cool stuff)

Cool Trailer,

But I am sick of modern themed shooters........ I really am. With Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2. I think modern shooter fatigue is setting in.

But you think you're sick of them now? Hahahah. HHAHAHAHAA

This shit has only just begun, comrade.

But you think you're sick of them now? Hahahah. HHAHAHAHAA

This shit has only just begun, comrade.

I don't know, I think I have yet to see a modern themed shooter that has a solid plotline you know what I mean. They could deal with so much serious issues.

But I think that game would flop.

Also look at the game trailer, it offers nothing new in terms of story. Woopee, Russian bad guy all over again. We had that in Modern Warfare 2, We had that in Bad Company 2. And now probably this too.

I don't think it's that hard to come up with a bad guy that's not Russian.

Completely uninspired and trite, we're probably going to see 3-5 more in the next year or two.

I don't pay attention to any of them. I like long single player games; they don't really care about what I want, apparently.

Russia AGAIN?!

This.

Make it something new, like I dunno, China?

Or if you want something really original, make it USA, and have the player be rebel forces or something.

I don't mind going back to Russia, feels a bit nostalgic since Russia was the setting for the first Ghost Recon.

That, plus the fact I'm a bit biased since I used to be quite a big Russoholic, bit less these days.

Russia IRL is getting balsy as **** as well, I mean earlier this month the RAF intercepted a Russian strategic bomber over British airspace.

Russia AGAIN?!

Not only Russia AGAIN, its the same damn story AGAIN. Seriously, they couldn't come up with anything more original that "ultranationalists cease power in Russia" (which, you know, was the whole plot of the first game)? Really?

And honestly, why do we have to always go to the near future these days, its like game developers seem to think that the only war to happen between 1945 and 2015 was Vietnam.

Honestly. Why can't we go to the Falklands? Grenada? Afghanistan - Russian Edition? Chechnya? Angola? Rhodesia? Malaya? Kenya? Kashmir? Israel? Anything but this dross!

Russia IRL is getting balsy as **** as well, I mean earlier this month the RAF intercepted a Russian strategic bomber over British airspace.

We did that last year, too.

CONSPIRACY!

Ok THAT was cool. Mixing MW2 with battlefiled 2142 sign me up! :D

and yeah this would be my first ghost recon game

Live action shorts are super lame. Show us gameplay.

That was a pretty cool trailer. Drones looked sweet.

drones,opctical camoflauge,futuristic weaponry.....

all this elements where in the metal gear series but yeah everybody hated it "omg is japanese so is like manga dragon balls shit!" but sure people will love this now since it have burgly marines saying "lets go marines hooha!" and you play as a USA soldier killing evil russians

you will see now litle kids talking how awsome war robots are and saying how japanese like metal gear are rip offs "lol metal gear SUCKING! cuz its such a rip off dude!"

Since when have people hated those things in metal gear?

Since when have people hated those things in metal gear?

well everyone who didnt liked metal gear,based in things like realism and such and how splinter cell is much better cuz is realistic
and saying that looks like a crappy anime,especially cuz its of japan so they think everything that comes from japan is pure anime

also the storyline but modern warfare2 came whit a story similiar in some ways to a tipical metal gear game and tons of people praised it

is like if due to the success(if it did) of heavy rain a interest in adventures games like that raise in the "casual" gamers and praise it for be such a new and original form of game while those kind of games where very famous before but practically dissapeared cuz people didnt liked it

Honestly. Why can't we go to the Falklands? Grenada? Afghanistan - Russian Edition? Chechnya? Angola? Rhodesia? Malaya? Kenya? Kashmir? Israel? Anything but this dross!

Playing as a Russian soldier taking on the Chechnians ?

That was a pretty cool trailer. Drones looked sweet.

I am surprised, mainly because I expected you to call this more of the "consolified kiddy bullshit". Can't win them all I guess.

but yeah everybody hated it "omg is japanese so is like manga dragon balls shit!"

In terms of reactions, Japanese entertainment seems to get polarised reactions. For example, Some people really hate Final Fantasy, while others love it to bits.

Live action shorts are super lame. Show us gameplay.

There is a Ghost Recon Multiplayer Beta if you pre order Splinter Cell

But it's not worth it.

well everyone who didnt liked metal gear,based in things like realism and such and how splinter cell is much better cuz is realistic
and saying that looks like a crappy anime,especially cuz its of japan so they think everything that comes from japan is pure anime

also the storyline but modern warfare2 came whit a story similiar in some ways to a tipical metal gear game and tons of people praised it

is like if due to the success(if it did) of heavy rain a interest in adventures games like that raise in the "casual" gamers and praise it for be such a new and original form of game while those kind of games where very famous before but practically dissapeared cuz people didnt liked it

I've never encountered people that think that everything out of Japan is "pure anime", nor have I ever encountered any sensible individual that praised the story of Modern Warfare 2, most in fact hated it.

I guess I've just been lucky when it comes to what kind of people I've encountered in my travels.

Also, drones isn't really something unique to MGS or particularly sci-fi, there are already some bigger drones in usage and/or development by several different armies,

And maybe they chose to add active camouflage because of the fact that it wasn't until in 2008 that the US military announced their funding of the active camouflage project at UC Berkeley, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_camouflage#UC_Berkeley

Thus meaning that the concept of active camouflage is far less sci-fi now than it was when for example MGS1 and 2 were released.

Back